This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   A new question of community
Sailor
Administrator
posted January 27, 2003 06:50 PM            
As most everyone knows we were going to let mr.Big back in the BB on the 1st of February. From very recent posts it appears that even before this was to happen that he has yet again gone into a tyraid on the LDA server using foul language and throwing out racist remarks. Now comes a question if we should permanently ban him from the forum even before he has a chance to return and possibly do the same here?
This is a question for all to respond to and make their views known. We need to determine the answer to this question before this Saturday (his return date). Please make your thoughts known now. Thanks the Admins.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 27, 2003 07:15 PM            
ban him from this BB and LDA server. The rest of the servers are up to the admins.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 27, 2003 07:19 PM            
i wasnt there and dont know what happened. arent all messages in games recorded somewhere? give us a link so we know what happened.

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 27, 2003 08:18 PM            
Sorry Scrap, but I left before he started in and since it was on the LDA server only LDA can extract the log information. Suffice it to say others that were there have posted some information in the thread called Capn crunch.
Look here

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 27, 2003).]

IP:

synack
posted January 27, 2003 08:38 PM         
Ban him. Boot him. Block him. Forever.

Use extreme prejudice.

I was there and can testify.

Worthless piece of festering humanity.

The worst.

[jeez ... I like kittens and spring mornings and why does this idiot make my blood boil?]

IP:

Irascible
posted January 27, 2003 09:33 PM            

IP:

coaxs
posted January 27, 2003 09:44 PM            
I'm all for a permanent ban.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted January 27, 2003 10:24 PM            
here kitty kitty....

here kitty kitty...

here synack synack synack....

oh wait, I can't synack as one of my SQL SERVER IS HOSED WITH SLAPPER! )$@*)$*! VENDOR MANAGED MORONS!

here guido guido guido.....

IP:

ARAGON
posted January 27, 2003 10:39 PM            
Thats what you get Par, for working with inferior software.....

I am for banning. What about the other server operators?

[This message has been edited by ARAGON (edited January 27, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 27, 2003 10:40 PM            
from what i can tell, if i had been there i would be running the risk of getting MYSELF banned wil the language that i would be using to insult guido and get him permanently banned. but, i still stand by what i said before. someone who is racist wouldnt have the honor or whatever u want to call it to stay out of a place where he is not wanted. he would make a new name and we would make a game out of figuring out who he is.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 28, 2003 12:37 AM            
how many times do we have to go through this you dolt?

1) M$ products sux
2) Novell products rule.
3) As/400 products are stable but over priced and require an IQ of 3 to operate. Which is amazing that you even qualify. Must have interviewed you on a good day.

next!

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 28, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 28, 2003 02:29 AM            
I *think* one gets booted from a server based on name OR IP number. People like Matrix or Par could better answer this one, as I don't understand the nuances of IP numbers.
As I didn't hear/see the exchange, it is hard for me to come to a decision outright. That said, if it were just ME, I would be more lenient. My kids, however, do play on the servers and the LDA server in particular. I do not want them to have to be subjected to such language and insults. They do not have it in them to have the judgement to just leave, or not respond. They just don't have the maturity. If someone who has been reasonable in the past (Synack and Bonzo Dog) feel that his (Guido's/mrBIG's) behaviour is not worthly of being on a public server, than I support that decision.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 28, 2003 04:10 AM            
Yes Sue...

If you are the Server operator and you can get to the server screen, all you have to do is type in:

/kick Player's name
Press return and "Poof!!" Player gone!

Hmmm...the banlist.txt file doesn't seem to work. Any ideas how this is supposed to work?

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited January 28, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 28, 2003 04:11 AM            
Fergot to mention that you should find the banlist.txt file in yer TM root, right there besides the config.cfg and dedicated.cfg files...

IP:

ping of death
posted January 28, 2003 09:53 AM         
Hey this reminds me, from time to time I see "player removed from game". What's going on there?

IP:

Paranor
posted January 28, 2003 10:12 AM            
maybe they became hung and the server booted them off?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 28, 2003 03:53 PM            
I was not there nor have I heard what was said. That said however, I will stand by any descision that is made. Racist remark are not something that I would tolerate at all well. Remarks of that ilk are, in my opinion, an affront to everyone and shouldn't be allowed around children if at all possible.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Vlad
posted January 28, 2003 05:23 PM            
So mrBig is actually Guido after all, eh?

I was all for banning Guido back when he first showed up, then back when he showed up again as himself and Marmalizer, and I'm all for banning him again now, just on principle.

IP:

synack
posted January 28, 2003 05:41 PM         
[insert cartoon noise of character doing double-take]

He was Marm, too? Whew ... I must have slept through that revelation.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 28, 2003 06:57 PM            
"player AI-(name) removed from game" appears when someone joins a server and the computer removes an AI.

i could end up in warm water as far as profanity goes. i know that i have lost it in the past and probably will loose it again in the future on the servers. now i pretty much have it under control, i just go ^%@#$^#@& all the time, even when im not angry at my modem, it saves time too!

(sometimes i wonder, why are "bad" words "bad"? i mean, they're only "bad" because we make them that way arent they?)

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited January 28, 2003).]

IP:

synack
posted January 28, 2003 08:22 PM         
search the bbs, scrap.
this subject has been discussed ad nauseum.
don't think we want to drag it up again just yet.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 28, 2003 08:44 PM            
what subject dont we want to bring up again?

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 28, 2003 08:49 PM            
LOL synack MMEEP MEEP THPTHPTHUP

yeah uhm ban him?

its guido need i say more??

Affirmative banning codes authorized

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 28, 2003 09:21 PM            
just noticed, why is the other question for the community closed?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 28, 2003 09:36 PM            
My choice Scrap. That subject was at the end of its life and this question - due to actions reported on the LDA server over the weekend - required a new thread to deal with the question. I hope that is alright with everyone, but I did not want to continue with that thread having replies that should be dealt with separately based on new circumstances.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2