This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   NEXT DDM - Clan DDM Maps
Paranor
posted January 06, 2003 11:41 PM            
next DDM I host will use these maps. So get 'em!

IP:

coaxs
posted January 07, 2003 01:08 AM            
Lets make it ranked too.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 07, 2003 01:53 AM            
sure, im there

need to send out as link for folk that dont have it tho no?

IP:

Irascible
posted January 07, 2003 03:42 AM            
Ranked?

IP:

coaxs
posted January 07, 2003 04:06 AM            
Sure, its about time.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 07, 2003 04:02 PM            
Rats, and since it is on a sunday night I won't be able to be there.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 06:20 PM         
I don't mind a non-ranked DDM , but can't vote for a ranked one until I've played on the maps against peeps at least one time , I mean if things go awry , not as much moaning if it's non-ranked ,
Lets make sure the bugs (if any) are worked out first

------------------
Yep it's all fun and games .........till someone loses an eye .......then it's just hilarious hehe !

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 06:32 PM         
Ok now bear with me a min. the download for these new maps will be used for the next DDM right ?? But it's not gonna be a clan vs. clan DDM right ?? I think i got that correct .
Now why can't Paranor select say 4 maps to be used in the rotation , so we know , and don't have to download all of them right now ??? Seems simple enough for him to pick 4 of them and post here as a new topic .
They can be downloaded seperatly can't they ???

------------------
Yep it's all fun and games .........till someone loses an eye .......then it's just hilarious hehe !

IP:

corpse
posted January 07, 2003 06:50 PM            
look someone said something was RANKED
and mr BIG shows up .
how ranked can you get

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 06:59 PM         
Why do you want to know Corpse you Biatch hehe . Why don't you play your favorite game .......... Scrotum tag hehe
What do we do with the downloaded maps , put them in an addon folder ??? I just don't want to screw up my stock maps . need to put them in the right place Man this is gonna take awhile on dialup .

------------------

IP:

Paranor
posted January 07, 2003 07:25 PM            
corpse - I think you meant RAS. hehe

Start downloading them all - you have a week. 10MB spread over 6 days is pretty easy enough.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited January 07, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted January 07, 2003 07:36 PM            
Mr. Big, it took me about 45 minutes to download them the other night. I had a nice connection that time. I just took me close to an hour and a half to download 6 Megs today. So I can sympathize with you.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

corpse
posted January 07, 2003 07:38 PM            
10MB that should take about 1 min.
lol

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 09:51 PM         
I still dont know after download what to do with them ??? put them in the add on folder ??? I love all the things u guys do with mods and all , but I sure as hell don't want to screw up the original maps
And Corpse seems you should be happy to dance with the dead , cause the way u play TM ur already playin with the dead , how does a dead ???? play with a dead ???? hehe Scoobey Snaks all round hehe

Clean it up mr. insignificant......
------------------

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 07, 2003).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 09:56 PM         
And for you Paranor , you guy's spring this on us with no warning , crapola they were just released in the final version yesterday. Jesus what's wrong with a 4 map download for the server rotation for the DDM , instead of the whole thing prior ??? cant u pick 4 maps for an easy download ???
I'm gettin tired of the fat pipes gettin there way round here , have a little respect for us poor peeps ;(

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted January 07, 2003 10:03 PM            
People live a little, make it ranked. If the games don't go well, we can make it non-ranked after the fact.
As for what to do with the maps, yes, putting them into your addons folder will work right nicely. If you *really* are afraid of the mods (of any type) messing with your game, you can always to a second install of TM and call it something like TM with mods. You will then still have your regular install to play with at other times. I have several installs of TM going, one for storm, one for LAN parties, one for regular gaming. Works great.

IP:

Irascible
posted January 07, 2003 10:21 PM            
Fat pipes.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 10:50 PM         
with all do respect Sue , this isnt about what u say , you dont wat till after the fact to surmise the probs , you play it close to the vest and find out IF there are probs , before the fact , the fact being a ranked ddm . This whole thing is being railroaded thru by someone who has an axe to grind , give others a chance unless ur afraid hehe and i think u are hehe .

------------------

IP:

mr.BIG
posted January 07, 2003 10:52 PM         
Guido ............. the mercy Killer.

IP:

coaxs
posted January 07, 2003 10:59 PM            
It'll stay ranked.

I wouldn't worry about it being ranked Big.

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited January 07, 2003).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 07, 2003 11:36 PM            
Guido, er mr. insignificant, er dumbo, er whatever... If you do not like it ranked then set up your own server or play single player and SHUT up about it. Things will work out fine... If there are problems then ranking will be dropped by fair assessment of the facts not your whining.... Now get on with life and quit bothering people over er insignificant things.

Oh yes and if you look in the zip file you should find the files are set to go to the addons folder and sub-folders already if you unzip them to the base TM directory... That is the way all good mods are zipped for install so it does not bother the base TM install and you can get rid of the addons folder and reload it with whatever you want the next time or take Sue's suggestion and create a separate TM install - I have 6 TM installs myself.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 07, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted January 07, 2003 11:59 PM            
6 TM installs?

What a newb.

;^)

IP:

posted January 08, 2003 02:01 AM            
Sailor beats me...I have only 4 TM installs, TMapper, Online, Mods testing, mods. Hey Sailor...what are your installs. And by the way everyone...the maps are too cool. Once you play them at a DDM or Clan you will never want to go back to the stock maps.

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited January 08, 2003).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 08, 2003 07:03 PM            
I have the following TM installs on my desktop.
1.Stock TM with modded maps and some modded weapons.
2.TM Gropos testing install.
3.TM Maps for testing with the clan maps while they were in development - soon to be deleted.
4.TM Mini Tanks - Kong's special adaptation of small maps and small tanks and weapons.
5.TM Soccer - BZP's Soccer mod.
6.TM Storm install for racing and playing with JV's great mod.
7.TM TeamCTF - Killers mod for playing the Team CTF mod.

So I actually have 7 installs, but one will be deleted now that the Clan maps are complete and released. So I only counted 6 for the other message earlier.

Oh yes and Ras - I think I been around a bit longer than you so HAHAHAHAHA who is the newb - YOU!!!!!!!!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 08, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted January 09, 2003 08:32 PM            
i still have the origional files that can still be used for races, never got the updated cause i dont race or use ladder and i have dial up. will the old ones work?

------------------
Match in the gas tank, KA-BOOM!

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3