|
Author Topic:   Team Flags:Clan
Rex R
posted March 02, 2003 04:43 AM            
are you a member of one of the top TM clans? Have you ever wished you could fly your personal flag and your clan flag at the same time? Well now you will (shortly) be able to do so!
And on that note, if I want to get this out and availible before 'the clan war' then I'm gonna need any new clan flags (else you'll just have to put up with the ones I picked till I do up an update) before by monday at the latest.
GA; your flags are nonstandard sizes(standard size = 128 x 128) and not 8bit color (in case you were wondering why they didn't show in the frontend and look distorted)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2003 09:13 AM            
Sounds like a plan

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Rex R
posted March 02, 2003 06:58 PM            
to answer some possible Q's
Q do I need them to play on server x
A no, they only change the apperance of the flags locally
Q are there any drawbacks
A yes you might want to remove them for ctf games (unless you're having a 'clan' ctf game)

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 07:23 PM         
What if , I wanted just a personal flag , hopefully I could use it in the DDM's on sunday , ranked or not ??? I am not with a clan , and would trip for my own colors in that event
The thing is , I have a jpeg for a flag , but am not sure as to it's width by height in pixels , only the total pixels
Of course all this is a moot point if , after being made , It wasn't on the DDM server .
It would be a gass to have my own flag instead of running Nuclear as Guido .
Although the TM community have come to love that ID on the servers , like Sailor I have metamorped , I am now a moth .........now where did i put that sheep hehe Guido ....

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

KONG
posted March 03, 2003 09:01 AM            
OK Rex, I posted it on my site. It is listed under "Mod Master Packs"

Qersys

IP:

Rex R
posted March 03, 2003 12:37 PM            
thanks much. guess we'll find out whether the 'photographers' dl the pack when we get to see the pics

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 04, 2003 11:36 PM            
Rex, the Flags in the "Golden Ants" tab on our site, for our members list aren't flags, they are only for the site member list. The GA Clan Flags are here http://www.hallsted.org/goldant/gaflags.zip The official one is "GA Banner". IF YOU LOOK AT THE BMP you will be confused, you will question it, please do not Try it in game, and watch it on your tank, please do me this one favor before saying a word!!! (you will sound quite stupid if you don't).

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Rex R
posted March 05, 2003 02:32 AM            
my comments were based on; the flags labled as GA flags in the master flag pak not, on anything on your website that was not in the mflag pak from Kongs site. but now that I have a link...
ok I've glanced at it (your official flag) right size. still has more colors than what is considered max...

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited March 05, 2003).]

IP:

posted March 05, 2003 09:45 AM            
thank you Rex for doing the work and thank you Kong for hosting the download.

So all you clan people get your flag up.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

posted March 05, 2003 05:52 PM            
Well, just tried the clan flags and something does not seem right. Below is what I see.

BWL - Black or Red
DNX - Blue
Dog - Gold
LWA - Green or White
GA - nothing

Let me know if I am not correct. thx

IP:

Rex R
posted March 06, 2003 03:43 AM            
well since I didn't touch the ents and the names of the flags look right (works for me though you have to specify 6 teams in single play mode) that may be the problem the server may need to have 6 teams specified in the dedicated.cfg

IP:

posted March 06, 2003 05:47 PM            
You are correct...only had 4 teams up...silly me. Sorry about that.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited March 06, 2003).]

IP:

posted March 07, 2003 12:19 AM            
Been practicing the clan maps with the clan flags...very nice. And since I use 6 teams with 29 ai tanks my default flag is white which is the golden ants. They look very cool.

------------------

IP:

posted March 07, 2003 12:46 AM            
Everyone should try it doing single player, 6 teams, 29 AI, you being #30 with the clan flags. I feel like I am in a clan battle with all the ai's having the various clan flags. very cool

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted March 07, 2003 02:41 AM            
Or... they could just get a life.

(I've been to the Devil's house a few times. So I'm allowed to mess with him. )

IP:

posted March 07, 2003 09:33 AM            
Ah...the question to ask is "Can the Devil be saved?" or is the Devil in the grips of TM...a gamer's vice. LOL

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 09, 2003 12:10 AM            
ok, see what I mean Even though the bmp is screwed up, and the preview, it looks ok in game

IP: