|
Author Topic:   TankBuilder has been completed and released
KiLlEr
posted February 17, 2003 02:03 AM            
After several months of work, the TankBuilder utility for TeamCTF is now complete. If you have the full install of TeamCTF, you can get the expansion pack here:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php/?FILE=TeamCTF_TankBuilder.zip

otehrwise you can get the whole TeamCTF+tankBuilder from here as one big 31 meg file:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php/?FILE=TeamCTF_Complete.zip

or, if you have a wimpy connection, you can grab the whole mod in segments from here:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TCTF/downloads_tanks.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

Once you have it installed, you can pop on to this page, and start building you custom hotrod:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TCTF/tankbuilder.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

WHats so special about this?

Basically, I redesigned the models so that they have interchangable parts. That means that I can take you custom tank and toss it on my TeamCTF server and any player that connects to the TeamCTF game server will be able to see your tank

When you have a good tank design, send the ent file to

tankbuilder_submisssions@boomstickjoes.com

so lets start rockin!!!!!!!

IP:

Irascible
posted February 17, 2003 04:46 AM            
Impressive.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 17, 2003 06:11 AM            
You dont know the power.... Obi Wan has taught you well...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 17, 2003 11:44 AM            
w00t!

IP:

Paranor
posted February 17, 2003 01:14 PM            
he is no longer the young padewon.

come to think of it - I can't mod for nuttin so I'm not even a padewon.

IP:

Dreamer
posted February 17, 2003 06:05 PM         
Take this concept to the extreme - tanks composed of virtual lego bricks...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 18, 2003 11:49 PM            
Forgot to post the link to the TeamCTF docs:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TCTF/into_index.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

THe TankBuilder docs will be here as well when they're done.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 18, 2003 11:51 PM            
I added CyberCannon's 'Revenge Heavy tank' today on the TeamCTF server. enjoy!

other new tanks:

AlterEgo Heavy Tank
SlapHappy Heavy Tank
Whopper Heavy Tank

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 19, 2003 01:55 AM            
Are we going to be able to get the ents from other's tanks?

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 19, 2003 09:43 AM            
WHen I have about 10 to 12, I'll build a pack for them.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2003 10:22 AM            
Thank you all for the kind words

And now for an update:

Error messages have been improved. If the Class/Turret or Turret/Weapon combinations are incorrect, allowed combinations are listed in the error popup.

IP:

Karldar
posted February 20, 2003 02:26 PM            
Word! Awesome tanks, KiLlEr!

One small problem, tho-can't seem to get on the server. I downloaded the CTF/tank builder all-in-one file, but I musta messed somethin' up. I get the "MAP LOADED" screen and some text messages at the bottom of the screen, but I gets no map and when I escape to the in-game menu I have to stop the game. It won't let me return to my game(that I can't play, anyway). Also, I have to synch up about 140-150 ents for some reason. Got the TeamCTF server pack, tank builder prog, and Rush flag pack. Batch file seems to work fine. I am at a loss....

TIA-can't wait to try it out.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2003 04:39 PM            
I changed some of the performance settings on the PeeCee. I'll have a look see when I get home.

The 140-150 ents sync because the sever is running a simplified version of the mod pack. My cable connection is pretty quick, but not fast enough for the demands of the full version of TeamCTF when more than 4 people are on. And this game is designed for 3-6 players per team. ( 6 to 12 players ). With the simplified version (a.k.a TeamCTF_Lite) I can get 6 to 10 people on with some lag (but its still playable). At least theoretically I can get 10 people on. We never had that many players on yet with the lite version installed. We've typically been getting 6-7 players for the TeamCTF Challenge event lately.

Try grabbing the updated teamctf_lite pack, that should get rid of all the ent syncing. I'll attend to the performance problem when I get home. I Think I know what is causing it, I was experimenting with the cpu loading between background services (i.e. network services) and programs. I have it set to background services at the moment.

If I can catch you on ICQ tonight (8pm EST), maybe I can isolate the problem.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 20, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2003 11:21 PM            
Okay, I did some more adjusting. Have a go at the TeamCTF server and let me know if its better. THX!

IP:

Karldar
posted February 21, 2003 09:33 AM            
Thanx! I'm gonna try it out in a bit....

IP:

Karldar
posted February 21, 2003 01:48 PM            
Seems to work fine now.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 21, 2003 09:15 PM            
the smell of possibilities is so strong that i can taste the air!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 21, 2003 11:47 PM            
Man, that must have been some really strong Mexican food you ate, if you can taste it in the air!!!

eeewwww!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 22, 2003 12:27 AM            
actually, i recycled that. one time my sister had her friend over and they each took half a box of those Certs intense breath mints and stuffed them in ther mouths! and when i inhaled the air actually DID taste minty!

IP: