|
Author Topic:   Direct X 9 - Yea or Nay Mk.II
mELON cRACKER
posted March 17, 2003 06:34 PM            
Since my other message got the nuke when I tried to post it, I am going to do the condensed version this time. It has been a long day at work, and I can't type all that in again.
Long story short:
Has anyone upgraded to DirectX 9? I have a Win98 system running DX8.1 (dual boot with Mdk9). It works fine. The only thing that I want to run but can't at this point it 3dMark03. I can live without it.
Has anyone's computer taken a dump on them when installing DX9? I notice it says there is no uninstallation, so if it doesn't work out, you restore from a full backup or you get out the reinstallation disks.
I don't want to screw up my system when there is nothing wrong with it.
Thanks,
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

kv
posted March 17, 2003 06:52 PM            
just installed it, it appears that I am indeed still alive.

I say yea.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 17, 2003 06:53 PM            
I heard from someone that they just did this. .
Matrix, maybe? I also know that others upgraded and had problems. mELON, so a search in the forums and I think you will find a thread from Super on it.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 17, 2003 07:09 PM            
I installed this when it came out, more or less! Seems to work fine! Am stil alive and in fact, my gameplay's improved drastically (if not that but for a better puter, minus the lag)!

IP:

kv
posted March 17, 2003 08:00 PM            
i'm going to take back my yea until I figure out if I did actually have a problem.

had to leave for a bit, just got back, my wallpaper decided to change its colors, had to change my color depth to fix it.

I'm gonna see if it happens again, and if it does, i'm glad I made a restore point.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 17, 2003 08:09 PM            
No problems with XP so far.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 17, 2003 08:44 PM            
Color depth decides to change itself all the time. usually a game changes it automatically to run properly and then fails to change it back when you close the program.

IP:

kv
posted March 17, 2003 08:44 PM            
ok, I do have a problem with it. It made my laptop display go blank and would not come back. Restarted and restored dx 8. It's all good now.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 17, 2003 10:41 PM            
Im DX9 - no issues to report appart from better performance and increased stability.

But time will tell.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 18, 2003 06:18 PM            
I have read somewhere that most graphics cards dont fully support DirectX 9. I think that there are actually only a few that do...

IP:

wolfman
posted March 18, 2003 11:56 PM            
WIN ME - 16MB TNT2 M64 PRO Graphics Card - hosed my system up at the beginning of the year. Might be that I just have a bit of a cheesy card lol JT

IP:

glomund
posted March 19, 2003 06:27 AM            
i have xp... i have dirx9... works fine for me.

IP: