This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Dinochrome Server
VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 12:25 PM            
Hi,

I have tweaked Dinochrome a bit, no shadow, no wasps, no Airstrike, no Cruise missiles.
Extra ammo.

Please try and advise.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

posted January 31, 2003 03:12 PM            
Sure...will give it a swing tonite...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 03:58 PM            
I will too, but I have work on my new house and evenings are difficult.

Electrician hosed my CAT5 so I'm doing them myself.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
-

IP:

posted January 31, 2003 04:20 PM            
Dude...I see in your profile you are into the 4 C's...Computers, eh computers, cars, eh computers...no wonder you're doing the cat 5 yourself. Susan and I had cat 5 put into our new house and currently running 6 computers...now...if I could only find space for a 7th one...LOL...don't tell Sue...

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 31, 2003 04:47 PM            
Sue would never look here to find out if yer were adding another comp. Nope. No way...

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 04:51 PM            
In order to maintain my marriage, one of the few things more important to me than computers; note this is for my apartment, the house is pre move in.
Convert Closet, which was patch panel location anyway, with small wire shelving unit. bottom rack stores up to four, midtower servers (only three at present, retired Domino server which was also ColdFusion/IIS beta machine.) Second rack stores old Brother HL-630 printer, new SBS2000 system and 1400VA UPS. Third shelf hosts two KVM, one four port, one two port with both PS/2 and AT connectors. ZTronix Scorpious big track ball mouse. Top shelf holds USR Courier external modem, 15" LCD monitor (biggest that would fit behind the hanger pole) and a 16port Linksys switch. Upper shelves that are built in house smaller UPS (peripherals like monitor, modems, switch), spare HDD, Power Supplies, FDD, NIC's, etc.,
Because of the fact that at any given time, the closet supports up to eight servers, I ran a dedicate circuit with isolated oversized (#10 AWG Solid) neutral. I also installed a Nutone QuieTTest LS50 exhaust fan. The fan runs on its own circuit and cylcles the air in the closet into the crawl approximately 1.5 times a minute.
Now, this closet is in the living room and the best part of it from a residential standpoint? Nobody knows because I have standardized on ANTEC power supplies and the Nutone fan is 'Ultra-Quiet'.
Now do you know where to put the seventh computer?

PS., had to put FullTower on the floor in front and to the right of the rack. Won't fit, but I fixe when move.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
- http://www.vordesigns.com

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited January 31, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited January 31, 2003).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 04:56 PM            
And another thing; you always need one more CAT5 location than you have.
Switches, add one somewhere, it should be a problem for communications even with a cheap (Linksys) unit and domain controllers.
Also, if you are using Win2K or XP, consider hard coding the connection type to whatever the switch can handle.
If you can afford a real (managed) switch, hard code each switch port so that it always know what it's connected to. This will speed up connections and reduce broadcasts.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
-

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 05:09 PM            
Sorry it's 182k, but http://www.vordesigns.com/DSC00178.JPG

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 31, 2003 05:47 PM            
Get a small board and put it on top of the comp on the floor on the right. Stack yer 7th comp on top of that. Install RealVNC to control it...

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 05:57 PM            
Bam,

That's my closet not 6's; I'm doing fine, got room for two more on the bottom.
I'll be moving the full tower when I move.

Trying to keep the 6/1 rule, six for me and one for my wife. That's just the server closet.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
-

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 31, 2003 06:31 PM            
Heehee...

Just tried out yer server... Dang!!! You don't have to worry about running out of ammo anytime soon, eh? Especially with the Avenger...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 31, 2003 06:56 PM            
why do you people run so many computers? cant you run more than one serveroff each computer?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 31, 2003 09:55 PM            
7th one, IF we get one (personally I would move the 6th one there) would be downstairs, in the family room area, behind the sofa somewhere. Already wired for the network there and I have often wished I had access to one down there
But 666, I didn't learn of it here

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 31, 2003 10:12 PM            
Have you thought of going wireless for downstairs? Just make sure you have WEP enabled and take all the required precautions for going wireless...

IP:

posted January 31, 2003 11:53 PM            
OH MAN...
quote:
extra ammo

I'll say...800 on gernades, 800 on swammers, and get this 11000 on avenger...LOL...this what you get when you just pick up the weapon.

But this is all very cool to practice sniping. In Brimstone I sat up on the map border plateau and snipe everything...LOL...very cool.

But I need to know what are all the maps that you are running. Some of them are not stock. So Vor if you would list them...I get them.

Or better yet...is there a server pack for your maps????

See you sniping....

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 31, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 31, 2003).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 01, 2003 12:42 AM            
Current maps
DediMap0 = "Hell Crossing"
DediMap1 = "Desert Divas"
DediMap2 = "DM Pit Bull"
DediMap3 = "Headland"
DediMap4 = "Cup and Saucer"
DediMap5 = "Pinnacle"
DediMap6 = "DM the Steppes"
DediMap7 = "DM Caldera"
DediMap8 = "Brimstone"
DediMap9 = "DM Black Mesa"
DediMap10 = "Not The Goat"
DediMap11 = "Roundup"
DediMap12 = "Banks"
You can pull what you need from here http://domino.ssgnet.com/VDL/TM.nsf

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
-

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 01, 2003 12:43 AM            
Scrap,

Look at my user information and you'll know what I do for a living.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted February 01, 2003 01:45 AM            
quote:
Have you thought of going wireless for downstairs? Just make sure you have WEP enabled and take all the required precautions for going wireless...

Hadn't really thought of that as:
1) I hear wireless is slower and not so good for gaming
2) we have it wired already with Cat 5
3) I know diddly squat about wireless

downstairs = ground floor, too, for this house. It's not a basement, that is one more level down.

IP:

posted February 01, 2003 05:25 AM            
And you have one mod weapon too...it is fun with out it...you should stick with the stock weapons...

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 01, 2003 10:58 AM            
Actually there are two mods on the server:

The vulcan can which makes an ai a DeathDealer and the Conan tank which makes use of the double turret for a double barrelled (sp) shot just like the tank carries.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 01, 2003 11:10 AM            
OK,

I toned it down a little bit, but it should still provide good game play.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 01, 2003 11:59 AM            
yeah i discoverd the conan tank when it fraged me with a double cannon blast and quickly switched to it as it is one of my favorite tanks

IP:

VorDesigns
posted February 01, 2003 12:13 PM            
SOAP BOX: Uh, Conan, double turret? Uh, double round. Uh, Conan big, uh shells same same as single 120mm x2. Twice punch/kick. Cons, shoot quick, run out soon.
Uh, Draconian, double turret? Uh, double round. Uh, Draconian sleek, fast, use shells 100mm vs 120mm, x2; code name Drago, skin Xaan. Never submitted to group. Looksee cool cool, blue black yellow Xaan skin.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 01, 2003 12:24 PM            
NOOOOOOO!!!! TOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAR! u shortened the life on the machine gun by 800 rounds???? i liked everything the way it was... except for the dirtball, take that from 100 down to 20 so i dont have to deathwish myself everytime i get it

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 01, 2003 12:26 PM            
with so much ammo you can truely hose your enemies. its a different, more relaxed style of playing. and it forces you to make do with what u get instead of wasting it

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3