This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New clan maps
Sailor
Administrator
posted December 28, 2002 09:57 PM            
I have been working with LDA and David (AKA 666) on a project that David wanted to do to improve some of the stock LDA maps. He has reworked all the weapons points on a number of LDA maps with Jim's permission and has had some great results for clan type battles.
His new layouts provide new battle fields, greater weapons and spawn points, literally no spawn frags and longer lasting battles with less massive terrain deformation so the map continues to be more playable for the duration of a battle.
I would recommend that these maps be picked up by everyone and added to the next clan or DDM map rotation by the server operator hosting the event.
If these maps are used exclusively the event would be a totally new and exciting experience on existing maps with a great time had by all.
David will be posting the link once it is set up by harmless where you can all get these new/old maps.
The names for the new maps will have the word "Clan" added in front of them so they will be easy to identify. There are about 15 maps that have been modded to improve them significantly.
Look for David's (666's) post for the address of where to get them.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited December 28, 2002).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 03:16 AM         
A laudible effort , but the given is that there are only 3 or 4 clan events in a calender year .
Seems like alot of work for little gain to me .
now if there were to be say 1 a month , thats a horse of a different color.
I might even join a gang for that heheeheeehhe see ya a little later nitz .

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

harmless
posted December 29, 2002 03:28 AM            
success!!
view my html madness and ftp uploading abilities here:
TM clan maps index - by 666

the main modded map index is here that also has the above link.
TM modded maps index

that should do it.
toodles,
harmless

IP:

KONG
posted December 29, 2002 03:40 AM            
nt

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited December 29, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted December 29, 2002 03:41 AM            

wrong background

------------------
Qersys

IP:

posted December 29, 2002 04:09 AM            
The reason I did the work was that I was tired of having DDM and Clan battle on the TM stock maps that are not designed to accommodate that many tanks. Thus I asked Sailor if I could redo the stock map and make them playable for DDM and Clan battles. There are two different reports at the link bottom explaining how and the results.

The 1st one was a proposal, TM Barren Lake Map Example, on how I would redo the weapon points using the Barren Lake map as an example. The main problems I was trying to resolve were

- Spawning without a weapon
- Spawn fragging in DDM and Clan battles
- Heavily rutted maps in DDM and Clan battles
- Spawning in the middle of an on-going battle.

There are 2 jpg files of the Barren Lake map. One shows the current stock map with only one battlefield and 15 weapon points. The other shows the new map with the new weapon points having 8 different battlefields and 74 weapon points.

The 2nd report, Summary of the New Weapon Placements on Clan Maps, list all the additional benefits of the new clan maps:

- More exciting maps
- Higher frag to death ratios
- Sniperís paradise
- Larger maps
- Resurrection of hardly used maps
- New battlefields

The excel sheet list the test data of the clan maps with the list of the maps that did not change.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 10:18 AM         
I hope the maps will be relatively flat also , would help with lag

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 12:09 PM            
i dont think anything could make me join a clan, but from the sound of these maps, i would definately join one temporarily to get in on a clan battle. they're basicly huge, 2-team battles right?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 29, 2002 12:58 PM            
Clan Battles are multiteam battles. Each clan is designated a color under which flag that team plays. Since the clans, and the members, are known in advance, it is easy to check scores/teams for appropriateness.
The Golden Ants clan IS open for membership, but (as do most clans) we expect sportsperson-like behaviour from all its players. If interested in membership, contact GoldAnt_NumberOne at the e-mail listed on his LDA profile.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 01:03 PM            
like i said, i have made it a point in my life not to join clans. i have stayed out in starcraft, starcraft brood war, diablo, star wars jedi knight II, ........

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 01:11 PM         
I think that LWA is still around , they are a non-clan that is allowed to participate in clan battles . Might be just the answer as there are not that many clan battles in a year anyway .
I may even hob-nob with Corpse and see about forming a loose confederation for such events , we won't even do background checks

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 01:45 PM            
LWA? Backround Checks? whaaaaa?

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 02:19 PM         
Lone wolf Alliance , they used to have a link on the TM site . If not someone in the know will put you in touch
I think ya have to go through some sorta initiation , ya know ?
And watch out for Corpse , he is known as a back-stabber

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 04:13 PM            
starcraft has back-stabbers, everyone hates 'em you can almost never fight them off because you just werent prepared to fight your own team

IP:

harmless
posted December 29, 2002 04:19 PM            
LWA....
just about as non clan as one can get.... just my style

homepage
http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

what i did
http://www.hallsted.net/tm-homage-harmless.html

LWA forum
http://www.hallsted.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

toodles
LWA-harmless

IP:

Rex R
posted December 30, 2002 01:44 PM            
I have found a small problem with the clan-maps, the game thinks that they can be used for racing. while I realize that probibly very few ppl play the racing ladder bit of tm
and prolly few ppl use the running demo...both modes are affected by this bug.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 30, 2002 10:01 PM            
Bump....

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 30, 2002 11:56 PM            
Taint a bug - if you load the maps into TMapper you can assign the map type as Race Mode, DM Mode or Dual Use.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 31, 2002 01:37 AM            
didn't say it was a bug now did I? I said it was a problem. one that affects ladder play and the running demo. in ladder play you don't get to chose which maps to race on. I've had to pull the clan maps out of the tm folder

IP:

posted December 31, 2002 02:34 AM            
Well...I learned a new thing. Rex is correct. I will change the 18 maps to the correct entity type, 1, so that the maps are not used for race or ladder play. Thanks again. If there are any other problems do not hesitate to let me know. I really want the maps to be used for the DDM and Clan battles. I will have harmless close the link until the new maps are there. Thanks again.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 31, 2002 02:49 AM            
thank you. figgured that if I didn't bring it up, at some point in the future someone else would be complaining that their game was all (insert various vocabulary here) because of it. have not had a chance to try 'em out yet (take that back conditionally) I did look at them w/o any bots on them. looks like fun, should change the way ddms are played.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 31, 2002 10:58 AM            
i havent had a chance to install them yet cause i have a separate addons folder in treadmarks while i test RexR's mods. but from what i can tell this will allow for large scale, organized, multiple tank, attacks!

IP:

posted December 31, 2002 01:39 PM            
You are correct Scrap Metal. I tested all the maps with 40 tanks (including me), 4 teams, AI@100% intelligence, team score, team frag, till 99 frag was reached. The typical time of a game to reach 99 frags was 6 to 7 minutes. Most maps had...NO Spawn fragging. Maps that had more than 2 spawn frags for 3 game test were not used (yes 3 games). Kahuna is an example of map no matter how I laid out the weapon points, I could not get it to stop spawn fragging.

Hey...if there are any question about what I did and you are too lazy to read the report just ask away.

Thanks for show an interest in them. I promise that these maps would make the Sunday's DDM a cool place to battle especially after the terribly rutted Clay Hills map.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 31, 2002 02:00 PM            
40 AIs... thats almost as many as i sometimes use! every once in a while ill set it up with 60-80 AIs and test my CPU's processing power.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 01, 2003 08:37 PM            
Bump again ...

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2