|
Author Topic:   TM Options!
-DNX-Ni
posted January 13, 2003 01:50 PM            
What configuration on the TM options do you use? Eg Treadmarks on/off, Terrain tris, etc

Am really trying to find the best setup for my 1.7G celeron, Intel(r)82845G/Gl chip! I know rixy messed around with mine but I wasn't too keen on some of them an mucked them around. It can run TM at 60fps average with default settings but...any recommendations?

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 13, 2003 03:17 PM            
i run mine at the max. i have a 1.5 Ghz pentium 4, but the ideal settings depend on your graphics card, not your processor, (although if your processor is weak, i think it will limit your performance. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link) i use an ATI Radeon 9700 pro

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 13, 2003 03:30 PM            
I change my settings around depending on what/where I am playing. For a DDM I turn off all the extras. No treadmarks, no fog, distance is minimal (don't remember the setting off the top of my head). Camera follows the terrain for me,not the tank ( but I really don't like either setting all the time).
If I am playing on a regular server without 20 people on it, then I max the distance for good sniping and add the treads if I remember to.
OMG, I just played with the settings and it makes sooo much difference.
I had:
bit depth 16
Mode: full screen
Test res: 128
trilinear: no
horizon fog: no
dust: 25
terraine tris: 3000
meshes: low
detail text: no
view dist: 750m
treadmarks: no

I just changed it to:
bit depth 16
Mode: full screen
Test res: 256
trilinear: yes
horizon fog: yes
dust: 25
terraine tris: 3000
meshes: high
detail text: yes
view dist: 750m
treadmarks: no
total texels to dl to drive 436705. and the game looks soooo much better. I can read the new fonts now

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 13, 2003 06:02 PM            
using fog improves performance. the concept of fog was origionally created to cut off your sight range so the game runs smoother. most games have an option to move the fog closer or farther.

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 13, 2003 07:29 PM            
I have everything maxed (except res - I think it's 1200x960? somewhere like that) on a PIII 1.1Ghz. Your video card is the key - I couldn't do that with my GF2. Now I have Ti 4200.

EDIT: 1.1Ghz - not 1.3

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 13, 2003).]

IP:

KingTiger
posted January 13, 2003 08:00 PM            
I have a 2.0 Ghz but to prvent lag i have all my settings on low except for color depth. I have a 64 mb FX card but its just that my ISP is screwd up. they say u have a 750k dsl and its more like a 100k

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 13, 2003 09:23 PM            
thats right, i dont have the resolution maxed either cause i have a peice of crap monitor on my awsome computer. if i put it above 1024x768 it goes out of the monitor's range

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 13, 2003 09:42 PM            
I run mine with 800x600, 16 bit, 500m view and tris at 6000 with horison fog on. Ive found thats a good average for my map designs which can also take into account stock maps designs. Since im used to fog and short viewing distances in bz, the 500m doesnt bother me and i quite like it.

Sry for not resetting your settings Ni, as i recall we were all a bit tired n fruit-looped lol..... i set them up to acurately run the bz mod on your system for your best beta testing experience.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 14, 2003 12:00 PM            
Not a prob, Matrix! Have just been fiddling around to get the best effects!

IP:

A2597
posted January 14, 2003 12:57 PM            
max everything + full anti-aliasation + 512x512 terrain textures stolen from UT2003 and 1024x1024 skyboxes rendered in terragen.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP: