This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   A Problem...
KONG
posted January 22, 2003 09:14 PM            
I cannot make it on the date that is proposed for the birthday bash. Can we change the date?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 22, 2003 09:32 PM            
Is there a date that you might want to suggest that you can make it?

How about on the Saturday (15 February)? Just wondering...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 22, 2003 09:50 PM            
i'm all for a saturday, no chance of being stuck out with homework then

(we're going to need to lock in a date soon so people can start clearing calanders)

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited January 22, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted January 22, 2003 10:36 PM            
15th would be good

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 22, 2003 11:32 PM            
It's only the day after Valentine's day. So if you doggies don't ferget to get yer significant other something special, you'd have an excuse to frag all day long...

IP:

posted January 23, 2003 12:21 AM            
Scrap...do homework Friday afternoon when you get home...Just Do it!

IP:

coaxs
posted January 23, 2003 01:03 AM            
"Just Say No"

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 23, 2003 01:10 AM            
I have no problem with the 15th, but if we are going to change the date we better make sure the word gets around.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted January 23, 2003 02:13 AM            
People took a poll and the 16th won. Any Saturday was never consider. And the DDM's have always been on a Sunday. So...I don't think they are going to change. Sorry about that Kong. Is there something you need help with that would make it possible to come in the 16th?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 23, 2003 05:31 AM            
I have no problem with the 15th, except I HAVE TO WORK THAT DAY. I arranged to have the 16th off, instead. Kong, I will flip you for it. I call tails

IP:

KONG
posted January 23, 2003 08:34 AM            
Well I didn't expect any consideration and thats what I got.

Yeah thanks guys

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 23, 2003 08:36 AM            
I too can make the 15th - bit l8 for changes tho... isnt it supposed to be a full days event in any case ?

Ive already emailed and threadded and IM'd the 16th to everyone. This is changeable but better make the mind up quick cos ppl will be making arrangements to be there.... on the 16th - and you know how ppl hate to be messed around. Not to mention the folks that dont get the new info book a day off to be there and find they missed it..

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 23, 2003 11:01 AM            
Kong, so sorry you don't feel considered. I DID. I *think* the 16th was chosen because of 1) the proximity to Seumas's birthday, 2) the availability of the server operator, and 3) the "tradition" of having DDM events on Sunday. It would be nice to have you there at the event.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted January 23, 2003 11:17 AM            
I cannot make it on the 15th or 16th but the 17th or 18th would be good if you don`t mind. Thank you so much.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 23, 2003 04:07 PM            
How about we make this a 2 day event? Think yer fingers can handle it? Start stocking up yer food/drink supply now so you'll have enough when the days roll around...

IP:

posted January 23, 2003 04:18 PM            
this is what we do...everyone who is running a server...shut it down for the 15th and 16th. This should only leave the LDA and Par's server up...thus forcing everyone to play on either. That should solve the problem.

edit: listed incorrect server
------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 23, 2003).]

IP:

synack
posted January 23, 2003 06:35 PM         
No solution will please everyone. It won't.

A poll was taken, and results were overwhelmingly for the 16th.

"The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one"

I suggested right from the beginning that the McNally's wishes should take precedence. I've not seen a post that they expressed a particular preference for the date. Par, you communicated with Jim. Any preference from the family?

If not, I say on with the 16th.

IP:

posted January 23, 2003 07:41 PM            
I know that...but if everyone did shut down their server for those two days... it would be even cooler...still have the DDM at 8 PM EST, on Sunday....but think about it 2 day of TM...and all nite...I know I will be wasted that weekend...

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted January 23, 2003 08:41 PM            
There would have been no problem if it was left at the day when it was originally planned. WE did have a whole year to work around that day? That was the day I left open for it. Now you guys changed it and not everyone can adjust to that day. Why was it changed again? So now I must miss it after having planned and arranging my schedule to be there.

thanks guys

IP:

posted January 24, 2003 01:37 AM            
No...I am serious...let's shutdown all the servers forcing people to play on LDA or Par's...it just for one weekend...Let's do it!

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 24, 2003 01:01 PM            
I say yea!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 25, 2003 08:19 AM            
As per usual, Treadmarks events have been thrown into a pit of disarray! Could we all please please PLEASE decide on ONE day first and foremost, or people'll be turning up at random times, seeing there's maybe only 1 or 2 people on the server and logging off!

15th or 16th people?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 25, 2003 06:28 PM            
Start on the 15th and end on the 16th... Picture can be on the day with the most people...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 26, 2003 12:37 PM            
schedule pics every 4 hours or so. just make sure everyone knows when the pics are so everyone can make it to one of them. maybe a few could be patched together...

IP:

coaxs
posted January 26, 2003 06:23 PM            
I think the fairest compromise would be a picture at 7pm est on the 15th and another picture at 7pm est on the 16th. And both pictures used for the official records.

Although, in the future a date needs to be picked a year in advanced and not moved around.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2