|
Author Topic:   Tread Marks crash
csatlos
posted December 30, 2002 05:08 PM            
Whenever i try to run TM 1.5, it locks up my system.

I can start up the game and use the menus, but when i try to go into a game, it will load and then freeze within 5-10 seconds.

I have a fresh install of XP, so I don't know what could be wrong. I used to be able to run TM v1.0 perfectly.

I've tried updating to v1.6, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas??

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2002 12:00 AM            
Overheating problem.... maybe - Question, when it locks do you get the last 2 seconds of sound looping ? if u do - put a bigger heat sink and fan on or clean the dust off the one you have. I had this problem, took 10 degrees off my system temp. Better still - put a fan on the window pulling in cold air and point it at the case, blows colder air onto the compnents see... I like to leave the case off too - i find it lets any heat out better.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 31, 2002 12:20 AM         
If you remember 1.0 then ur no newbie , I was on the NGI server for the demo . I think this prob is related to number one you have version 1.5 . You stated that you got the patch for conversion from 1.5 to 1.6 . if thats correct then there is a prob with where the patch ended up c drive d drive or whatever . Ive used all the patches and no probs . If you played way back then then ur no nubie and should use yr name from then (right el Supremo ) hehe we cant fix if you dont try !!!

------------------
Necrophilia : ........That Uncontrolable Urge To Crack Open A Cold One .... hehehe :)

IP:

csatlos
posted December 31, 2002 10:45 AM            
I never played over the internet back then.
A friend of mine bought me TM and i just played it offline.

The thing is that i can play other games for hours with no probelsm, and i keep my comp on 24/7 (server). So it's just TM that seems to have issues. So I have no idea what might be causing this. I've even tried switching around my PCI devices in case it was having some IRQ issues or something. But no luck.

Actually, the reason i formatted was to try and get TM to work, but alas, no luck.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 31, 2002 11:28 AM            
overheating problem? i guess its a bad thing that i have a monstrocity-size class computer and that i keep it in a closed cabinet then. i do have dual cooling fans though, one intake and one exhaust, does that help? come to think of it, i get repeating sound (though not always 2 secs of it) on probably 60% of my system freezes...

as for keeping the case off, no offense but i think thats just a damned stupid idea. on my last comp (which had only 1 exhaust fan) i had serious problems with dust that was sucked out of the rug and piled up an inch deep on all the circuit boards. leaving it open just lets more in. and your liable to spill something on it or fall on it of drop something in it...

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 31, 2002).]

IP: