|
Author Topic:   HHEEELLLPPP!!!!
Scrap Metal
posted February 23, 2003 09:19 PM            
I cant get onto the server for the DDM. or any other site for that matter. i cant even see it in the menu. i checked the boomstick joes site to find out where to go but it dosnt give the IP address. it did give the IP for the armageddon site and that has one person on it but i cant join that one either. i already tried resetting my internet connection.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 23, 2003 10:33 PM            
That's due to the fact that some people don't want thier IP addresses published. SO there is on option on my website to hide it.

Although I always thought it defeats the purpose. :/ oh well.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 23, 2003 11:35 PM            
well, I guess I missed yet another DDM. eventually I will make it to one.....

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 23, 2003 11:44 PM            
Scrap Metal, Par posted that there would NOT be a DDM on his server today. He ran out of time setting up the server (but set up an alarm system so it shouldn't happen again).
There is a thread started listing various IP addresses for servers. It is possible to just type in an IP address and not wait for the list to show.
I added the IP address for the Anarchy Server to the Boomstick Joes server list and added it to the thread as mentioned.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2003 07:58 AM            
Dont know why ppl are so freaked out about their IP address - if some1 does a DNS trace they only get back to the ISP anyway. *looks around* nope - i dont see any dedicated 2600 or COTDC hackers here lol...

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

mr.BIG
posted February 24, 2003 07:30 PM         
No need Srap Metal to worry , there will be plenty of DDM's for you to participate in , and be crushed .
Sooooo you better practice , and I don't mean typing hehe

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 24, 2003 10:44 PM            
No, I mean that I checked to site and saw that another server had 8 people on it. I didn't have the IP and I couln't join any other servers either.

What's wrong with my typing? As shown in this post I can type with perfect grammer if I want to, but I don't unless I am being graded on it because it slows me down.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2003 01:28 AM            
You should always run your posts through a spell checker.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 25, 2003 08:18 PM            
why? i think (hope) you're all smart enough to figure out what i mean.

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited February 25, 2003).]

IP:

synack
posted February 25, 2003 08:30 PM         
IMHO, no one is smart enough to know what a young teen actually means. Just bustin' your chops, Scrap. Don't blow a gasket.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 25, 2003 08:42 PM            
Correction: no one is smart enough to know what a young teen RAPPER means! Honestly! Am I the only one who can't understand what they are saying through all of the slang?

IP:

coaxs
posted February 25, 2003 11:42 PM            
Scrap please review Netiquette rule #3 http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/ . The site does a better job explaining then I.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 26, 2003 10:21 PM            
look, i have been typing with better spelling and grammer than people use in instant chat type systems. those systems of abbreviation were created not only to save time in typing but also to save time reading. although to some people it may be a little strange at first i think that you can get used to it pretty fast and it is MORE convenient, not less. it is very much like shorthand which secretaries used to use. i have left out the extreme abbreviations such as ne1 (anyone) because no one else seemed to be useing them.

if a number of people here wish for me to use better grammar and put capitalization and apostrophes back in i will make a serious effort to break old habits. just remind me when i forget about it.

my s key has gotten sticky. so if anyone notices later posts that are entirely devoid of the letter s, it is because the button is stuck down underneath the plastic key and i havn't managed to get it back up yet.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 26, 2003 10:23 PM            
what I meant in the above post is that I thought that everyone could read the way I type every bit as easily as a book.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 27, 2003 12:13 AM            
Did you even read the site?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 27, 2003 07:06 PM            
yes I read the site!

by the way, i think that my spelling is pretty good, except for the occasional typo.

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited February 27, 2003).]

IP: