|
Author Topic:   Dm - Race - Ctf & Domination Modes
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 12, 2003 04:38 AM            
Domination ??? WTF is that !!!

Ok, the premise is a simple one, since we cant "create" new modes we have to be resonably inventive.

So, with that in mind, i created a Domination Mode.

The idea is that it enhanced gameplay by adding an element of power away from healths and other "saviours" of your "life" - Meanwhile the rest if us fight unconvincingly in the main area. When one of the teams gets the itch they stray and go for the superweapon hoping for extra score - everyones watching them leave and pursue - a mad armageddon ensues for control of the "sweet spot".

The Dominating team defend the spot till they run outa ammo and life while everyone else (under file of course) tried to knock them off the "sweet spot" using all the weapons at their disposal from the main area.

The idea is get as high a score as possible while encouraging teamwork in a DM situation.

These "sweet spots" are hidden to a certain degree, once found they are easy to remember and as soon as everyone figures out whats going on - the spot invariably becomes one massive hole just nice n ripe for that nuke to hit

For the team holding the spot it represents a nice score, for the ppl after it, it represents a team kill

See there is method in my madness

These spots can be a respawning nuke, a cruise or superammo - use them as u will and have fun with it - I didnt go overboard, just 3 maps in the 22 available on the new DMF server ... and no, im not telling u which ones

Some ppl already dont like this new mode, that maybe because its new ! seems logical if they dont know whats going on.

So what strategy will ppl come up with i wonder...... send ppl off to collect weapons, soop them up and bring them back... send out 1 assassin to go behind the attacking team n pick em off from behind ? Who knows - one things for sure - when mayhem breaks loose you wont know what hit you

Ill give it a month or so for ppl to try it out then decide it i water it down, keep it or get rid entirely based on ppls likes n dislikes so feedback is appreciated.

Thx guys

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐMF Fοrums Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited January 12, 2003).]

IP:

corpse
posted January 12, 2003 01:11 PM            
so in 15 words or less WTF r u telling us
LOL

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 12, 2003 06:06 PM            
hm?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 12, 2003 08:20 PM            
quote:
so in 15 words or less WTF r u telling us

- I created a mode to encourage teamplay in a DDM situation with enhanced gameplay involved.

IP:

corpse
posted January 13, 2003 08:14 AM            
thank you

IP:

posted January 13, 2003 03:55 PM            
So...when do we get to try it out?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 13, 2003 09:37 PM            
The maps are already up and in rotation, when ppl locate the "sweet spots" they will no doubt want to take advantage - its too much to resist - when the skies are full of missiles and tanks are exploding left right n centre you'll know ur on a domination map - and your about to be dominated - but can you stop them and bring your score upto speed and beat theres before you die yourself lol - only time will tell

2 teams are setup and running on the server already - lets see if ppl are upto the challenge now

IP: