|
Author Topic:   Host to host a server
DNX-Cemetery
posted March 09, 2003 07:28 PM            
I need help hosting a server. I have it show up but i cant get a ping.

IP:

coaxs
posted March 09, 2003 07:30 PM            
Welcome to the forum Cem.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2003 07:37 PM            
Yes...welcome!

If yer playing on the same network as the server, you'll have to connect via "Refresh LAN" vs "Refresh Internet".

What's the IP and port?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 09, 2003 07:40 PM            
Cemetary, are you on a LAN with your server? I don't show pings on mine either, or at least not until I am in a game. Someone with more tech skills can tell you why, I just know what happens.
Certainly you will get some responses here, but you can also post on the DMF Boards. There is a section for server jockeys there. Perhaps a message to both would work doublely well.
Good Luck.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 09, 2003 07:41 PM            
Fergot to mention that if yer on the same network as the server and you go to "Refresh Internet", it won't show a ping. You'll have to contact someone outside the server's network to make sure it's working okay.

If it's not, then you'll need to check the firewall of yer network...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 09, 2003 09:11 PM            
Cemetery, check out the Log Scan section of the DMF forum, too. Killer very carefully tells one how to figure out the best fps and other settings to best use your connection speed. You have your server currently set to connect 32 clients, but it was lagging and getting ping spikes with the 7th connection. Check it out It did seem to help with my server.

*edited cause I can't type

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited March 09, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 09, 2003 11:03 PM            
Hiya Cemetery!

Would you like to add your server to the TM LogScan server list?

Its a system I developed which scans your log files while your server is up, andd tracks player stats on my website. It also allows you to set up events (like a DDM for example) and have the results instantly availible at the end of the match. It also lets you set up Ladders for your server and more!

If you're interested, give me a holler at sera@boomstickjoes.com

Check out my website to see the currently listed servers:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 10, 2003 02:58 AM            
Glad we were able to get yer server online and showing. I'd recommend a software firewall fer yer server now that we stuck it in the DMZ. I'd still recommend Sygate Personal Firewall since it's free...

Did I mention that it's free?

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted March 10, 2003 08:02 AM            
Hi Cemetery

If you can see the server on LDAs the master se server but zero pings then its your firewall not passing on the reply from LDA

You need to open the port 12499 and get the firewall to pass it to the your local server

IP:

posted March 10, 2003 09:22 AM            
Yo...Welcome to the TM community Cemetery. Seen you on the battlefield hope to see you post more often.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 10, 2003 01:35 PM            
hey cem! Good server man! jsut keep me away from ur mass

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 15, 2003 05:52 PM            
Welcome

so, i guess killer will murder corpse and bury him in the cemetary?

IP:

corpse
posted March 15, 2003 11:37 PM            
hay Scappy
that was a good one!
don't stop now your on a roll
LOL

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 16, 2003 12:27 AM            
I can only come up with descent jokes when a descent opportunity presents itself. that was just BEGGING to be used! I'm supprised that no one beat me to it

IP: