This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   01/12/03 DDM Results
Paranor
posted January 13, 2003 07:37 PM            
I still took screen shots even though it wasn't ranked.

Notice how horrible Aragon did? Geez - how embarassing bro.

BTW: Who is FREAKOUT?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 13, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by coax (edited January 13, 2003).]

IP:

posted January 13, 2003 07:53 PM            
ignore me...

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 13, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 13, 2003 09:59 PM            
Hmm game 2 - Ni beats Ras ..... game 3 - no sign of Ras LMAO !

Winner with 400 ping - GO NI !

IP:

Irascible
posted January 13, 2003 11:05 PM            
So have you decided to break our LDA BB silence oh easily amused one? If so I can entertain you with so many other delightful things that I've missed. For it's not just DDMs that I've missed:

-There was the dentist appointment I missed when I was 8. Mother laughed hysterically as she wrote the check for the missed appointment fee.
-There was the Forty Niner football game (no, not soccer) I missed when that one team beat the other in over time or not - a heartbreak missing that one (Go team!).
-Oh, and as a tribute to your occasional predilection for lewd imagery, there was my fearful yet humorous voyage into a fiberless wasteland. It was a collegiate dispertation on constipational law... a comedic quest for prunes. That's right. You guessed it. The always hilarious missed bowel movement.

If you need any further entertainment, I'm here all week. :P

IP:

posted January 14, 2003 01:45 AM            
too funny in the 1st pic...it looks like the nuke is headed for par...too funny

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 14, 2003 12:08 PM            
quote:
Winner with 400 ping - GO NI !

ty ty ty *bows to tossed roses*

IP:

posted January 14, 2003 12:30 PM            
Yes Ni..congrats on the win...and the games should have been ranked...we were told that they would be ranked...and that is a good question...Par, why was it changed from a ranked game. And if it was because of the shadow...who cares...other games have had controversal problems and still it was ranked.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 14, 2003 01:31 PM            
No game with a CE has been ranked in years. And please don't start nagging on me or I'll go back into hibernation.

Coax, did you re-do the post to load the pics within the message?

IP:

coaxs
posted January 14, 2003 01:44 PM            
yup

IP:

Paranor
posted January 14, 2003 01:46 PM            
I was thinking from the point of it would be beneficial for the dial-up users.

IP:

Irascible
posted January 14, 2003 07:38 PM            
So are we trying the ranked thing again this Sunday?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 14, 2003 08:27 PM            
what do you mean by CE. i probably know what your talking about, just not the abbreviation

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 14, 2003 09:09 PM            
I could be wrong but I think they are talking about the Chaotic Evil weapon, better known as the shadow.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 14, 2003 11:53 PM            
i just call it the Shadow Keeper, after all, thats it's name

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2003 01:42 AM            
I believe you broke the scilence Ras after coming to the DMF gameserver and dishing out some harassmant to 666 under alias, and with sue on the server too, sometimes i wonder if ur as bad as the guido thing.

Like i said at the time.. stop being so bloody obvious, youre the only person here who talks like he swallowed a dictionary and who absolutely has to have the last word.

As a small note, DMF server now has chat logging, a profanity check, stat logging & banning facilities, you already got banned on DMF Forums, keep pushing. Dosnt matter if we try or not, we have conflicting personalities, thats never going to change, so please do me the honour of ignoring me as i shall continue to do you - and please stay the heck away from my server, you're plain n simple not wanted on it.

Sorry for bring the tone of the thread down folks, please continue.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited January 15, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted January 15, 2003 04:00 AM            
A little clarification Matey:

666 was on my team. Not once, but twice he was dishing out "friendly fire" with significant damage. I was relatively nice the first time - not so nice the second time. In retrospect I know it wasn't on purpose (or think anyway... the first time was pretty blatant ), but it happened nevertheless. He acknowledged it with a "sry" (or something to that effect) and we moved on. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your image of me as a trouble maker.

To the real topic at hand: There have been way too many occasions where I have dealt with you in ways that do not fit my own professed beliefs. For that I apoligize. But for you to type the words "keep pushing" as though you're on some moral high ground is ironic to say the least. Especially in light of our recent chat on your game server. I attempted to be friendly, or at least cordial, and responded to your harsh tone with attempts at humor - though I admit my form of sarcastic humor isn't appreciated by all. Still, you had nothing but spite to give in return. That's not a personality conflict. That's a grudge. If and when you are ready to lose the grudge then we can once again speak reasonably. I will in fact speak reasonably with you even if you choose not to in return. My prior agreement to not talk with you was founded in anger. That was the best way to deal with it at that time. But at this point it's silly.

That whole event caused me to do considerable introspection. As I said, I did not handle it according to my own beliefs. I've resolved to not let that happen again. As such, we WON'T ever have such a feud again, even if we do start talking again. I'm sure I'll irritate you again - that's a given. But whenever I see that it's escalating I'm going to end it before it goes too far - with you or anyone else... even if that means letting you have the last word (I know you're laughing right now, but it's true). In fact, the evidence of that resolve was right here. You should have seen the sarcasm in my non-edited reply (I thought it was pretty good actually )... but I thought better of it REAL quick and took it out less than a minute after it was up. It was the sort of thing that would have ticked you off further.

Here's to hoping for an at least civil relationship... though I can't promise I'm going to spit out that dictionary stuck in my gut. It just tastes way too good.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited January 15, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted January 15, 2003 04:36 AM            
Literati

games.yahoo.com been trying to buff up my own verbal skills with that game.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2003 05:29 AM            
My edits are generally typo corrections i spot afterwards. Im very open with my views, sometimes that can be a good thing, more often than not it isnt.

I view my posts now as opinionless and try to stick to fact. Im sick of having my words shoved up my rectum so its better i dont type them in the 1st place.

I took part in the guido post because eventually that will affect DMF. Me and you dont get on, we never will do, wether you call that a grudge or conflicting personalities is upto you, but it is a fact.

You spouted off at 666 after it was me that shot you, he was over the ridge so maybe he shot too i dont know, all i do know is i didnt like what i saw you write, and was quite offended by it, that coupled with the teasing, use of alias and refusal to tell ppl who you were led me to my conclusions. the fact that sue was also in the game didnt help matters. I know id be pretty embarrassed if my other half was in the game while some1 was at me too.

The eventual nub of all this is that we will never get along no matter what the situation. I suggest that we close this book and not cross each others paths again. If you must play in or out of alias alias and on my server, please be considerate to the players around you - taunting them with reckless comments did not, and does not help.

If taking me out in a game is to be your single goal in tm, then ill happily stand in front of you, whatever gives you the most satisfaction, im just there to play the game.

Please let that be the final word between us. Im sure I, you and the rest of the populated world have much more important things to do than read this meaningless drivel, and point the finger on who said what to who and why.

As you said, its a silly thing to pursue, so lets leave it at that please.

IP:

posted January 15, 2003 11:24 AM            
YO...everyone be calm. Thanks for standing up for me Matrix...but if I goof...I am the one that needs the berating. Matrix...I deserved what Ras dished out because I was not being careful. Silly me. As for the game that I pegged Ras twice...well...I was not taking the game very serious. And Ras always does. Just two different mind sets in the same game. Frankly, I had forgotten all about it, which should tell you that I was not upset about it in the least bit.

I am truly sorry that this has lead to the both of you getting upset.

Mind you, there in nothing anyone can say to me that would make me upset.

For example, when Jon was young, he would shout at me that he hates me. This went on for about a year and a half. Then through my patience of explaining to him what the word hate means he stopped saying it. Now he says, “I don’t like you.” LOL No he has stopped all harassment of me and he is now allowed out of the locked closet….er…I take back the last statement. Darn…we don’t have any locks on our closet…but you get what I mean. It is not worth the energy to be upset.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 15, 2003 02:31 PM            
My point exactly 666, not worth the energy, im not upset in any way, it may read that way but text is a cold instrument. My personal choice to not want contact with some1 seems such a simple request, especially as it always ends in an argument, all the more reason to respect that decision.

I appreciate you comming clean on the double hits though, i wasnt aware, mainly cos i was pummeling him with the distructo disc at the same time perhaps, but what did upset me is the fact that it was not an isolated incident.

If having respect for other players on a server is a tough thing to do for some1, they shouldnt be on that server. You can guarentee the server host wont want them on it either. Over the last 3 days ras has been on in games that have included me I have found his attitude to be unsavoury. He asked me the other day - "no sense of humour matrix ?" - well yes actually, i do , i have a very good sense of humour, just not the same kind of humour i guess; what makes one man laugh makes another man grimace. I dont think that being nasty to ppl online is particularly funny. But thats just how i see things.

We dont see eye to eye on anything at all, its better to accept that and move on rather than try and force it to get better. I made that decision already and am happy with it - im not annoyed at all and i dont feel any worse a person for it.

Im sorry if thats in any way upsetting to some ppl, but thats just the way it is !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 15, 2003 06:21 PM            
if i ever frag a teammate i apologize in advance for it. 85% chance that it was my accursed lag. lag is very good at causing bullets to fly from the muzzle of my gun at a 45-90 degree angle as my 56k modem struggles to keep up. sometimes i will frag an enemy, then turn and frag the ally that was helping without realizing that it was an ally until about 2 seconds too late.

sarcasm can be a very funny form of humor. however, it is impossible to convey tone, gestures, etc. in text. this makes it easy to misunderstand.

someone mentioned something about profanity. please "pardon my French" on the servers. having my playng style cramped by lag is infuriating to me, especially when you cant see the projectiles

wow this is alot of long posts!

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 15, 2003 06:22 PM            
by the way, you use the print screen button to take screenshots right?

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 15, 2003 10:22 PM            
quote:
if i ever frag a teammate i apologize in advance for it

Hehehe, how do you do that Scrap Metal? You just start every game apologizing

IP:

Irascible
posted January 15, 2003 10:37 PM            
Your desire to avoid communication is fine Matrix. But you have to actually do so both directly and indirectly. You can't expect to, on a somewhat regular basis, impune or mock me in subtle ways and not expect to get a response. Your comment about "avoiding my name like the language of Mordor"... the conclusions you draw about the pics above... and other minor infractions that escape me at the moment - they're all forms of communication. They bascially say, "Ras is an ass." OK. Everyone has been made aware. And yes, there are VERY minor in and of themselves. But coming from you and with their cumulative effect, the intent is clear. I can not be blamed for taking it as such.

Even after 666 cleared up the above incident for you, you continue on your campaign. You've played with me for the past three days and found me to be unsavory? LOL man! You have in fact played with me very little. And the ONLY thing that could be reasonably thought to be unsavory was the 666 incident - which you didn't fully understand at the time. But instead of leaving it at that you describe me as a continuing problem. What am I suppose to do with such misperceptions? If I answer them if full then you'd accuse me of wanting the last word... yak, yak, yak. But if I say nothing then some may perceive that as admission to your charges.

IF you truly want an end to communications, then you must not communicate about me at all in places where I can respond. Because as soon as you reference me even indirectly, it's invariably a negative comment. That's your right. Knock yourself out. But don't fly off the handle when I respond with a funny for some and grimmace inducing for others sarcastic retort. And get over my vocabulary! Sheesh man, a dictionary doesn't cost that much. LOL!

IP:

Irascible
posted January 15, 2003 11:12 PM            
BTW, the "silly" thing I was referring to was the angry silence. NOT the attempts to pursue reconciliation. That's always a worthy pursuit. But wait... you're not angry. So it's just silence. But wait... you haven't been silent. So it's just... hmm... it's just nothing. LOL!

And just to be clear, I never expected to be chums or for us to even like each other. But we do agree on occasion. You're response to Sailor's question about Guido was a text book Ras response (except for the imagery, of course). I know you feel sullied right now and can't wash off the icky feeling no matter how hard you try... but it's true. LOL! Anywho, there's no reason why we can't be civil. Well actually, there is one reason. So silence it is.

Shhhh.... hear that?

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited January 15, 2003).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2