This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM - 01/12/03
Paranor
posted January 10, 2003 12:15 PM            
Official start time is 8:00 pm EST.

We are using the CLAN DDM maps. Get them here: http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/tm-clan-maps/aa-tm-clan-maps-index.html

Yes, get them all as I will have the server up all weekend running all of the maps.

Apparantly it will be ranked which means RAS will show up. hehe

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 10, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 10, 2003 01:03 PM            
THANK YOU Par.

IP:

posted January 10, 2003 01:43 PM            
See you there Ras.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 10, 2003 01:58 PM            
If some of ya'll come online a few hours early I can join you but I will have to miss the actual event.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 10, 2003 06:13 PM         
I'll be there , and I think Popeye and Coaxs may make an appearance , not sure about Superunknown ??? And Corpse ?? who cares about a dead guy hehe

------------------
When Cryptography is Outlawed ........... bayl bhgynif jvyy unircevinpl ...... hehe !

IP:

Paranor
posted January 11, 2003 05:05 PM            
BUMP

BTW - anyone test it yet?

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 11, 2003 05:52 PM         
I asked the same question on another thread and was told to not worry about it , " What me worry ?? "

------------------
When Cryptography is Outlawed ........... bayl bhgynif jvyy unircevinpl ...... hehe !

[This message has been edited by mr.BIG (edited January 12, 2003).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 11, 2003 08:08 PM            
BWL Rex R and I were on it today and played a couple. Seemed okay at the time.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 11, 2003 08:21 PM         
I still say to have it ranked is a wonderful idea , and I commend those who backed it .

------------------

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 11, 2003 08:37 PM         
And as i alway's do i'll stick my neck out and say all this modding is wonderful , a bit strange on the weapons though .

------------------

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 11, 2003 08:44 PM         
Sounds like a real hoot .

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 12, 2003 01:13 AM            
you know, the game was intended to be modified from the start

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 12, 2003 04:06 AM            
Yup...shore was!

IP:

Irascible
posted January 12, 2003 04:42 AM            
quote:
U aholes keep it up... yak, yak, yak...
So how much of this crap are we going to put up with before the man-child's current screen name gets banned? He's dug up old arguments as if they were new. He constantly starts new arguments. He started a thread on why we're all worthless. Now he has the nerve to berate modders!

While I appreciate his efforts to keep me from being the most hated TMer (LOL!), it's getting absurd. Besides, that will give him the opportunity to create a new facade. We could make a game of it. The first one to figure him out the next time gets placed on a new ladder. We can start retroactively and place Coax as the winner of the first ever DDM-C: Discover that Damn Man-Child.

Fun.

IP:

Irascible
posted January 12, 2003 05:17 AM            
And Guido,

There are three sure things in life: death, taxes and your continued status as the biggest low-life I've had the displeasure of knowing on this board.

Guido the white supremacist pig eulogizing Seumas McNally?!?! Contemptibly pathetic. And for you to pretend to know his intent for the game?!?! Insulting as hell. I don't know his intent. But I do know that any man would love for his work to have longevity. Mods do exactly that - they give new life and interest to an otherwise old release.

You'll no doubt retort with some irrelevant bluster. Knock yourself out. I'm not going to engage in a flame war. I don't need to. You condemn yourself quite adequately without my help.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 12, 2003 10:19 AM            
Anyone want to email me mr.small's ip address and I'll add him to the banip file on the DDM servers and everyone else unless he stops being an arse. geez.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 12, 2003 02:05 PM         
Sniff!!!
Nice to hear from you Ras , nice to see you around again
I knew no one could keep you down for long

------------------

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 12, 2003 03:04 PM            
Par it is perfectly within your right to ban any IP you wish since it is your server. You require no authorization from anyone other than yourself, but if you are asking if others think it should be done then my answer would probably have to be yes.

I think he has stepped over the limit of decency towards others and the Admins will be looking at current sentiment as well as his history on the BB and determining if he should again be banned so any input from others will be welcome.

I think we know where you and Irascible stand. Let others have their say also.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted January 12, 2003 07:35 PM            
Par! You left shadows in!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 12, 2003 09:05 PM            
well aside from the shadows (honest mistake after all par is out of practice) the clan maps worked very well (IMO)

IP:

Irascible
posted January 12, 2003 09:08 PM            
They worked well for Aku's stated purpose - maybe too well. It seemed like I routinely spawned with no one near by to shoot at.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 12, 2003 09:17 PM            
*in best gibbering Loony Tunes character* I LIIIKE I LIIIIKE!!
i enjoyed those maps! actually noticed the different combat zones now! with peopoel fighting in different parts of the map at about 4-5 at a time! nice damn work!

IP:

ARAGON
posted January 12, 2003 09:45 PM            
two beers, I mean thumbs, up for the maps. I wasn't spawn fragged once! then again, max didn't start until later on....(heh heh).

IP:

posted January 12, 2003 09:57 PM            
Thanks Ni & Aragon...I told Par...just use these maps once and the TM community will never go back to the stock maps. The rutting was even disturbed, very drivable. I did not notice any spawn fragging on purpose. I did not notice any lagging. I always landed on a weapon. The action was moderate. They are just too cool.

Well Ras...yes...there is different tactic for theses maps. In large groups all the stock maps turn into a Caldera, which you are very good at. A different strategy is needed for the clan maps. I find out that you grab a weapon and you shoot on the run and then grab the next weapon. In the beginning you might even just look around for nukes and cruises. And take the time to get gold boxes.

Par…thanks for reducing the Plasma mines. I know that made a difference.

And to all…it was a blast…too much fun.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 13, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 12, 2003 11:24 PM            
CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mr. microscopic went back and edited the posts that were pissin people off so that he might no get banned!!!!! CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2