|
Author Topic:   What sound system do ya run on the PC ?
mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 06:39 PM         
I have an Altec Lansing ATP3 setup , and it's pretty sweet sounding Got it thru UBID about 8 months ago for about 50 bucks with s&h . Best Buy wanted about 65 bucks for the same model .
Ok Dudes what ya got for good vibes Guido ......

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 02, 2003 07:19 PM            
I love music. I have a 4.1 channel setup by CREATIVE. forgot the exact wattages but the subwoofer is so powerful that when you turn the Bass Boost knob all the way up it comes so close to blowing out the window behind me that it bulges out slightly. the 4 small speakers can keep up with it. I have never turned the volume of this monstrocity more than half way up as I am afraid to. I hope the neighbors like my music because I'm sure they listen to itevery once in a while, wether they try to or not.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 07:35 PM         
Wonderful SM , sounds Killer Check for these tunes on the net : Poison well by Insolence ; Zero Space , and Crazy by the Kidney Theives ; Six underground by Sneaker Pimps ; Right here in my arms by HIM Let me know how you like em , and if you don't then .............Guido

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 02, 2003 08:58 PM            
what genre are they? it takes 15-30 minutes to download a song on a 56k and I don't want to wast time and bandwidth. cours there was only a micrometer of it to begin with...

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 09:30 PM         
I use winmx and it works great , as far as genre I'd guess white rap , alternative , and metal .
Just do it and if it sux to you ok . If not you burn it and are a hero to your buds
I cant force you too , but I burned for a coworker about 19 , and her freinds are goin nuts over the cd I burned ; Up to you studly hehe . Guido the Killer Pimp

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 02, 2003 09:36 PM            
I really don't like rap (makes my ears bleed man!) so which ones are the alternative and metal, I like some alternative, and all forms of rock

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2003 09:41 PM            
Creative SB Audigy Here - slammed thru a nice 9 Speaker Phantom Surround System .... 800w RMS Yamaha amp

ROCKS YA WORLD BABY !

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 09:54 PM         
OK Matrix so far U really SUK , Sounds sweet though , even thow now I hate you the most till some other , non whatever the friggin heck does u 1 better , ( Oh Lord here my prayer that some other wiener will best this devout ahole , and smite his Donkey , or is Ass acceptable .........And teach this heathen a lesson .............. of sorts , by the power bestowed upon me by this book I just found hehe

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 03, 2003 03:19 AM            
Well hell sry for replying... if you didnt want an answer you can't stand, perhaps you should consider not asking the question.

I saved up a long time for my setup, graft sweat n tears. i think im entitled to the nicer things in life since i dont smoke or drink or do drugs as a vice.

So im a music junkie - so shoot me.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

wolfman
posted March 03, 2003 07:36 AM            
I want your set up Matrix - man oh man my wife would love the sound. She's a music junkie as well lol We have nothin too fancy on ours - some TDK setup - either 20 or 50 watt. Not great, but better than what came with the pc lol
PS Don't sweat the small stuff bud JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 03, 2003 09:06 AM            
I never get to crank it up *neighbours see* - but the important thing is that having suce a massive range on the volume dial means less hiss at the bottom end with quiet music.

Top Tip : put some ferrite rings on the cables to the speaker, if there IS any hiss they should clear that right up - put the stuff on spikes too if ya can, reduces vibration and keeps the sound clean.

The setup is:

Twin front KEF 800w @ 6ohm
Twin Centres at 400w for speach
Sub Woofer - 50w
Twin rears rated at 200w
Twin Side Phantoms rated at 200w

The amp handles the seperation and the voltage levels per speaker.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 04, 2003 01:35 AM            
I can't beat that. I have this old victrola hooked up to mine. I have to crank it every 5-10 minutes or so, to give it power. It is very crackly, so I let it run down from time to time, as I hate the noise from all the pops and cracks.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 04, 2003 04:07 AM            
Hey Matrix i got one of those audigy cards, think its a platinum and comes with a front facia for recording stuff. Sounds pretty good through my pioneer amp and tannoy speakers. Those spikes sure can ruin ya furniture though.

IP:

RangerChic
posted March 04, 2003 08:26 AM         
well since my system sucks anyway heres the specs hehe

RC

Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 Legacy
on Altec Lansing speakers, only thing is when i reboot the computer the volume and synthesizer settings i have to re-do everytime which is very annoying, not much but im still fixing all the stuff i got cheated out of

[This message has been edited by RangerChic (edited March 04, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted March 06, 2003 04:04 PM            
Dolby 5.1 sound card, and basic mini speakers.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

VorDesigns
posted March 07, 2003 12:22 AM            
Hi,

Just bought Cyber Acoustics 5.1 Surround sound system.
Support says that I need to get a thick piece of carpet to put under the floors so the neighbor's windows will stop shaking.
I need to dig out the install box for the Soyo Dragon Ultra so that I can add the Sound card riser and separate out the subwoofer from the rest of the system and turn it down a little more.
My wife came in and yanked the power supply for it because I thought I was alone and enjoy REALLY knowing when a tank is coming up behind me.
hehe..

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 07, 2003 06:34 PM         
Matrix , your setup is awesome , just my way of sayin so I guess no one but Ras understands my humor , even though I don't get his hehe
I've had cyber acoustic's before and for the price they're not bad
I'd really like the 5.1 latest by Altec Lansing but will have to wait to shell out 150 bucks plus

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted March 08, 2003 10:12 AM            
Logitech 4.1 surround...

quite powerful, VERY clear sound. I don't think I've ever turned it past 1/3 its max, and then I can hear the music VERY clearly outside....

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2003 10:29 AM            
Np guido - didnt see it b4.

Guys - if you want some serious boom from your box, consider the Creative 5:1 box of tricks that kicks ya walls down for 150 bucks ! only a small box and small speakers but they put out like a left stage section at an open air concert, and they make the walls breathe at full tilt. The damn bass box has a bass port on the side too and the cones are top brass quality kit.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 10, 2003 07:05 PM            
I understand your humor guido, it's a lot like the sarcastic humor we use down here. example, when I told my friend about the CD player I bought with mp3/CD/WMA/FM tuner/so many friggin features! plus built in NI-MH charger (the batteries will run it for about 15 hours in mp3 mode) he had a simple response. "I hate you". he then tried to hide his old beat up CD player that he has since replaced with the slightly inferior model of mine ("I don't need all those features! And unlike you, I don't like to spend all of my money on something so that I can have the best CD player on the market")

hmm... my description is confusing... for a much clearer description go to www.RioVolt.com. the model is the RioVolt sp250.

IP: