|
Author Topic:   We need a backup Sunday DDM server
mr.BIG
posted February 24, 2003 08:57 PM         
Just my opinion folks , but we had a pretty good turnout last sunday on Robo's Clan map server , at least 10 , not bad for not bein ranked . Par is often busy with other family things ( understandable ) Which is why I think we need a backup server in the event Par cant host .
I think we would have to agree on a backup ( with the hosts approval of course ) And keep the IP address handy in case the master goes down . That way ranked or not the true blue of this village will alway's have a place to go on Sunday's .
After all it's become something of an institution for Sunday DDM's .
True lag on a dsl or cable server would be a problem , but a limit of say 10 players on the backup would be reasonable , the first 10 before start time would have to be enforced to make it playable , ranked or not .
Any thoughts ??????? Guido .

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 25, 2003 07:50 AM            
who? noone here really can put up a solid server to handle 20+ players!

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 25, 2003 08:26 AM            
I have no problem with the Clan server or any of the other servers being used for DDMs etc but just be aware the it is only an ADSL 512/256 50:1 contention ratio link.

Id be interested to know what the lag or lack of was like when 10+ were playing.

I have noticed with6 of us playing (3UK an 3 overseas) that the overseas players had pings of 300+ the UK modem user 180 and us 2 on cable 90.

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 25, 2003 11:47 AM            
Even on my LAN I get a ping of 100. Up to 400 is playable, so I hear. Generally I am at 300 regardless of the server.

IP:

posted February 25, 2003 12:40 PM            
People were on the Robo clan map server on Sunday during the DDM time. In fact there were 6-7 players there. I think that the Robo clan map server would work well.

I do have one request for Robo. Could you up the intelligence of the AI's to 100%. Any setting lower than 100% and the AI's are too easy to kill. It is one of the reasons I do not visit the Robo clan map server. I tend to hang out at the Hallsted server because the AI's are at 100%. The 100% setting makes them more vicious.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

mr.BIG
posted February 25, 2003 05:43 PM         
My ping Robo was a steady 360 , and was still very smooth . I know in the past we tried the Euro DDM on Sunday's , maybe time for a revival ??? About 5 or 6 pm GMT I think would make it noon or 1 pm CST .
I understand 20 players would not work , but 10 or less should be ok .The first 10 to show before start time would play , anyone with lag of course could simply disconnect . They could even be ranked I suppose if someone wanted to take screen shots .
We need some type of backup to Par's server , and LDA's server with the stock maps isn't a viable option now that peeps are getting used to the Clan maps

------------------
To Some It's a six pack .............To Me It's A Support Group hehe......... Fun ! ! !

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 26, 2003 10:53 AM            
AIs 100% when I reset the server tonight

The server is setup for Euro DDM Tuesdays 2300 GMT first 3 fullgames after 2300, logged by Killers server loging thinggy.

Killer the Euro DDM have not been loged.
Have I done somthing wrong ??????.

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited February 26, 2003).]

IP:

posted February 26, 2003 01:00 PM            
Well, I am confused or maybe not. So that is 11 PM for the Brits. Seems late for a Tuesday, but doable for us in California.

thx for increasing the AI to 100% intelligence.

What maps are you using for the Euro DDM?
Is the Shadow taken out?

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 27, 2003 04:26 PM            
your right 11pm UK time so that some of our overseas friends can play (if the brits want it earlier then let me know)

the maps are the clan maps which ever happen to be in the rotation at the start time and yes shadow is removed but left in the nukes for fun

as I mentioned above the logging isnít working Iím going to email killer right after posting this

IP:

posted February 27, 2003 04:58 PM            
Forgot to ask. Is this going to be every Tuesday?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 27, 2003 10:34 PM            
<smacks David Upside the head>
CHECK OUT www.boomstickjoes.com and look at the events calendar. </smacking>

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 28, 2003 10:25 AM            
Thank Sue I wasnt near enough to clip him around the ears

Yep every Tuesday 11pm UK time. only thing is I dont think it count for any of the official rankings still it should be fun as long as the server/line can take the strain.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted February 28, 2003 05:55 PM         
I didn't realize Robo that you needed anyones permission to hold a ranked DDM .
I figure you just need screen shots after each of the 3 games , and someone to post the results .
Maybe make the first tuesday of the month a ranked DDM , or the second tuesday , or whatever you think
Ranking one DDM a month would I think add some legitimacy to the event , and hold intrest . Call it Robo's Euro DDM Fun

------------------

IP: