This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Hey Funski
VorDesigns
posted December 21, 2002 11:29 PM            
Merry Christmas, or Happy Hannukau or, Kwanza or, if you're a 'Witness', just have a good day.

There is never a need to be rude during a game, just keep trying to kill whoever you're mad at. We have enough nasty players without snide ones making comments that make a player feel like he/she should leave and that is definitely not what a 'Public' server is all about.

Espcecially since your comment seemed directed at me and I've been playing for over a year now so, while I don't yet consider myself a veteran, I'm definitely not a turtle in this arena. But your comment 'I hate playing with newbies' and then abruptly disconnecting left Lister, whom I've never seen playing wondering if we wanted him to leave.

I myself will have to take the words above to heart and stop sniping at those who choose to you weebles instead of tanks in the game. I'll just have to get over the fact that some players just can't play the game without using something that has flubber for skin and bounces 200 yards if you look at it sideways.

But I definitely don't want them to stop playing. New, live, players is what makes the game interesting.

I definitely don't look forward to a day when I don't see any servers listed when I load TreadMarks. Do you?

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted December 22, 2002 09:28 AM            
Arrr! So that's why you were asking about him last night on LDA! Man some of these new cretins are doin ma box in, I tell ya! It's good to kick them around a bit, but if anyone's willing to adhere to the 'TM Unwritten rules' forget it on LDA now.

A lot of people picking the game up, which is definitely good but we need more veterans in there (note: not shortening to 'vet' due to potential poor comebacks on forum) to keep them in check!

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 22, 2002 11:56 AM         
Isn't Kwanza a holiday made up in the late 60's or early 70's ????
Have to admit i'm not much on fried banannas hehe

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted December 22, 2002 11:57 AM            
How long does it take to become a veteran ?

IP:

coaxs
posted December 22, 2002 02:04 PM            
Unofficial rule is 200 post. But, you've been here forever.

Edit: Fried bananas are great. Yum-Yum

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited December 22, 2002).]

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 22, 2002 02:22 PM            
I prefer fried plantanes because they not too sweet, but that isn't the reason for this post.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

coaxs
posted December 22, 2002 02:45 PM            
whoops, I think I translated platanes incorrectly. I meant them.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted December 22, 2002 06:19 PM            
quote:
Isn't Kwanza a holiday made up in the late 60's or early 70's ????
Have to admit i'm not much on fried banannas hehe
Tsk tsk Guido. Though you are right about it being made up.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 22, 2002 08:47 PM            
Fried bananas or plaintans; either one. Yummy!

IP:

wolfman
posted December 22, 2002 10:34 PM            
How about deep fried pickles - Sonice Drive Ins had them a few years back and had them in Alabama. Were actually very good. Though at the time I was thinking what the **** are you thinking lol JT

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 22, 2002 11:08 PM            
Don't knock anything until you've tried; Ham and lime yogurt sandwiches or a cotton sock filled with uncooked rice heated in the microwave for a few minutes on a cold night.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted December 23, 2002 01:21 AM            
Hey Vor, I'm afraid your comment about the rubber, or actually flubber, tanks went right over my head. Would you mind erudiating me please. Dang I hate admiting ignorance, unless it is about this fiendish box that I am trying to use here.

As far as those who hate playing with newbies, they are the ones who lose out over all.

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, or whatever, may you have a blessed holiday season.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Rex R
posted December 23, 2002 01:24 AM            
think he was refering to having insults bounce off and having no effect.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted December 23, 2002 04:09 AM            
No, I think he meant rubber tanks!! I do recall a few instances of rubber bashing when I was playin on the server the other night from vortex

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 23, 2002 09:06 AM         
I have heard that Irrascible and Grumpy are one and the same person .
Is it true ?????
Just curious cause I see Grumpy online quite a bit Hmmmmm .

------------------

IP:

John B.
posted December 23, 2002 10:12 AM         
Not unless Ras has forgotten how to play.

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 23, 2002 12:14 PM            
Rubber tanks: Definition, looks shiny, no treads, bounces fifty feet if you hit it with a machine gun bullet.
TM tank examples: Gull, Mite, Dragon, etc.,

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 23, 2002 08:01 PM         
Mites ......ugh ..... kinda brings to mind Lice hehe I noticed at the last DDM ( non- ranked ) that when Coaxs switched alot of others did to .
Ive tried that liquid tank before , and for the life of me even though it has a small footprint , it is so unweildy if you have say a MRL , just too unbalanced with a turret mounted weapon of any size . Thanks but i'll stick with the best size for size , speed and balance for me has to be the dwarf
The dwarf has good armor, nice speed , and the balance once you get it down is superb .
I had a bit of lag on Paranors server , of course their were 8 to 12 players on , but I noticed Coaxs didn't stick around ....Is he on dialup like me ??????
I was ready for him to kick my but as he says he does hehe , well he will just have to kick it some other time hehe .
Gotta admit it was a FUN time for all

------------------

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 02:13 AM            
mite... i think that tank is drunk or sumthing. i cant get it to drive a straight line. i perfer not to use the stock tanks, if i do use one its either platypus, marauder, menace, or evil!. if i can i'll use tron (red), juggernaut, or tank destroyer (or according to the voice clip "Ohh! My homies!").

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 24, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2002 02:58 AM            
Mr. Big I notice how you leave out the fact that at the previous games, for the last couple days, I've still beat you consecutively but I guess itís not important.

Yeah, I do have dial-up and left the server for some reason and tried to get back on but TM had an error and I had to reset the comp. I did eventually come back, but it was around 8pst.

Also, I use the zodiac for different reasons and I can choose to use any tank I want but the zodiac gives a tactical advantage that I'll leave it to you to find out, you probably alreay know though. Also all the tanks have the same amount of armor except for the mite.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

John B.
posted December 24, 2002 10:54 AM         
You can't expect Mr. Big to use a short tank....

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 11:36 AM            
the zodiac has a tactical advantage? what is it? come on!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 24, 2002 11:56 AM            
IT'S RUBBER!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 03:33 PM            
u know, the entire message board is dead from about 12:00pm to 10:00pm its lonley... and annoying to wait

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2002 10:57 PM            
I hear ya, its actually been inactive for a couple of months, really, until recently. Get ICQ so you can coax some individuals on-line or to the board when it is late.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2