|
Author Topic:   had my first multiplayer game tonight...
ouch
posted January 14, 2003 03:06 AM         
I must say it was really fun. there are some really good players out there.

the only complaint is the lack of servers that use weapon mods. there are some rather cool mods out there that I would like to play multiplayer games with. but I am limited to playing with them on my lan when some friends come over. (it gets quite chaotic, more so with 40 or more ai tanks to boot )

but since no one is online at the moment I'll have to play with 99 AI tanks by myself. Ah, the power of a 2.53ghz processor and a radeon card

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 14, 2003 03:23 AM            
If you have AIM (BamZipPow) or ICQ (see my profile), you can always buzz me for a game. I should be able to get my server up and running once I get my cable access installed in about a week or so.

BTW, welcome to the forums and the game! Keep on Fraggin'!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 14, 2003 06:53 AM            
Try the DMF Anarchy server Ouch... All mod maps and mostly mod weapons.

Become a member at www.dmfboards.filetap.com - ill set you up for access and point you at the file. Its a 13 meg download, and you will need winzip and winace to install it. Theres about 70 megs worth f files in there (uncompressed).

Or try the armageddon Server - thet has modded weapons gallore !

IP:

posted January 14, 2003 12:26 PM            
Welcome to the Boards Ouch...and I do apologize for typing you name so often. When I get hit by a cruise or fragged quickly I always type "ouch". I will have to think of something else to type. Again...welcome to the TM community.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 14, 2003 12:33 PM            
Welcome Ouch, I'm sorry I missed your inaugural MP games. If you like Mods do check out the DMF server, as it happens that is where I was, or at least that is where I was after Killer was through with me.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Paranor
posted January 14, 2003 01:25 PM            
there were some good players? but I wasn't playing - you must have been dreaming that you were playing.

MUHAHAHAHA!

Hi! As matrix said - try out the DMF Anarchy stuff - nice maps and modded weapons.

BTW - anyone clue you in on the sunday night at 8:00 pm "EST" DDM? As many people show up to do various type of matches. Some weeks are modded maps, some are clan battles, some are modded weapons, STORM.

BTW - did you know there is a STORM add-on? You like modded weapons? Try this - it's awesome! It's based on cars - like the General Lee or a Ford Windstar, etc.

Go to the dmf site to get the file (see matrix's post).

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 14, 2003).]

IP:

ouch
posted January 15, 2003 12:02 AM         
well thanks for the welcome guys. I signed up at the www.dmfboards.filetap.com boards, just waiting further instructions

I have checked out the armaggeddon server but I don't like a couple weapons used on it. (particularly the great wall of china weapon)

and yes I read about the birthday bash and I'll try to be there. but work might get in the way. I generally work nights (when no one is on of course) but I had two days off so I tried to wake up early enough to play a few TM games online.

also when do the stats at boomstick joes get updated? it says I've been playing 6 mins. I have to have played longer than that. I've read some other peoples stats there and I must say some you have way to much free time on your hands

well I must be off I'm going to swing by the servers for a bit before I go offline though.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2003 01:23 AM            
Your all authorised on the DMF Forums Ouch, you now have access to our own DMF Mail & IM System as well as our FTP Service, insite browser, Downloads area, and other dedicated forums and facilities.

You will find the link to the server pack in the top GENERAL forum where loads of great topics and chin-wag's are currently going on

Please complete your Profile as soon as you sign in.

Thanks.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 15, 2003 02:20 AM            
Too much time? Not enough time to play TM!! That's the way...uh-huh, uh-huh...that's the way I like it!!!

There shouldn't be a great wall of china weap on the Armageddon server...at least as long as I've been playing on it. Is there, Killer? Maybe yer hiding it somewhere and didn't want me to find it...hmmm.

you might have to wait a bit after you disconnect from a game if it's not ending. I believe Killer set it up to update every 5 or 6 minutes. If you go back and check you'll see yer updated stats...trust me. I check them whenever I can to see how "badly" I've done for the past few games.

Now if some of you chickens want to show up for the next Fragfest on Saturday...Bring It On!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 15, 2003 02:21 AM            
BTW...it was good to see you on the server. Hope I didn't smack you around too much...

IP:

glomund
posted January 16, 2003 07:10 AM            
ahhhh, ouch..... i was one of those with whom you were fragging. that was fun, and i thought you were new, but i had been gone for a while so i didn't know just how new.

welcome, and remember to always keep moving

IP: