This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   2nd Annual Seumas McNally Birthday Bash DDM
synack
posted January 08, 2003 05:03 PM         
Time to start the party planning!

Last year's celebration was a hoot! The McNally's joined us, and we had a great DDM in celebration of Seumas' birthday.

Check out last year's thread for the details: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001694.html

When I was a child and my birthday fell on a weekday, we often moved the party forward or back a few days to the nearest weekend in order to allow other guests to join us who might otherwise not be able to make it. Since Seumas' birthday (Feb. 10th) falls on a Monday this year, I'm suggesting we have the party on Sunday, February 9th, if that's ok with the McNally's. Jim??

Time to start suggesting who's hosting, what time, etc. Maybe earlier this year to accommodate our Euro-fraggers? As was the case last year, I think a stock DDM is best in order to allow participation by anyone. But that's just my opinion. Other's welcomed.

For any of the newer players who'd like to learn more about Seumas and why we celebrate his birthday, please take a look here:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/memorial/seumas/

Can't wait for the opening cease-fire for the group picture. Always a situation rife with potential.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited January 08, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 08, 2003 06:05 PM            
Good deal, man! Last year's was prety damn enjoyable, although I don't htink I played in all of it but was thereabouts! Definitely a time for a lot of players and a taster for the big BIG events for the newbies! Let's show what this baby can do at a time of remembrance of the maker.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 08, 2003 10:32 PM            
hey yeah im there, missed it last year , i think cos i was computerless temporarily, bad show

ill be there this time

feb 14th right? or somthing

IP:

BamZipPow
posted January 08, 2003 11:17 PM            
Sounds good...

IP:

synack
posted January 09, 2003 02:26 PM         
Seumas' birthday falls on a Monday this year, February 10th. In order to maximize participation, I'm suggesting we hold the celebration either the Sunday before, the 9th, or perhaps the Sunday after, the 16th. If the McNally's have a preference, that would certainly take precedence.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 09, 2003 06:37 PM            
lookin back at the old thread. 21 nuke salute sounds VERY good, but we'll have to find a way to keep from tearin up the map too much.

hmmm, i have a month... if someone can point me toward a waepon modding tutorial i might just be able to cook up a new weapon that's been brewing in those scary rescesses of my mind i've been telling you about. anyone wanna hear about it? wether or not it would look spectacular for a salute depends on one thing: will TM support explosions in any shape other than spherical? i need to know how to program weapons, create their models, exoplosions, the works. i wanna do this whole thing myself so i can get it to meet my exact specifications.

group pic sounds good, but im gonna be hard pressed to restrain myself i think that clan tags should only be used on clan battles

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 09, 2003 06:49 PM            
i have also been thinking about making a yamato cannon that would be similar to killer's wave motion cannon. it wouldn't tear up the map so much...

------------------

IP:

synack
posted January 09, 2003 06:57 PM         
Appreciate your enthusiasm Scrap, but let's keep this thread to the subject. That is, the DDM to celebrate Seumas' birthday.

Stictly stock (my opinion) so no one gets left out.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited January 09, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 09, 2003 07:42 PM            
i agree, i just want to know if anyone thinks i should put in the effort to learn this and make it look good enough for Seumas' salute. (or if people think i should just leave it alone) if we decided to use it, slap a big message on a few sites and anyone who dosnt hear about it can dl one mod quickly anyway.

are there any plans for a stock-powered or SSO salute?

we need to have 2 snapshots, one group pic and one group frag! 8)

------------------

IP:

Vlad
posted January 09, 2003 07:55 PM            
Hey Scrap, IM me (name: VladThree) sometime and I'll help you out with modding stuff.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 09, 2003 10:14 PM            
cool, might be a while though, history mid term's gonna be a killer. biology may join it for that matter...

------------------

IP:

coaxs
posted January 09, 2003 11:34 PM            
Hehe, I wish I only had to worry about those classes.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted January 10, 2003 12:08 AM            
I'll host!

Scrap Metal - KONG made mods to TM that caused the stock weapons not to cause so much terrain damage. I might need to install that in case we get a large turnout.

I'll even go nag Weatherman. Any other old-timers we can contact?

IP:

Paranor
posted January 10, 2003 12:12 AM            
Wait - February 9th? I can still host but can't play. I'll be coming back from a 24 hour LAN party. Can we do the 16th?

IP:

coaxs
posted January 10, 2003 01:11 AM            
It shouldn't be that hard to turn off craters from the weps. If you can't find the pack, I'll just make it for you.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

harmless
posted January 10, 2003 02:37 AM            
if nobody minds, i would like to see paranor
at the birthday bash. from a TM community
stand point, he has made many selfless contributions
and it would be nice to see him there.
so i would have no problem holding the B-day bash on the 16th, and we should all basically
agree on this soon. so the the 16th is fine with me!!
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 10, 2003 10:18 AM            
Thank you Harmless for the kind words. <pinches your cheek>

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 10, 2003 01:08 PM            
Great Idea Harmless. I can't be there on the second weekend mentioned (that darn thing called work keeps popping up), but my good wishes will be there. 666 and Jon should be there wearing my bells, too

IP:

posted January 10, 2003 01:47 PM            
I second harmless' motion. All in favor, say Yea.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 10, 2003 02:07 PM            
Aye, or technically I guess I should say yea.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 10, 2003 06:08 PM         
So your saying the 16th is OK with the McNally's ??? From what I read I thought they were the deciding factor ???
Anytime is fine with me

------------------
When Cryptography is Outlawed ........... bayl bhgynif jvyy unircevinpl ...... hehe !

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 10, 2003 07:56 PM            
anytime is mostly great with me, except during school or during 11:30-2:30 sunday pacific time

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 10, 2003 11:08 PM            
i should be able to make it whenever it is as long as it isnt like 3am here

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 11, 2003 04:35 AM            
Oh, I forgot, I only have to work every third weekend now. What 15 years does. I can be there!!!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 11, 2003 05:07 PM            
So the 16th is Ok with everyone so far. cool.

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3