This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Team CTF Challenge #8
Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 02, 2003 03:26 PM            
Time to open that scheduling device called a calendar. Mark FEBRUARY 28th as the day for the next Team CTF challenge. Time: 5 pm Pacific, 8 pm Eastern, 1 am GMT on the 1st of March.
YOU MUST HAVE THE TEAM CTF DOWNLOAD FROM www.boomstickjoes.com.
Post if you think you will attend. It is a blast and for once I would like to be on a team that beats the pants off of KiLlEr

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 04:32 PM            
i will try to be there.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 02, 2003 05:43 PM            
My buddy Eric will be there as well. He FINALLY got broadband.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 10, 2003 05:41 PM            
BUMP

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 18, 2003 11:45 PM            
Bumpity bump bump

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 19, 2003 09:41 AM            
Some problems came up with the timing of the event.

Everyone okay with making it 11:30 PM EST instead of 8pm EST?

IP:

glomund
posted February 19, 2003 10:41 AM            
i will definiately try to be there

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 19, 2003 10:19 PM            
The TeamCTF Lite server pack has been updated. Use this if you have a slow network connection. Grab t here:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TCTF/downloads_ServerPacks.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 20, 2003 01:11 PM            
Roger that - 2330 Eastern time, 2030 Pacific, 0430 the next day GMT (I bet we won't get many players from that part of the world ) works just dandy for me.

IP:

posted February 20, 2003 03:08 PM            
Killer...you may need to reconsider the event for a different day if it needs to be schedule so late. The lateness of the event eliminates lots of players.

Give it some thought.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2003 04:54 PM            
I always start by asking people what the best day is and then schedule the game. Anytime someone has an issue with it, I always ask the others first, then update the schedule. It's impossible for me to try to guess who can/can't make it, and so I put the question forth, again:

Does anyone have a problem with the timing of the event?

The schedualing is flexible. Speak up and let your voices be heard.

Majority rules folks

There are very few people playing TM, and even fewer still of those interested in CTF. Let alone TeamCTF, a quick trip through the event archive of TeamCTF Challenge and you'll see. Not a whole lot of players, just the same familiar faces . This of course is not a bad thing. There is so few that actually take part we can democratically decide on a time and date. I undertand the situation, and I will be as flexible as possible. If you can't make it, say so. If I have 1 person that can't make the previous time, 6 people can't make the new time, and there are no other options. Then I will not change the schedule. If 6 people can't make the original time, 1 person can't make the new time, and there are no other options, then the schedule will change.

I can do no better than this.

< I soooooooo need spell check :/ >

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 20, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 21, 2003 12:29 AM            
David told me I could say this - He's an idiot sometimes. He didn't read the whole thing and find that Cyber asked for the time change. He's fine with the change.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 21, 2003 09:42 AM            
LOL! not his fault. Being that this thread spans 2 forums, its not easy to keep up!

IP:

Karldar
posted February 21, 2003 01:50 PM            
Me wanna play! Now that I can get on the server, I need to demonstrate my pitiful skilz . Cya there! (It is still on, right?)

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 21, 2003 05:50 PM            
It's on...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 21, 2003 09:27 PM            
11:30 is pretty late, but since its a saturday i can probably make it if i dont forget. only problem is my parents wont like it because they always drag me out of bed at a time that just isnt normal for the weekend and we all go to church on sundays. if the tame stays the same, its a gamble, they may show up suddenly and force me to sign off without warning.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 22, 2003 11:58 AM            
Scrap, this is on a friday night. Unless you go to a church that meets on saturday they shouldn't be trying to wake you up for church the next morning. If it had been saturday the timing wouldn't have been a problem, I still would have had training but I would have gotten out two hours before the game.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 22, 2003 01:33 PM            
Are you sure? according to the integrated windows calandar march 1st falls on a saturday

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 22, 2003 01:35 PM            
oops, i was looking at the date for GMT. well, i'm up till minimum 2 on friday

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 22, 2003 08:54 PM            
That's OK scrap, we understand that you are still young and haven't neccesarily learned to read the whole thing.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 22, 2003 11:40 PM            
If you want to try something NEW give the teamCTF a try. The rules are different from many other CTF's so take a gander at his documentation. All the tanks are new and the weapons are new too. There is no camping in team CTF - the spawn points will boot you off if you stay there too long and you can now build your own tank!! Be adventurous, live a little and TRY IT!!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 23, 2003 04:56 PM            
i did read it all the first time, but when i checked back again so that i could figure out what date it was, the first date that i saw was march 1st

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 26, 2003 09:25 AM            
Mid-wek reminder

IP:

glomund
posted February 26, 2003 10:27 AM            
ah, yes i will try to be there

IP:

CyberCannon
posted February 26, 2003 12:08 PM            
Me too, especially since ya'll went to the trouble of rescheduling this for me (that really wasn't neccessary, but thanks).

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2