|
Author Topic:   Anyone have pics of game 1 and 2 of tonights DDM?
Irascible
posted March 02, 2003 09:57 PM            
I've got game 3 below. I wrote down the other two as they ended because I don't have SnagIt installed. If anyone has the pics or cares to correct my notes, please let me know.

edit: removed my notes thanks to Harmless's pics posted down below

Oh, and a hearty welcome to our newest player: SpawnFraggingAllowed! He placed second in his very first DDM! *cough*

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 03, 2003).]

IP:

posted March 02, 2003 11:21 PM            
Thanks Ras for doing the stats.

But I think the spawnfraggingallowed player came in 3rd in the 2nd DDM.

And the 3rd game does not count since we did not start with 8 player...or...is it that you need to end with 8 players. I do not know what the ruling is on this.

Someone must know?

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2003 11:28 PM            
-Coax knows this stuff. Or, he makes it up as he goes along. Either way he'll chime in.
-I'm going to leave as is for the moment. I think that maybe I saw SFA as second because whoever was second left too quick for me to get their numbers. If that person really cares, they'll probably speak up.
-I think you were SFA, right Devil? If so, I wonder what Coax would have to say about putting down your name instead of SFA. What on Earth were you thinking? :^P

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 02, 2003 11:34 PM            
Wasn't SpawnFragginAllowed Guido?

And I had to leave after game 2 - I was playing at 100 Ping, and my tank would move at 100 ping, but when I pressed the fire button it was acting like 500 ping. And I was also getting long term 1000-4000 ping jumps that lasted over a minute each time...

My first game was decent...had little problem...

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited March 02, 2003).]

IP:

posted March 02, 2003 11:50 PM            
Yes, I was the player spawnfraggingallowed. I was also "I hate this map" and "not again".

I choose the spawnfraggingallowed name because I was being spawn fragged. It was no ones fault. If you battle around the spawn points it will happen. Since there were so few points around only one battlefield the chances of spawn fragging increase. And it did. Thus I was not happy.

Yes, I would perfer the clan maps for a DDM. The problems of uneven map rutting and spawn fragging does not happen on those maps.

Just a thought for the next DDM.

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2003 11:52 PM            
Now that you mention it, I recall wondering when in the heck you got so good RC. I was chasing you for a good portion of that first game. It's been a long dry spell for TC. But after not placing for 34 consecutive DDMs, you're there again! :^)
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

IP:

harmless
posted March 02, 2003 11:52 PM            
despite my woe inducing performance...
here are your screenshots ras

http://www.hallsted.net/3-2-03-DDM.zip

it's only 100KB for both of them.

toodles,
harmless

added...
these are games one and two.

[This message has been edited by harmless (edited March 02, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2003 11:53 PM            
I was wondering when you were going to get to that Aku. :^)

IP:

posted March 03, 2003 12:08 AM            
Silly me. Coax do you think that you could change the name of spawnfraggingallowed to 666. No, hurry. Just thought we might want to get the record straight. Or is this going to be another lesson for my by the Almighty Admins. LOL

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 03, 2003 12:11 AM            
Actually, Ira - its more like no one from TC showing up for 34 consecutive DDMs

My network connection is very erratic - I often can't connect with decent ping.

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2003 12:12 AM            
Thanks Harm! The stats have been corrected. And you get what you deserve Aku. No one could or should have compassion for a demonic metallic arthropod.

IP:

posted March 03, 2003 12:17 AM            
Forgot...thanks Ras and Mike for getting the stats. And thanks Coax for the prompt posting in the ladder.

You know, Coax, have I told you how much I truly appreciate your wonderful talent at being an Admin. In addition, the beautiful site displaying the ladder results. You are truly a needed assets in the TM community.

*Grovel...grovel* Do you think that, only if you have time, that you could change the spawnfraggingallowed to my name 666. I would appreciate it.

------------------

Edit...make sure that Coax know how truly great the man is.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 03, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2003 12:21 AM            
OK, so you can thank me for the prompt posting. If you're going to grovel, get it right. :^P

TC's fleeting glory:

IP:

posted March 03, 2003 12:26 AM            
thx Ras for posting it.

Coax, did I forget to mention that you are truly one of the best TM player every. The way you jump high over the hill, take that random shot with the plasma gun, and land the frag. Oh, it is a joy to behold. You are one mean turrent turning liquid tank.

*cough*...if possible...could you change the spanwfragging allowed to 666...thx

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2003 12:54 AM            
Is Max still not part of a clan?

IP:

posted March 03, 2003 01:18 AM            
Hey Coax...did also mentioned that I had the player name "not again" in the 3rd game.

So, as Ras has informed me if you take into account the spawnfraggingallowed and not again, then I would replace Aragon in the skill ladder.

Thanks for considering it.

And I promise to not ever...NEVER change my name during a DDM or Clan battle.

------------------

IP:

coaxs
posted March 03, 2003 01:55 AM            
I've been away since Friday and thats why I haven't replied. I'll change your name to 666 on the ladder and place you at Aragon's seat on the ladder next free chance I have or whenever Ras gets around to it.

For those that don't know or follow all the exciting things at www.coaxs.net
Ras is in charge of the DDM ladder there and it is he who places the results and makes the ladder page all spiffy looking, he's also the one to speak to for immediate results when wanting to change something on the page.

Answers to Questions.
If the final pic shows 8 or more tanks then its an official DDM, if it does not then its not an official DDM. I don't always make-up all the rules, but it is my site and I can do what I want to.

Max is in the Lone Wolf Alliance and will be placed with them, as soon as one of the contributing authors of coaxs.net get to it.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2003 03:17 AM            
It's done. I credited Max's wins in the last two ranked DDMs to LWA. I believe Max was still unaffiliated back in June of last year so I left him coded as non-clan for those wins. Should Ara be upset at losing the "prestige" associated with placing on the skill ladder, then I will remind him that I am only Coax's whipping boy. He runs the show when it comes to the ladders.

IP:

posted March 03, 2003 11:48 AM            
Coax...thanks. Ras, thanks for letting me suffer. I am more humble from the experience.

------------------

IP:

ARAGON
posted March 04, 2003 11:02 PM            
"...place you at Aragon's seat on the ladder..."

What seat? huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

IP:

Paranor
posted March 04, 2003 11:40 PM            
I have no idea why it was only 2 maps. <grumble>

23 first place games RAS? SHEESH

IP:

Irascible
posted March 05, 2003 12:11 AM            
That would be the skill ladder Ara.
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/skill.html

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 05, 2003 11:41 AM            
THAT was the 3rd? man I turned up pretty late but I dind't think I'd have caught the actual games! oh well... clan ddm time!

IP: