|
Author Topic:   Hey :)
D-Lyrium
posted February 28, 2003 02:43 PM            
Hi guys

I got the game today (from a car boot sale ) and it rules!

Just wondering how many people still play it, and how many still play in online. It came out in 2000, so I was guessing there wouldn't be many, but I came here and the forums seemed pretty active

What's it like online with a 56kmodem? THe max I ever get is 46.6k though Is it going to be really really laggy? :\

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 28, 2003 03:22 PM            
Welcome!

There are several of us still playing (and modding).

Modem? depends entirely on your service. But you should have good pings on several of the servers. It tends to bog down on some of the servers that are on ADSL or Upload limited Cable lines when alot of players are on at one time.

A word to the wise: Get ICQ or trillian and get the ICQ number of the players on this board (click on the 'smiling face looking at the question mark' icon next to the post's
'posted date'). THat way if your in the mood to play, you can ICQ us and we would gladly frag ....er.... join you.

Some sites to check out:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/
http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/
http://www.hallsted.org/GoldAnt.html
http://tmmaps.koolhost.com/tmmaps/
http://www.dmf.filetap.com/
http://www.hallsted.net/tm-homage-harmless.html
http://www.hallsted.org/GoldAnt.html
http://treadmarks.elitehunters.com

Get your TM (and any other game for that matter) patches here http://www.gamesdomain.com/patches/t.html

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 28, 2003).]

IP:

posted February 28, 2003 03:25 PM            
Hey, welcome to the TM community. I am glad that you think that TM rules! It is the only game that I play. After you get the 1.6 upgrade you will be able to play at the LDA server online. To play at any other server you will need to download maps that the different plays have made. Below is the link for the different locations of the maps. With the 56K modem you will need to download the new maps when you have a lots of time to kill. Hey, if you find it impossible to download the maps. Let me know and I'll mail you a CD with them. Just tell me which ones you need, but 1st try to download them.

Hope to see you online.

/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003163.html

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

D-Lyrium
posted February 28, 2003 03:37 PM            
Thanks guys

Just one problem though :\

I downloaded the 1.6 patch, and then the temporary config because it needed it, and now the updater says Treadmarks can't update because TM.exe is an unknown version

I checked in-game (after looking everywhere else, lol) to find out the version number I had - 1.5.5. That's the patch I downloaded.

Meh, what'd I do wrong?

[This message has been edited by D-Lyrium (edited February 28, 2003).]

IP:

kv
posted February 28, 2003 03:45 PM            
download all the previous patches (1.5.7, 1.5.8, 1.5.9) and install them in sequence.

IP:

synack
posted February 28, 2003 06:14 PM         
D-L, Welcome! "car boot sale" eh? No need to check your bio to tell where you're from. You have quite a few local TMers in the UK, as well as Germany, Poland, all across the Colonies (like me ), Canada, plus the occasional encounter with some-times players from France, Japan and Oz among others.

Killer, "several of us still playing"?

There are LOTS of us playing ... just not all the time ... except at the Sunday Deadliest Death Matches (DDM for short).

Check those out too, in addition to the daily, nightly, adhoc gatherings that occur.

Again ... welcome, and look forward to seeing you on the servers once you sort out your issue. And you will sort it out ... just ask for more help right here if you need it. You're not the first person to have the particular problem you're describing. You'll find plenty of folks here willing to try to help.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited February 28, 2003).]

IP:

D-Lyrium
posted February 28, 2003 06:34 PM            
w00t, sorted that lil' problem out..

Thanks for all the help guys

Now, I'm off to see if I can actually hit someone

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 28, 2003 08:51 PM            
Yes, welcome to the community. We're always glad to have a new member.

IP:

D-Lyrium
posted February 28, 2003 10:16 PM            
"With the 56K modem you will need to download the new maps when you have a lots of time to kill."

From the ones I've seen so far, maps are less than 2mb usually. Is that right?

2megs isn't too bad. Under 15mins, usually under 10.

Over time, my collection will probably build up pretty well

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2003 12:19 AM            
Hey man, welcome aboard the Treadmarks train - Im in the Uk too so if ya wanna chat sometime drop me a line 0777 337 6069 - I Also run clan DNX, so if ur in the market for a clan, lemmie know

Our forums link is on this post - Enjoy. Oh ps: if you like maps, check out Clanmaps by 666, Sailors maps, My own Anarchy Mapset and The Boomstick Joy Ctf Maps

All in all a darn nice set of mods

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 01, 2003 03:22 AM            
Just so you get to know all the clans, I will list the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
LWA- the lone wolf association. A group of non-clan members who get together for clan battles
BWL- black widow lance
DOG- death or glory
GA-golden ants
DNX- ummm, DNX, it used to have a more meaningful name, but the rights were sold, so now it is just DNX
AOD - angels of death. Recently disbanded
ZE-Zyon enterprises
TC - Temporal Chaos

Most of the clans have websites and/or forums. You can get links to them via Matrix's DMF (death match federation) site: http://www.dnxworld.homestead.com/clans.html

Most clans are recruiting, btw

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2003 11:32 AM            
ZE is quiet at the moment, but would be a good choice... and TC was for beta testers only FYI and has only 1 remaining active member.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

corpse
posted March 01, 2003 11:54 AM            
hay matrix
thanks for the phone #
i see a over seas crank call in the works
lol
i'll call from work. so i dont get stuck with the bill.
talk to you soon

------------------
if you cant dance with the dead , get out of my coffin !

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 01, 2003 12:46 PM            
Thats misuse of company property Corpse. Think i`ll ring them at chips an get your ace locked up. haha.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted March 01, 2003 11:07 PM            
I'm pretty sure that tread marks has been around since before 2000.

Am I the only one that it bothers that the typical gaming player has the attention span of a 3 year old and quickly moves from one game to the next, always feeling that any game that is not brand new and cutting edge is below them to play?

Wow, that was a really long sentence.

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited March 01, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 02, 2003 03:45 AM            
You're not the only one Scrap Metal. I am a patient sort. Instead of paying $50 for the game the day it is released I wait until either Costco has it for $15 less, or wait even further til the game is in the bargain rack for less than $15. I happen to like the old games

IP:

Rex R
posted March 02, 2003 04:47 AM            
well when you consider that many of the game files are dated 1999...great game is it not?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 02, 2003 05:31 AM            
hey D-lyrium! hope to frag the hell outta you soon welcome to the community!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2003 09:18 AM            
quote:
hay matrix
thanks for the phone #
i see a over seas crank call in the works
lol
i'll call from work. so i dont get stuck with the bill.
talk to you soon

No problem man - the numbers listed on all my main sites - just thought it would be nice to help a fellow brit out verbally if needed. But i love chattin to ppl from the states and i ban crank numbers immediately after the call Just so u know

One request - remember the timezone difference; cheers.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 09:24 AM         
You have the option to download all the clan maps at once , should only take about one and a half hours to do on 56k

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

Paranor
posted March 02, 2003 09:26 AM            
Welcome D-Lyrium.

Every Sunday (usually) there is a DDM. That's where we all try to meet on the same day at the same time. There are probably 40 active players of Treadmarks. Not alot, but it's a tight community.

Time of DDM is 8:00 PM *EST*. And you must check here for what type of DDM it is as it may require downloads.

thanks

IP:

D-Lyrium
posted March 02, 2003 10:27 AM            
I'll try and get to those DDMs

8pm EST is midnight over here though :\ So I probably won't be able to get to many.

I'll still be around during the daytime though

The bots are more of a challenge though As synack found out yesterday!

Edit, look, a sentance without 'though' in it!

....wait.....no it isn't :p

though.

[This message has been edited by D-Lyrium (edited March 02, 2003).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted March 02, 2003 10:52 AM         
Just FYI Robo Jaws is hosting a Euro DDM server on tuesday's around 10pm GMT I believe .
See if you can make it , The server is Robo's clan ddm map server , a few may show up from the states , I'm planning on being there CYA's . Guido

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2003 11:01 AM            
FYI - EST is 5 hours behind us....

So 8pm EST is 1am GMT

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted March 02, 2003 01:03 PM            
LOL, only until Daylight Savings time. Ours starts the first Sunday in April and ends the last Sunday in October. When is it for the UK.

If anyone has a doubt about WHEN an event is, check out Boomstick Joes (www.boomstickjoes.com). I feel like a paid promoter for his site, but it has a calendar where you can set your own LOCAL TIME and it will let you know when events are. It even has the daylight savings time button

IP: