|
Author Topic:   A word of note bout custom flags, again
Rex R
posted December 21, 2002 03:26 PM            
The LDA server is out of the box stock! it has NO custom flags whatsoever! No it does not have the stars and stripes(the one from the down loads page). I suspect that Par's server is missing a few of the newer flags as well. Please if you want to use a custom flag, be sure the server has it. thanks

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted December 22, 2002 08:37 AM            
Speaking of flags, Could someone make the English flag "the george cross" Never seen one yet an i think it`s about time we had it. What do you reckon Robo ,Matrix? Would make it myself but my computor skills amount to zilch.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 22, 2002 02:01 PM            
I think Neo did make one?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coaxs
posted December 22, 2002 02:47 PM            
Lol, I found it. It's in my addons2 directory so ENT wouldn't let me zip it up for you. And now I can't rename my directory to "addons" hehe. Oh-well.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 22, 2002 04:43 PM            
Uh, so does this mean that when we use the LDA server, we should only use stock flags?

IP:

coaxs
posted December 22, 2002 06:07 PM            
Sent to the e-mail address you listed Bonzo Dog.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted December 22, 2002 06:08 PM            
Correct. On any server that you don't know for sure that they have the flag pack installed.

Maybe we could have a code under the server description like (FP) for flag pack?

------------------
UGotDaNuke

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited December 22, 2002).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted December 23, 2002 08:15 AM            
Cheers Coax, But is there some confusion over what the English flag looks like ? It`s just a red cross on a white ground. The Welsh dragon does not appear on the Union Flag. This is because when the first Union Flag was created in 1606, the Principality of Wales by that time was already united with England and was no longer a separate principality. So for England we have the George cross, Scotland we have the white cross saltire on a blue ground, and the cross saltire of st. patric for Ireland.

[This message has been edited by Bonzo Dog (edited December 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Bonzo Dog (edited December 23, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted December 23, 2002 05:16 PM            
I have no clue what you just said. But, if you want a custom flag seek out Neo or I can give you directions on how to make one.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 23, 2002 06:35 PM            
why does anyone need a custom flag? i mean, i dont think anyone looks at anyone's flag but their own. as for myself, im perfectly happy with the tread hawk.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 23, 2002 06:57 PM            
I look, so far I've seen alot of players with the stars and stripes flag, and a certain player with the confederate flag.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted December 24, 2002 05:34 AM            
Well i like to see that union jack flyin over my tank when i frag someone, Brings me over all patriotic. People have been making flags since this game was started i think.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted December 24, 2002 05:55 AM            
Thx for the effort though Coaxs, Just cant help some people eh. : )

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2002 05:59 AM            
Lol, fine just send me a bmp of the flag that is 128x128 pixels and I'll make it. Or at the very least send me a link to the picture.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited December 24, 2002).]

IP: