|
Author Topic:   Another WinXP problem
posted January 07, 2003 08:38 PM            
Hi Guys! It's been a while since I said hello, and now I've got a problem maybe you-all can help me with. Got a new system for Christmas!! HP P4/2.3ghz, 512mb, 60GB, CDR-W, DVD, Intel 82845G 32mb video card, & WinXP Home Edition. TM...she's a no work!! Error msg recd - "could not initialize acceptable OpenGL rendering context". I went to the OpenGL site, but could not find anything about my specific card. I also went to Intel's site, but again, nothing specific about the card. Any suggestions??

IP:

KONG
posted January 07, 2003 08:52 PM            
Get a new video card and save yourself alot of headaches.

Try to get an Nvidia or a Radeon with at least 64 MB of memory

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 07, 2003 10:05 PM            
All I can tell you is that I have gotten that message MANY a time. It IS a video card driver thing. You should look for updated drivers. I know diddly squat about how drivers work, but I got the Wicked GL driver and that solved all of MY problems. Good luck.

IP:

posted January 07, 2003 10:14 PM            
Thanks guys! I kind of figured thats what it would be. I've got a 64 mb Nvidia tnt2 in my old machine (Win98se), but unfortunately it has to stay with the computer. Back to the store with more $$!!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 07, 2003 10:36 PM            
your screwed. i had that problem with my old computer. never did get it fixed. and i DID update the drivers. it was years before i found out what the main menu looked like, and that was when i bought my new computer.

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 08, 2003 12:44 AM            
It helps if you've solved the problem your given advice on hehehe 8) Shouldn't be *that* hard to get a video card workin

IP: