|
Author Topic:   mystery mod
Rex R
posted December 28, 2002 01:51 AM            
got a mystery mod collection (beta). anyone want to be a guin/\/\er tester?

IP:

coaxs
posted December 28, 2002 01:59 AM            
sure I'll beta the mystery beta.

coaxs@coaxs.net

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted December 28, 2002 02:14 AM            
emailed have fun

IP:

KONG
posted December 28, 2002 10:27 AM            
Well, send er over.

------------------
Qersys

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 28, 2002 11:14 AM            
I'll try it out.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 28, 2002 01:07 PM            
I could give it a try - send it along if I am not too late.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Rex R
posted December 28, 2002 02:03 PM            
there will be a bit of a delay(12 hrs or so) while I update the mod (found some sound effects I want to try), so will send it out later.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 29, 2002 12:21 AM            
I could use some "unique" weapons for the bz mod... im totally useless at weapons, i just pull my hair out at all the damned ents... everything else is done ! Its driving me nuts ! the Audio CD, presentation, story, maps, tanks everything !

Wonder if i can get JVortex to come out of retirement ?

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2002 01:30 AM            
right then. sent the mod to those who expressed a desire for it. used the addresses as a) given here or as b)listed by the forum.
Matrix
besure to give it a go before blindly adding it/them to the bz mod. lemme know if you need templates for reskinning or would like some tweeks to the weapons. ya know it possible that you have the best chance to actually read the writing on the sides of the missile ingame...

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 03:33 AM         
I'd like to see a turret mounted turd launcher (ok so gas warfare is against the Geneva convention) but this is TM and hansn't signed on so lets givem the gas boys .
I suggest the ole' dingleberry formation !
Sure millions will die , but who cares .
We will be reincarnated (sure some will come back as cue-balls) but i say live and let die heheheeeheehe

You are getting over the edge with your comments - clean it up or leave).
------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited December 29, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited December 29, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 29, 2002 11:08 AM            
id like to see a mod that sees mr big joining a server and holds his tank in mid air while the rest of us stand around the underside spitting at him

just my 2p

IP:

wolfman
posted December 29, 2002 11:29 AM            
RexR- if i am not too late would like to beta as well. Also, wonderin if the R is for Rawhead - i.e. Rawhead Rex out of the myths. Thanks. JT

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 11:30 AM            
rescently, i have been held in midair every time i join

i like the mods. is it just me or do those proxie mines actually chase you down and kill you? they should probably be a little slower

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 29, 2002 01:17 PM         
I think Matrix just wants 2 peek under my tank hehe I am hoping you will update your adult site , i'm gettin tired a seein the same lot lizards hehe
Later Nitz

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2002 05:52 PM            
guess the 'cat' is out of the bag now. heheh yes they can and do chase you down. was thinking more along the lines of reducing the lifetime to say 20 seconds or so. it is possible to out run them long as you're a)healthy and b)they don't catch you flat footed
wolfman
sent. and no the r doesn't stand for rawhide

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited December 29, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2002 07:08 PM            
to clarify proxies (when they activate) will seek out the nearest opponent. they will not seek out; the person who deployed them nor his team mates. of course if those ppl happen to get in the way of a proxie...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 07:26 PM            
i also fail to see the difference between the vortex gun and the plasma cannon

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2002 07:49 PM            
aside from looking different there is no difference. basically it is a test weapon to try something out

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 07:59 PM            
test what? the way it looks? will you change what it does later?

are some of the mods server side only? some use existing models with different skins (I'm not exactly sure what makes a mod server side only

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 29, 2002).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 08:31 PM            
dude! your mavrick missile just swerved to avoid my enemy and blew me up. thats one major league bug!

slow the proxies down. i couldnt outrun them at top speed with an evil! tank. you should be able to outrun it with any stock tank. (this may be the 50mph juggernaut's undoing)

it was pretty freaky, i was driving in reverse, so i could see the little face slowly gaining, gaining... it was like a nightmare. and the insane laughter really adds effect

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2002 09:24 PM            
well since most tanks can get up to 90 mph (proxies top out just under) juggie is not a stock tank...no I were testing an effect of having the vortex 'skin' insideout SSO is so called since all textures, sounds, meshes are are called from the stock TM install with only the Ents being different (as with the juggernaut) as fer the maverick well it happens (depends on the terrain) never really intended the proxies to be real common...ya shoulda seen the fire mines. glad you liked the sounds.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 11:54 PM            
i know the juggernaut is not stock, thats why i said this could be its undoing, those proxies pack a wallop. true, most tanks can hit 90 - on flat ice terrain, or maybe on perfectly flat ragular terrain. but on terrain with even mild hills, you constantly go airbourne for a few seconds. from what i can tell about the stock tanks, there are 2 varieties: you can get some to about 75 on the average map, and others to about 115. maybe modify the proxies so that if it hits you dead-center on the front of the tank, it does like 95-97 damage.

the maverick missile did somethink like this (top view; O=AI, X=me, .=missile path):

----------------. O
---------------------X
(there. had to put in the dashes cause the forum removed all of the spaces the first time.)

vortex skin inside out?????

someone should release a mod that just adds a bunch of various testures,
sounds, meshes, etc. to the game for modders to work with to make SSO mods

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 29, 2002 11:55 PM            
ignore this message

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 30, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted December 30, 2002 02:24 AM            
ayup thats kind of terrain that will cause the maverick to miss (just like a cruise) try for a lateral movement after fireing. I was out running the proxies in the talon on the moon also on the woodland map. yes the projectile is setup so you can only see the inside surface of the far side (side facing you is invisible)

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 30, 2002 12:56 PM            
thats not the terrain, its a top down view. it was on the map turtles.

just pretend the dashes arent there

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 30, 2002).]

IP: