|
Author Topic:   What the heck is this?
Irascible
posted March 29, 2003 01:01 AM            
I was goofing around and ran a server with Kong's weapons master packs and the clan maps. Sooner or later the things below pop up. It makes a tremendous amount of irritating noise but doesn't damage anything.

Also, any idea what "Could not find Entity with Hash 1011150798" is? That error message pops up hundreds of times.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 29, 2003 01:03 AM            
TM freaks out like that once in awhile. It's something that's left over from one of the shadow weapons...can't remember which one. Somehow it gets corrupted or looped in memory. Not sure if LDA has a fix yet fer that or not.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 29, 2003 01:18 AM            
Yeah, but it happens every time. If you think it has something to do with shadow, maybe I'll take out the shadow mines. I don't think shadow summoner would do that.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 29, 2003 01:34 AM            
Ah yes. I remembered Rex mentioning this before. The error was a flag I didn't have installed. Now I just have to figure out my noisy spires.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 29, 2003 02:20 AM            
looks like a large tornado made of flame, yes?
thats the offline(singleplayer) version of the shadow summoner that causes this.
go to RC's site (elite hunters) and look for(under server packs) 'vladpak2' it has been modified for server use

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 29, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 29, 2003 03:40 AM            
U R right Rex.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 29, 2003 03:40 AM            
I watched the summoner crash and cause that.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 29, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted March 29, 2003 09:21 AM            
Its the shadow summoner.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 31, 2003 10:02 PM         
Not your political forum - go away.
------------------
Give Me Ambiguity .............Or .......Give Me Something Else !!!

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited March 31, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted March 31, 2003 10:50 PM            
and what does this have to do with the subject of this thread?

IP:

mr.BIG
posted April 01, 2003 12:18 AM         
Not your political forum - keep on subject or start your own forum. This is a game forum.

------------------
Give Me Ambiguity .............Or .......Give Me Something Else !!!

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited April 01, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 01, 2003 03:25 AM            
I find enough war talk in the newspapers and TV. Isn't this a GAME forum? I come here sometimes to ESCAPE the reality of the news.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 01, 2003 09:49 AM            
Hmmm.. back when I was doing some online testing of the earlier Shadow Summoner, I never saw that particular effect, let alone seeing errors.

The non-online Shadow Summoner tended to have the biggest lag problems right after it was fired, in the third "stage" of spawning the ship. I had this odd little effect in there involving vertically stretched explospheres, but for some reason, they got all screwey, and completely froze the server until the ship spawned.

Either way, the online capable version of the SS should work just fine, if that is the problem.

IP:

posted April 03, 2003 01:14 AM            
Got the same thing in armageddon when the das Tornado is activated. Pretty though.

IP: