|
Author Topic:   HHEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scrap Metal
posted January 17, 2003 11:17 PM            
I CANT JOIN THE TEAM CTF SERVER. ER, I CAN BUT WHEN I GET ON IT ACTS IDENTICAL TO WHEN I TRY TO PLAY WITH 20,000 PING, ONLY THIS TIME I DONT! MY PING IS TOTALLY NORMAL! AND WHEN I TRY TO JOIN I SYNC 300 ENTS, I ALREADY HAVE THE SERVER PACK

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 18, 2003 12:44 AM            
Scrap, I don't know what to tell you. I saw you in the games. I saw your tank at least and saw your typing.
Basic stuff (though I am sure you did this)
1) get the COMPLETE team CTF download (zipped) from www.boomstickjoes.com
2) unzip to your TM root folder
3) run the bat file (if you are running newer versions of windows). The bat file will rename your addons folder, rename team CTF to addons, launch the TM.exe file and then rename everything back again when you are done.
4) if the bat file doesn't work for you (it doesn't work for me with Win 98) then rename your folders manually (name addons to addonsregular - or something like that- and rename your teamCTF folder to addons. Then run the TM.exe file.
Simple. You will see a whole new selection of tanks and new weapons. The games are played a bit differently than standard ctf, so READ THE DOCUMENTATION

IP:

KiLlEr
posted January 18, 2003 12:45 AM            
The server has a cut down version of the client pack. I needed to do this for modem players. I dunno what happened to ya there, but I could read all of your messages and I saw you on the battlefield.

Don't tell me you have AOL, do you?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 18, 2003 12:36 PM            
yes, its sad, i have AOL

i couldnt even see my own messages

i couldnt move

my tanks model was merged with several other player's tanks, and a few towers

i made a separate install for the TeamCTF and it works fine in single player.

there were missiles flying towards me, but they always stopped and just floated there like 2 inches away from my tank. it was like the matrix

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 18, 2003 06:33 PM            
Time to switch to Juno... I would use it but I have this DSL connection instead. Road Runner should be here in 4 days to install my cable connection to replace my DSL connection and for $6 cheaper/month!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 19, 2003 01:10 AM            
how much do you pay for cable?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 19, 2003 01:33 AM            
cool!! Hm, Scrap if Juno hasn't changed you can get *FREE* INTERNET access from them, w00t! They usually only check to see if you've um *descretely* removed the ad banner about once every 1-2 years. (Sadly thats why I lost my old Juno account, but hey its worth it while it lasts, they got decent speed )

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 19, 2003 01:40 AM            
Scrap,

I'll be paying about $45/month for cable but right now RR is offering 1/2 price/month for the first 3 months then it's regular price after that. No contract or installation fees. I'll find out in 2 days or so. Check your local RR distributor for details..

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted January 19, 2003 04:32 AM            
Unfortunately, Juno doesn't have a free service anymore. I use Juno now. Their partner, Netzero has a free service but with limited local access numbers and a grotesque banner bar that has to stay open and unminimized for the service to run. I don't know if TM would work with it.
[BWL] mELONcRACKER

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 19, 2003 04:52 AM            
Hate to disagree with you Melon...

Juno still does have a free accounts. You are only limited to 10hrs per month just like NetZero and only at "non-peak" times. You are also limited to only a few (10 or so?) free accounts per address that you sign up with. You will also get a "banner" that has to stay on top while you are connected. I'll have to find the program that will minimize any banner to any size you specify...

I've had my Juno account (paid) since they first started and used to play the TM demo with it on dialup. You can still give Juno a try if you want. They're one of the free accounts left in this crazy internet world...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited January 19, 2003).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 19, 2003 07:43 PM            
Bah, I did it without a program, I completely eliminated the banner I have no clue how though, I Was just tweaking around and suddenly it disappeared for good Bah, it used to be completely free...... I made off with so much free download time hehehehe There not to smart with the ad banners.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 19, 2003 08:20 PM            
You see my young warrior...Juno caught on to that and made some changes to 4.0 and now 5.0. You can't do that anymore. If you have the old 3.0 client it should still work...

IP: