|
Author Topic:   Spotted the rare TM CD
Robo Jaws
posted January 30, 2003 07:13 AM            
I spotted 10 copies of the UK version of TM
in my local GAME computer store in the barging section
priced at 4.99 UK pounds Each or 3 titles for 10 UK pound.

so if any one want on let me know.

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

corpse
posted January 30, 2003 12:38 PM            
i'm looking for 1.0 ver they got it
if so how much in US $

[This message has been edited by corpse (edited January 30, 2003).]

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted January 30, 2003 04:49 PM            
Sory I've got 1.55 on CD

------------------

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted January 30, 2003 04:49 PM            
Sorry I've got the 1.55 ver on CD

------------------

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited January 30, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 30, 2003 06:33 PM            
Give a little ring over to GA#1's way. . he did a mod to make v1.55 run like v1.0 .. I would be pretty sure he would share it with you.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 30, 2003 07:44 PM            
why would you want it to run like 1.0?

4.99???????? WHAT IS THAT, $6.00 US?!?!?! TM IS WORTH WAY MORE THAN THAT! MOST GAMES RETAIL HERE FOR $40.00! CONSOLE GAMES $50.00!

i think LDA should give TM an overhaul. bring the graphics up to the industry standard (moving treads!), it could probably pass for new except for the 2D trees... make the AI a little better, add more customizable features, add a map editor it dosnt look that complicated. breathe new life into the game and get someone to publish it. it wouldnt take much advertising to get word of mouth going (how expensive are store displays?) if the game can get its foot in the door i think it could take off. only risk is that i have noticed that a lot of the new games are basic Killer genere, not First Person Shooter, that involves some strategy, skill, and objectives. Killer is my name for the new genere of games (ex splinter cell) where the basic point is neak up, grab the guard around the throat, drag him into the shadows, and pump a bullet into his head with a silenced pistol

IP:

synack
posted January 30, 2003 08:26 PM         
How lovely and fragrant, the spring flowers.
How impossible to not laugh at the kittens' mock-fighting.

scrap, you scare me. lol

IP:

coaxs
posted January 30, 2003 08:50 PM            
Youthful rage I suppose.

Scrap all those things are being done or already have been done, patience young padawan.

Get ICQ and I'll enlighten you.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted January 30, 2003 09:27 PM            
I sure wish someone would enlighten me...or am I too old to be a Jedi?

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 30, 2003 09:59 PM            
Oh treadmarks II right? wont people be a little confused if the second version suddenly appears on the shelves and they never heard of the first?

IP:

Rex R
posted January 31, 2003 01:50 AM            
no more confused than when 'star wars ep iv' came out in '77 or doom 2 hit the shelves (or for that matter any of the 'special edition games' that have earlier verisions included)

IP:

VorDesigns
posted January 31, 2003 10:44 AM            
My brother is still waiting for the PS2 version so that he too may enjoin they way to enlightenment.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 31, 2003 06:31 PM            
from what i have heard, Star Wars Episode IV was origionally entitled Star Wars. they changed the title later.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 31, 2003 11:45 PM            
Coaxs, I have a simple mod I made that undid the gameplay changes (autoguidance..etc). I also have the TM 1.01 Demo, hehe, its only 20 megs!! Boy that thing used to be small So if you want contact me on ICQ and I can put it on FTP for you.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 02, 2003 12:20 AM            
quote:
from what i have heard, Star Wars Episode IV was origionally entitled Star Wars. they changed the title later.

Essentially correct, although the beginning titles (otherwise known as the star wars scroller (not readable in pan and scan lol))DO say " A NEW HOPE " they didnt start using that as a main title till Ep 1 to 3 were planned, and special edition box sets started to appear.

Lucas intended to only tell the middle of the story since it was so darn huge ! (episodes 4/5/6) -

Now that ep3 goes into filming mid 2003, supershadow makes out that most of the the original ep4 actors have re-signed to film the last 3 episodes where luke joins the dark side, marrys mara jade, fights the black sun empire and the crimson guard and eventually reinstigates the jedi training academy... the future looks bright

And yes, theres more involvement from biggs and wedge - Oh Han and Leia get married n have kids too lol .. too many spoilers - sry lol....

Fans huh - who could live without em lol...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 12:44 AM            
there are no episodes 7,8, and 9, George Lucas never wrote them. it was a rumor and something a lot of people just assume for some reason

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

"The end of the world will occur on October twenty-eighth of the year two-" "SHUT UP! I told you not to talk to the parrot."

[This message has been edited by TheShopkeeper'sParrot.]

[This message has been edited by TheShopkeeper.]

IP:

coaxs
posted February 02, 2003 05:37 AM            
Poor Scrap he is so young.

Scrap if you made over a hundred million per movie, would you stop making movies? I think not.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 10:20 AM            
thats what i said, but george lucas has said in multiple interviews that he has no intention of making episodes 7, 8, and 9.

IP:

coaxs
posted February 02, 2003 02:24 PM            
Scrap if you made over a hundred million per movie, would you stop making movies? I think not.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 02, 2003 02:53 PM            
Scrap he never ntended to make 1,2 and 3 originally. Then 4 and 5 mae quite a large sum of money. At which point he decided to write 1,2 and 3 during the filming of 6.

Did you'all not notice that Episode #1 and Episode #4 were frightingly similar? (Hmm large round ominous vessle destroyed by a photon torpedon into the main reactor? Forshadowing my a**). Not something that really would be classified as a preceeding plot line. LOL. Do you really believe he already had the scripts written? (well, technically he did. It was called 'Star Wars: a new hope'. LOL)

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 02, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted February 02, 2003 04:06 PM            
if you really think about it the srories really arent that great. but somehow they always manage to make them really cool!

IP: