|
Author Topic:   It's probe for my new PC
HUT
posted January 24, 2003 12:19 PM            
Hello very nice players behind ocean.

It's probe for my new PC, I arranged play for 28 IA and 2 human tanks, sum 30 real-time on my own LAN. There has not problem in driving of tank, I do not use the stick as a support.
My next step will be, connect with yours servers. But I don't know when, yet.

Best regards HUT.

Translate word:
Połączenie lokalne = local connection
Sieć = web
Szybkość łącza = speed of link

[This message has been edited by HUT (edited January 24, 2003).]

IP:

synack
posted January 24, 2003 05:38 PM         
Thanks for the interesting information, HUT.

Hurry back to the TM servers. We miss fragging you!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 24, 2003 06:02 PM            
Looks good Hut!! Maybe I could interest you in a water cooling kit to bring your CPU temp down a bit...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 24, 2003 08:39 PM            
Water cooling... i hear that's supposed really speed up the Pentium 4s. how expensive is it?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 24, 2003 08:44 PM            
actually, i may not need it. all together, i have 5 fans in my system: one pulling air in at the front bottom, one pushing air out at the back top, another blowing air out of the internal power supply, another on the processor, and a fifth on top of the gfx card

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 24, 2003 09:47 PM            
Water cooling will cost you most in money but it will make up for the lack of noise that it brings...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 24, 2003 10:05 PM            
i already know its expensive, but how expensive?

i really dont care about the noise, it dosnt bother me. i hear that it really makes a big difference in performance though

if i pull out all five fans and put in a water cooling system (is that possible?), will it use more or less power (my dad is always on my back about how i leave on my computer and "just run up the electric bill". he dosnt seem to get that computers dont use up that much power, it was the air conditioner that he was too cheap to fix that was reving up to pull air in though the dirty radiator type grate thing (wow, saying that makes me feel like an idiot)) you see, in his perfect world, i would turn on the computer every time i wanted to use it for 2 minutes, then shut it down, then five minutes later, i would come back and boot it up again, use it for another five minutes, then turn it off... doing that probably takes more power than leaving it on cause the HD is spinning up to load the system

BTW, i have never even heard of a PC probe, whats the point of it?

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited January 24, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 24, 2003 10:57 PM            
Low end on water cooling will run you about $100.

Average price to get yer rig in water cooling would be about $250.

High end with peltiers can easily go over $400...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 25, 2003 12:02 AM            
and now we're getting close to the price of a low-end PC whats a peltier?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 25, 2003 12:19 AM            
It's like an electronic fridge but small enough to freeze yer CPU with...

IP:

Irascible
posted January 25, 2003 04:58 AM            
Temp seems normal for a loaded Athlon system Bam, if that's what he has. And you are so right about water cooling. I've got the Innovatek water cooling setup with an Antec power supply that controls the case fans. You can't even hear the thing running most of the time. Noise bothers me in my old age.

And Scrap,
As one who repairs HVAC systems all day long, or dirty radiator type grate things, I must say you are right.

IP:

HUT
posted January 25, 2003 07:58 AM            
Hello.
You are right, this is the right suggestion, I know three a ways, but I have got guarantee two years upon it, I can't touch it, yet. I’m ill over it… :;

Best wishes HUT

IP:

Karldar
posted January 25, 2003 10:10 AM            
I know what you mean, Hut . Makes me ill, too, but I always end up "touching" mine anyways--warranty be damned!

IP: