|
Author Topic:   Golden Ant Server is up again
posted March 16, 2003 03:00 AM            
Thanks to DNX Cementry hosting DMF, the GA server can be up again. Will be going between racing with only the mass driver and single weapon practice. Only 4 people will be allow on at anyone time. Otherwise it gets too laggy for the DSL connection. And Killers log scan is up on it.

The racing with only the mass driver is a favorite of the GA LAN parties. You get to kick the tank and the battlefield does not get damaged too badly. The races are only 2 laps with stock maps.

Sometimes, I will put up the single weapon server. This will allow people to practice learning the different attributes of the weapons. I will also match 2 weapons against each other people can practice. A good 2 weapon match would be the flamer against the swarmers. Again only stock maps for 10 minutes. Remember, it is only for practice.

If there any, questions or comments, post them here. thx.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

posted March 16, 2003 04:41 AM            
I have forgotten how much fun it is to just race. Hey, if you find yourself in the lead, take practice shots at the race markers or trees, just to practice your aim. See you there.

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 16, 2003 04:57 AM            
Good stuff, 666! Just out of curiousity, does Killer's stats consider races and the number of laps or the place you finish? Just wondering...

IP:

posted March 16, 2003 06:47 AM            
Nope...I forgot that. He said that he would work on it when the race up gets. I wonder how that stats look now?

------------------

IP:

posted March 16, 2003 01:49 PM            
People, it is too much fun with just the mass driver as the only weapon. Was on with Corpse, Jon, and me and sometimes we don't get to finish the race because we end up shooting each other earning frequent flyer miles. It's too much fun!

------------------

IP:

posted March 16, 2003 02:09 PM            
The scariest part is being in the lead. Here you are racing at full tilt...sliding through the gates with lasers dancing all over you. Never knowing when one will land and send you flying. It is teeth clenching fun.

And all through the racing I am moving in my chair sliding with the tank.

edit: Susan is telling me to kowerck my gramer.
------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 16, 2003).]

IP:

posted March 16, 2003 11:59 PM            
Well the racing is just too good to change it any time soon.

When there, practice racing backwards. A great skill that always comes in handy.

And I forgot, the starting gate post are different for each map...and very cool looking.

See you there.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 17, 2003).]

IP:

glomund
posted March 17, 2003 08:24 AM            
wow, i am going to have to jump in on that. i haven't raced with a human opponent before.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 17, 2003 11:10 AM            
We noticed PINGS OF < 100 for on line players, so we have allowed additional players to connect. If you notice any performance problems, please let either 666 or myself know. The mass driver was chosen by 666 as the weapon of choice as it is non-deformational and a heck of a lot of fun to be able to boot racing tanks out of your way

IP:

posted March 18, 2003 09:21 PM            
Well, guess what happens when people start to get tired of racing.

They just punt each other.

Don't want to drop names...elbacsari...er did not mean to say the ...Bob...opps said it again. Actually, Bob was not bad...just the elpaso guy/gal was easily irratated almost irrational...if you know what I mean.

This always happens at the LAN parties. Maybe what I will have to do is do teams of 2 players. That way someone can ride shot gun and protect the other.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 18, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 18, 2003 09:27 PM            
hheeh! yeah I was on a server, Robo's in fact! he had a 400 ping (my usual for american servers) and I had 257! he wasn't too pleased about being kicked about the place by us, ranted a bit an left!

IP:

Irascible
posted March 18, 2003 11:11 PM            
You might want to consider just going with the pea shooter and no special weapons. One good hit from the mass driver and you're out of the race. Then, you might decide to make sure the person that hit you is out of the race as well. Then you might decide to punt someone else out of the race. It's a vicious cycle. :^)

IP:

Irascible
posted March 18, 2003 11:13 PM            
The heavy flamer might be good. It has no kick but will slow your opponent down. It's not as fun as the mass driver of course.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 18, 2003 11:38 PM            
and you cook yourself if you dont watch what you're doing

man... I should have been able to come up with a joke right then. It's exactly the situation when I get them. Oh well... if they dont come instantly, they dont come at all...

Purple pidgeons wear pants!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 18, 2003 11:39 PM            
hmm... my impulsive side comming out. beware of the impulsive side.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 18, 2003 11:40 PM            
hmm... my impulsive side comming out. beware of the impulsive side.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 18, 2003 11:41 PM            
since when do buttons send the information without closing the window?!?!?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 21, 2003 09:24 PM            
since impatient people get impatient and become impatient and click it more than once, hehehehehehe =)=)

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 21, 2003 10:58 PM            
no, I clicked it, minimized it, and did something else. later I came back and it was still there

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 21, 2003 11:41 PM            
ah! a modem of evil be it? hehe, still you clicked it twice, no matter the time between =) hehe

IP: