|
Author Topic:   HELP!!!!!!!!
-DNX-Ni
posted January 12, 2003 06:43 PM            
ok I've been told that someone has a problem. They reinstalled their voodoo3 card after uninstalling a bad Radeon one...! now what's happened is a message has appearer!

"Could not initialize acceptable Open GL rendering context error message"!

Any help b4 the ddm 2nite? and anything other than wickedgl.com or glsetup.com cos they dont' seem to be helping!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 12, 2003 06:45 PM            
quote:
now with the GLSetup, I get a "newdev.dll" not found

a new development in screwedupness

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 12, 2003 06:59 PM            
i lot of people have that message, i got it on my old comp, and never fixed it...

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 12, 2003 08:29 PM            
Its a resources issue - remove tm (save the addons folder of course)

Rip out anything from reboot that could take up the cards resources and blank the desktop picture - try it without addons first, if that works, put addons back in - boom....done.

Failing that try the MiniGL driver.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 12, 2003 11:19 PM            
really? untill now whenever someone reported that error my reply was a generic "your screwed"

IP:

posted January 13, 2003 12:09 AM            
thanks Matrix and Ni for helping Susan. I feel guilty, here I was playing on my fast computer and she was playing son's slow one. Will you forgive me Hon. XOXOX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 13, 2003 03:30 AM            
Yep, It was me having those problems. I give a HUGE thank you to Matrix for helping me solve the problem.
It wasn't a simple fix, believe me!!
Want to know what happened?
I installed a new video card (an ATI Radeon allinwonder 7500, and yes, I know thier drivers are crap).
Took a bit, as I used the wrong drivers in the first place (yes I rest the resolution to the minimum and used the default VGA drivers, removed the old drivers and installed the new drivers with reboots inbetween) First time I opened a box, so I was glad for the experience. Finally got the driver situation settled (used the CD for Jon's Radeon 8500 card by accident first time through). Got the settings reset and voila; TM won't run.
Uninstalled TM 1.5. Installed 1.5 to 1.59 patch (did good). Installed 1.59 to 1.6 patch and the install got hung up. Uninstalled what I had installed and started over. Reinstalled TM 1.5. Installed the 1.5 to 1.6 patch which worked great for me, despite the troubles I heard about doing it this way. Great, TM works!! Used the vid card for about an hour. The screen started blacking out, with no power to the monitor for about 10-15 seconds every 5 minutes or so, with an utterly distorted screen. Uninstalled the vid card. Installed it on David's machine. Tested it there and found the same problems. Whew, it wasn't my machine!! David, unbeknownst to be, reinstalls his card (remembering to uninstall the drivers, change to default VGA drivers and rebooting all the time). I didn't know he changed out the card (I went to have breakfast and wasn't feeling well as I had a bad headache) so I change it out AGAIN, back to the bad card. Find out what I did and changed it back for the third time. Went to install my old Voodoo 3 card. By now I have the procedure down pat. Get the drivers installed, got the wicked GL drivers (great site: Reactor Critical, by the way) and *thought* I was on my way. OH NO!TM won't open. Got the dreaded "open GL rendering context error". Thinking it might help, I uninstall TM again and try a fresh install. No help there!! I message a few people for help (Thank you so much Ni and BZP for your help. I really appreciate it). Matrix got a message, too, but wasn't available until after the DDM. I used Ben's computer with a 15 inch monitor and a sticky keyboard. I did okay at the DDM for having a computer that wasn't MINE!
Once done with the DDM, Matrix gets back to me. Bless his heart. He let me know that Sound Blaster 16 sound cards interfer with the Voodoo 3 vid cards. Who would have known!!. I started fresh for the umpteenth time. Uninstalled the drivers for both cards. Opened the box and removed the sound card for a bit. Reinstalled the Voodoo 3. Added the drivers. Added wicked GL (rebooting all the while). Finally readded the Sound Blaster and I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK!!
To top it all off, my headache got better too (though drugs helped).
Matrix, Thank you so much for your help. I would never have known what to do (well maybe Harmless would have helped me, but he had already gotten several calls about the mix up in drivers). I owe you a dinner if you ever come to California.
And Yes, David, I forgive you. To tell you the truth, I didn't have to listen to your shouting and your kibbitzing

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited January 13, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 13, 2003 03:34 AM            
Glad to help sue... anytime.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 13, 2003 03:11 PM            
I never would have thought. . you have the patience of a saint

IP: