|
Author Topic:   Par I blame you for the bad time…just kidding
posted February 02, 2003 08:47 PM            
But it was dreadful. There were 11 players on the LDA server on the River map. Most weapon points were rutted. I only landed on a weapon ½ of the time. Spawn fragging could have been rampant if people were not overly kind and not fragging the spawn.

It was so bad that tanks would just fight with their 120mm cannon because you could not get a weapon.

ARGGGG!

Now Par…why wasn’t the DDM up?

And Ras…yes…it sucked!

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 09:59 PM            
sounds like my heavily modded single player games... the bazooka has a tendancy to carve 20'x20'x20' holes out of the ground. after 15 minutes you fall to the water table on every spawn, which means you fall into a 12'x12'x75' hole. very frustrating

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited February 02, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 10:00 PM            
can someone tell me how to change the depth of the craters so it isnt so bad?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 02, 2003 10:12 PM            
Thats largely dependent on 2 things scrap - the gravity settings, and the crater settings within the weapons ent file. Each weapon does different damage see.

IP:

Paranor
posted February 02, 2003 11:18 PM            
geez - I get back into TM and my family goes to heck.

I was home sick Friday so I never got in to re-image the PC for a DDM. That's after my son was sick all week since Tuesday.

My throat was so swollen I could feel that dangling thing in the back of your throat on my tongue. GROSS.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited February 02, 2003).]

IP:

posted February 03, 2003 01:07 AM            
Sorry Par for being sick....

But...I remember one time I spawned and all the nearby weapon points were taken...I had to run around evading everyone else till a weapon point open up...and I had to that several time...ARGH.

Hey...Par...I hope you, the wife and kids get better...and thanks for hosting the DDM's

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Rex R
posted February 03, 2003 01:50 AM            
scrap;
in the projectile ents these parameters control craters;
crater = 3
#meter radius of crater
depth = 1
#meter depth of crater
and to answer the next Q. yes you can go negative on the depth

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 03, 2003 03:13 AM            
Par, do you know what that little dangly thing is called?
it's a.
Uvula (u-view-la). No kidding. That is what it really is called. You'll get bonus points from your doctor for knowing that word

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 03, 2003 05:37 PM            
i think its pretty obvious that you can have negative depth. after all, how else would the dirtball work?

YAY! i'll get a lolipop next time with my bonus points!

hmm... my earlier statement makes no sense. a weapon that makes 20' holes makes a 12' deep crater by the end of the game

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited February 04, 2003).]

IP:

Paranor
posted February 03, 2003 11:30 PM            
thanks for the info sue. somehow I think I'll mis-say it for the other word that sounds like it. lol

IP: