This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   No....You aren't imaginging it...
Paranor
posted December 20, 2002 05:10 PM            
...that actually is the DDM server in the server list. i'll do some editing later. I have no idea what maps are showing up. but it's all stock maps.

------------------
-How's it going bugalugs? I know bugger all and I'm buggered. So bugger off.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, schedule and other here!

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 20, 2002 05:38 PM         
There is a God , I was gettin so sick of the map rotation on the LDA server .
You'd think every couple of months they would make a change .
I think alot of those maps with so many hills and canyons really add to the lag .
Thanks will check it out

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 20, 2002 10:27 PM            
Merry Christmas to you too Par.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 21, 2002 02:59 AM            
tried it out this 'morn' maps seem to be caldara and the steppes. start delay would appear to be 10 sec ditto for cool down(both could prolly stand to be increased a tad, to say 15sec, note; I was spawning after the match started). saw a little bit of teleporting tank(but that may only be my connection so don't get hyper about it) all in all seemed to be running fairly smoothly. thank you Par

IP:

Paranor
posted December 21, 2002 12:15 PM            
BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL and a nice remote control package I bumped it to 30 seconds start/cooldown and added some more maps for the fun of it. And I don't think they are in the LDA rotation.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 23, 2002 07:03 PM            
if ur gonna run a server then u gotta put all the tanks on it, i mean EVERY one. give people a choice i get so sick of the stock tanks. (make sure to get juggernaut). get a bunch of the weapons too. (afterburner for example, always useful when driving the 50mph juggernaut).

IP:

coaxs
posted December 23, 2002 07:11 PM            
The DDM server is typically suppose to be a stock server. There are other servers that have more various weapons and tanks, for example the hallsted server.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 23, 2002).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 23, 2002 11:07 PM            
whats DDM mean? and where the hell are you people?! i have never seen more than one other person on all the servers combined.

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 23, 2002).]

IP:

corpse
posted December 23, 2002 11:47 PM            
hay Scrap Metal
i at home were you at? (CAL.)
what time of the day/night you play?
i'm on most of the time in the AM {PST}

------------------
if you cant dance with the dead , get out of my coffin !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 12:41 AM            
i doubt i'll see you much. i'm all the way down in Miami, FL. you'll notice i have a few lag problems, its so hot here that the fiber optics have a tendancy to melt... in the WINTER. in the summer they convert directly to a gas. i play whenever i get a chance and dont use it to play starcraft brood war. i play alot late at night when my parents are off my back (insomnia). its 12:43 my time as i write this.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 24, 2002 01:37 AM            
DDM = Deadliest Death Match
When = typically 8 pm eastern time
Who = usually a bunch of us(hopefully 8-16 players)
usually stock plus the Flag Pack, if the flag you want to use is not in the master flag pack you'll need to get with Kong to update the flag pack (expect several days for the update and mention here about the change so the rest of us can get the new one). every now and then we will play ctf(with or with out mod weapons) or have a ddm with modded weap.s. in both cases don't expect to see a great number of mods (instajunk or otherwise) since we try to limit them to about 10 (or fewer, we try to keep the server paks down to 1mb or less).

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 01:59 AM            
whats the point of keeping the server mods to a minimum? my motto is "indulge, indulge, indulge 'till the sun goes down, then indulge some more!" (no im not overweight)

IP:

Rex R
posted December 24, 2002 02:43 AM            
to minimize dl time and for those who have slower boxes allow them to connect. not to mention that we generally run 20 min time limits and when you start running 8-16 tanks with lots of mods...well you know how the mite handles. imagine that with any other tank. thats how torn up the maps get.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2002 02:47 AM            
I have briefly hosted a server with all tanks, maps, flags, weps but there is an untraceable problem with to many mods that causes the server to keep spitting out random sounds and gets jurky. Plus alot of the mods are over-powered.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 24, 2002 02:59 AM            
Rex R forgot to say it is on Sundays.
There is another set play time on Wednesdays for a capture the flag game. Killer also hosts an Armaggdon event. Check out the times here: www.boomstickjoes.com
I think you still have to navigate to get to the treadmarks stuff, but it is there.
Also try using ICQ. Many of us have it. If you are up for a game, try messaging one of the regulars. I can generally drum up a few players that way. I know Meloncracker is on most nights pretty late. Corpse is on in the day time as he works nights. There are people out there, you just have to catch them. Paranor was hosting the DDMs on Sunday, but he took a little break. People were real happy to see his server back on line, so there was a pretty good turnout last week.I get on after the kids are in bed, maybe 9 pm Pacific time. Check out which server is getting the most action and hop on in.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 11:55 AM            
i have had that sound problem in single player games sometimes it just starts repeating a sound, or sometimes it replaces the sound of the engine with another sound. one time there was a tron that kept screaming "You've lost the lead!" at varying pitches as it went faster or slower. i thought it was pretty intimidating. anyway, to fix it you just have to close tread marks and then reopen it. i have 10 mods at most, not including tanks. as for checking which server is getting the most attention, I have never seen ANY server that gets ANY attention!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 24, 2002 03:44 PM            
The repeating sound is do to you hitting the max # of ents TM can handle. You'll need to remove mods until it goes away.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 24, 2002 06:32 PM            
it only happens about 1 in 20 times

IP:

coaxs
posted December 24, 2002 10:58 PM            
Happened to me everytime I loaded up the server.

We really need to find out the exact number of ents TM can handle at some point.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 25, 2002 12:17 AM            
i started making a list of the mods i have. im up to 20 and im not done yet. good news, thats a descent cap for extra weapons

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 25, 2002 10:51 AM            
well anyway would it be too much of a pain to load up a tron mod? thats my favorite tank

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 25, 2002 06:58 PM         
For some reason the DDM'S Ive seen are not ranked , I can understand that though with no server around that can handle 20 plus players . Of course if they kept a 4 map rotation of fairly flat maps like 19th green it would help a bunch All that hilly stuff really is a laggers heaven .
Besides desert terrain is a tankers choice for an armor blitz hehe

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 25, 2002 09:02 PM            
u want armor? just use juggernaut. that thing's a laviathan!

IP:

Paranor
posted December 26, 2002 04:36 PM            
DDM's were originally setup to see who has the best skills. The best skills require the need of stock tanks and weapons.

After about a year (plus or minues a few months ), we decided to have a rotation of DDM's.

1) Clan DDM's
2) Modded Map and/or weapon and/or tank DDM's
3) Ranked DDM's
4) Non-ranked DDM's
5) STORM mod DDM

But then after another 6-10 months (I have no clue ont he timeline) I had a time problem running them, then I got sick of it and ended up taking a hiatus. So that's the history.

Soon (january) we'll get back to some type of DDM schedule going again.

So that's the deal.

Also, my server can easily handle 20+ players as we've already tested that (28 I think has been the highest).

And I agree, Tron is one of the top 3 tanks. Next to the Star Trek tanks.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted December 26, 2002 10:06 PM            
voyager's weapons can be unbelievably effective, so can the warbird's. but the cloaking field on the warbird gets annoying and vorager's performance withers and dies along along with the health gauge. and there's nothing to say for the voice clips except that they're unbelievably corny. the tron is pretty stock-like, 120mm gun, seemingly normal armor, it has a little extra speed but its hard to get there without a flat area like the one on the outside area of turtles (i love that place; high-speed transport between battles), and while its extramely low to the ground, once a tank is below turret hight, its just low, makes no difference how low it is. what i really want to see is a server that has at least ONE mod tank. i mean, seriously!

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited December 26, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2