|
Author Topic:   LANGUAGE
HUT
posted March 14, 2003 09:50 AM            
Hello dear friends behind ocean, my favorite LDA Board-Language Academy.

Is English really the language of future? Isn't it? What do you think about it?
If you have got any good link about English, *.txt, *.mp3, *.wav. etc...let me know, please.

With best wishes your, HUT.

[This message has been edited by HUT (edited March 14, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted March 14, 2003 01:06 PM            
Don't more people speak Chinese or Spanish then English?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted March 14, 2003 03:57 PM            
No, I think Hut is correct. English will dominate because...most computer programming languages are in ...English.

It seems trivial but since most businesses use software to do business and that software needs adjusting...you are going to need persons who understand English.

Another contributing factor helping English to dominate would be American Culture. Though some here in the States wonder what so great about American Culture besided yogurt.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 14, 2003 10:18 PM         
Isn't Capitalism great ??? China has the most people for sure , but India is gainin on em fast.
The 2nd language in the U.S. has to be Spanish , some states are making English the national language , since the Feds won't

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 15, 2003 09:55 AM            
English is the laguage of politics and business already, simply because America is the center of the world. Nothing happens that we are not a part of.

China has the most people, but I saw in a textbook that India has a rediculously high population density. LIKE, 50 TIMES THAT OF CHINA!

Down here in Florida, English speaking people are the minority. Unfortunately, my VERY unstable elementary school spanish teacher scarred me for life, making me hate all spanish classes. I will never attempt to learn Spanish again.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 15, 2003 10:21 AM            
Down here in good old blighty we speak a lot of English, i reckon we must have learned it from the aussies and kylie monogue. She may be a crap singer and have no tallent but makes up for it tenfold coz she got the cutest ace.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 15, 2003 11:36 AM            
heh, 1/4 of all the people in the world speak Chinese, yet english will eventually dominate, w00t!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 15, 2003 11:44 AM            
thats because 1/4 of the people in the world live in china...

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 15, 2003 01:11 PM         
I could have sworn that 1/4 of the 1/4 you refer to SM live on the West Coast of the U.S. , what with our open borders and all

------------------

If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. It's no use being a fool about it .

IP:

A2597
posted March 15, 2003 01:56 PM            
Seriously...China is over populated...I mean, 1/10 people live along the yangsee river for petes sake!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 15, 2003 02:49 PM            
I hear that just about everything in Hawaii is owned by Japan. What they fialed to take with bombs in the forties, they are taking with money now in true American style!

mr. big, try this: If at first you dont succeed, bribe them.

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited March 15, 2003).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 15, 2003 03:17 PM         
unfortunatly bribes cost money , try Sailor , he makes a lot more than me , heck he has a moped . I think Corpse has a Vespa , talk about high rollers geez
Although I can't understand why a dead guy needs a Vespa hehe

------------------

If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. It's no use being a fool about it .

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 15, 2003 04:23 PM            
I want a 1976 Corvette Stingray...

IP:

HUT
posted March 15, 2003 05:18 PM            
Hi
Don't threat me with Chinese, We can have the border between our countries, and that is impossible in Your case.
Best wishes HUT

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 15, 2003 08:51 PM         
You tell them HUT , the Chinese are good at laundry , but they have a tendency to put in too much starch , especially in underwear .
Understandable though since they don't know what they are , as they don't wear them hehe
So much for one of the oldest societies in the world , heck they still eat dogs , cats , and rats

------------------

IP:

corpse
posted March 15, 2003 11:31 PM            
and it ALL tastes like chicken

dog = a drumstick for all the kids

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 16, 2003 12:32 AM            
I'll take a slab of lab and a flat cat cassarole. and dont forget the roast rat. (sorry, don't feel like taking the time to come up with a good one for rat.)

do they make the awesome possum potroast w/ tail?

IP: