|
Author Topic:   When is next DDM?
glomund
posted December 11, 2002 11:41 PM            
i would like to know when the next ddm and other events are occuring... i seem to be very out of the loop, and wish to get back in....... :P

IP:

coaxs
posted December 12, 2002 03:58 AM            
I don't know? Do you want to arrange the next event?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted December 12, 2002 07:55 AM            
I'm still in retirement as far as hosting servers. Hoping to get out of it during xmas break. Initially I lost interest, now I'm just too busy with xmas programs for hte kids, parties, shopping, etc.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 12, 2002 01:51 PM            
I know our family is looking forward to your coming out of retirement, Par. We postpone dinner on Sundays just to attend

IP:

Rex R
posted December 13, 2002 01:23 AM            
lets hope that he comes out of 'retirement' for the feb 8 birthday bash

IP:

VorDesigns
posted December 13, 2002 08:05 PM            
If someone would be so kind as to provide the DDM hosting requirements, I will endeavor to determine if I can do it.
Of course, someone else will have to take the screen shots as I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do that and besides, MAX and Iracscible already log off if they lose so I can't get evidence of beating them.
Let me know. If a stock site is all that is required, I can put Dinochrome to the knife.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

Rex R
posted December 14, 2002 01:45 AM            
as i recall the 1st annual b-day bash was stock so as to allow anyone to attend. it is my opinion that (till future notice) they should continue to be stock(same reasoning). just need a server that can handle a (hopefully) large crowd.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 14, 2002 05:49 PM            
Oh, I remember that Par posted once upon a time what his config settings were, like the fps and all. Now where was that?
I would be pretty sure that KiLlEr would tell you, as well as Par, what their set up is and what would be needed to run a DDM. If I can find the link, I will update this post.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 14, 2002 08:11 PM         
What about an old timer named Hammer ??? used to play alot and from my information had a pretty good server .
Unless he got ran off , mores the pity hehe !

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 14, 2002 10:00 PM         
Just a bit curious as to why in the past few months there have been no DDM's ???
Are the regulars burned out , or are they so overwhelmed by the gangs that they know they don't stand a chance ???
I know i'll get an answer , and i know it will be non assertive by the controllers of this forum .
Who play little , talk alot and can't get out of there own way hehe !!!

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

Rex R
posted December 15, 2002 01:25 AM            
biggest problem/sticking point when running a server is bandwidth. the general settings 10fps and 3k work pretty well
note with these settings 20 players works out to approx 670kb/sec upload

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited December 15, 2002).]

IP:

ARAGON
posted December 15, 2002 08:48 PM            
I'll "encourage" par the next time I see him, to get the DDM server up and running...wink wink

IP: