|
Author Topic:   Thanks to Paranor for putting up the B-Day server!
Irascible
posted February 15, 2003 09:32 PM            
I would have bumped that ridiculous welcome to Par thread. But... no.

On a related note: When's the next ranked DDM? Max has been getting uppity.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted February 15, 2003 09:42 PM            
Thanks Par.

As a note, I didn't get any screenshots. I thought I did, but I had specified the anim dir to a no longer existing dir...oops.

IP:

Hammer
posted February 15, 2003 09:44 PM            
Yeah Tanks Paranor!

I had a great time. Almost forgot what a great game this is. I'll try and show up more often to get a good butt kickin.
I got a few screenshots but no one was organized, just a group of tanks on the hill.

Here

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited February 15, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 15, 2003 09:52 PM            
I had a great time. A HUGE THANK YOU Par, and to the McNally family who showed up, too
We really appreciate the game.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 15, 2003 11:05 PM            
Thank you all!

It was an impressive site to see all of you fighting it out. I was there for a while and then Philippe took over for a while.

I took one screen shot of the line up on the hill and I plan to post it in the news.

Many thanks Paranor!

Jim

IP:

Paranor
posted February 15, 2003 11:56 PM            
<blushes> all shucks!

I have a bunch by doing the F12 thingy and I also have almost 90 minutes of tape. It went out at 1024x768 to a digital camcorder but I offer no guarantees. Will be about 2-3 months before a movie as I am moving.

IP:

posted February 16, 2003 02:28 AM            
yes...thanks Par for all that you have done...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 16, 2003 05:29 AM            
Fantastic work Par 30+ ppl on the server and my ping stayed bang on 400 all the way through - there was at most times a 4 second delay in firing, but thats to be expected with so many ppl on, and depite nuking my own rump, a minor niggle.

I only stayed for 3 games (1hr 30) was beat.. sry bout that - had a fantastic time, cant wait to see the screenies.

TM should be that busy all the time imho... not just for special occasion.

Good to see so many names there too - saw JL, hammer, glommund and weatherman among others ! - DOG & BWL had a particularly good turnout, tho only me cem and coax arrived from DNX - wonder where Ni and Grind were - KA would have been in the 5am area cos hes in Korea so no big surprise there, but im surprised more didnt show.

Still - great games all thank you.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐMF Fοrums Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Paranor
posted February 16, 2003 08:48 AM            
we'll see who is on today. I'll try to make it.

Is the 4 second delay to due to the game? What is the most the engine can handle? It's a P4 1.4GHZ with 512MB RAM. LDA - any clue?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 16, 2003 11:33 AM            
I guess a lot depends on the servers pipeline, the netrate and the on-map-ents.... i dont think there is such a thing as a MAXED OUT server, i recon its more dependent on what ents are being asked to flow through a set bandwidth which would be unique to that 'a' particular server.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐMF Fοrums Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted February 16, 2003 11:49 AM            
Anyone have any screenshots from when everyone was on the hill? I'd like to stick one on my website

IP:

corpse
posted February 16, 2003 11:56 AM            
yep read up 8 posts (look up )

IP:

Random Chaos
posted February 16, 2003 12:22 PM            
I saw that - there are under 10 tanks in that pic. There were at least 25 tanks on the server at pic time

IP:

Rex R
posted February 16, 2003 12:44 PM            
near as I can find/recall a server can handle up to 32 players at any one time. though I wouldn't want to try that on a stock map

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 16, 2003 06:43 PM            
Hey guys sorry Grind an me didn't turn up but I ended up going through to edinburgh for a couple of days *organised int he last few*! Had a great time and hope you guys had a great time on the server!

IP:

synack
posted February 16, 2003 07:19 PM         
Hey! Well show up in the next 45 minutes, why don't you? We're on again at 8pm EST.

And bring your shrubbery!

IP:

Teulk
posted February 16, 2003 07:41 PM            
Which server??

IP:

Paranor
posted February 17, 2003 12:51 AM            
nice to see you again Hammer! And Weatherman.

Too bad Super didn't play. Anyone want to check to see where he is at? Mr. I play TM every night? sheesh.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited February 17, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 17, 2003 06:51 AM            
Played last nite for an hor while it was still fairly hot! Wasimpressed by it's stability and the non-deformation is definitely a must for future events! helped my conneciton a lot.. i even hit 300 ping on a server with about 13-14 people! nice

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 20, 2003 07:52 PM            
I MISSED IT!!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! friday feb. 14 was my sister's birthday and on saturday she had seven, thats right seven! friends sleep over! in genuine fear for my life, i bailed out and crashed at a friends house. we woke up at 2 pm (a good 8 hours of sleep ) and i completely forgot about it all sunday! oh man! i was really looking forward to that! why cant that many people get together on a regular basis?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 20, 2003 08:09 PM            
hmm... from the looks of that pic hammer cleaned up with the swarmers right after with that many tanks around, you cant miss!

IP:

coaxs
posted February 20, 2003 09:33 PM            
One day girls won't scare you.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 21, 2003 08:51 PM            
hey, i may be a lot bigger, but there were a lot more of them. they threatened to tie me up, then tie me into a chair, then give me a total makeover! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THEY... WERE... GOING... TO... CURL... MY... HAIR!!!!

almost as bad, they are all sixth graders! here in miami at least, the sixth grade reputation goes something like this:

-High pitched, annoying, squeaky voices
-talk at speeds aproaching the sound barrier
-(off caffine) unbelievably hyper-active
-(on caffine, which they always are thanks -to the soda companies [damn them]) the hyper-activity is something thike this: "God almighty!!! Take the torture away!!!"
-run around the room at 60+ miles per hour
-rediculously immature about everything (gotta watch it with this one, i know a few people who could still fill out this point pretty well )
-bite people

IP: