|
Author Topic:   administrators who are active players of tm
mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 10:35 PM         
their is in my opinion somethin very wrong with allowing tm players administer this bb . it becomes both political and or socialogical in it's administration . i believe it falls on lda the creators of this game to have the admin rights to boot anyone from participation here . they do not in MY opinion have the right to delegate this authority to tm players who have there own axe to grind . if lda does not see fit to regulate a bb that is solely inspired by the game they created , then maybe it's time to get rid of the bb altogether , rather than let the majority be dictated to by the minority. mr.BIG

------------------
if u keep an open mind ...... people will throw trash in it

IP:

KONG
posted November 27, 2002 10:55 PM            
shut up u big Biatch!

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 27, 2002 11:14 PM            
Administrators are elected from the players at large and are neither political nor sociological (Although, how an election can be non political does bring up some interesting thought puzzles). To my knowledge administrators do not have an axe to grind or an agenda, it's rare to actually find one on the bboard these days. LDA does not have the time to regulate the bboard, it is more efficient and posters get faster turn around if a regular poster that reads the board everyday helps out.

The “rights” to boot anyone has been rescinded and solely belong to LDA. Although if a group of long term players and individuals floods LDA with request to boot someone, what do you think will happen anyways?

Overall, I consider myself a TM player first and an admin second. Anything, I can do to make TM a more successful game I will do even at the cost of admin tenure.

Administrators are not regarded as Gods, their actions are monitored closely, any breach in trust is overly scrutinized and the watchdogs on the board are very vigilant. They don't receive preferential treatment on-line or in real-life (maybe from gold ant), I can assure you of that.

IP:

KONG
posted November 27, 2002 11:30 PM            
so take it easy guido

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 11:33 PM         
and sir i reiterate that electing active tm players who may or may not belong to a clan do indeed have a political agenda and an axe to grind on or to those they in their infinite wisdom deem to be offensive . if as u say lda has not the time or inclination to check the board then it should be free for all to post as they see fit . there are on most major chat sites bots and other means to deal with those who use profanity . those in power like objects in motion ..... tend to stay in motion . mr. BIG

------------------

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 11:37 PM         
and someone enlighten me as to why this charachater of a person named kong is slighting me , after a breif time playing against this person , he ran and was non confrontational .... me thinks he likes sniping most of all . mr. BIG.

------------------

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 28, 2002 12:22 AM            
mr Big, I have yet to have seen an administer that seems to have an ax to grind. Whether or not the election of an administer is political in nature is in my opinion beside the point, since I have not seen anything that I saw as out of line, as far as admin duties before.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:27 AM         
thank you ck for your input , at least your participating in the bb . i have still to see you online on the lda server , and its not relevant for non combatants ( in my opinion ) to make any sort of objection to this topic . in other words get in the fight ...... or shut the hell up !!!! mr. BIG .

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2002 12:36 AM            
This is not guido..... and im willing to bet its an australian IP.

- Obviously educated
- Fighting for the right to disband clans
- Opinionation to allow swearing
- General & obvious lack of respect
- Quite a large ego, wont back down

I only know 1 person who fits this descript and uses this type of feuding text.

I bow out of the topic. I can see whats coming.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited November 28, 2002).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 01:25 AM         
there is no need for mr matrix to bow out . this is precisley what my message is about . the right to freely choos who one wants to participate , die , defend , and whatever the hell to otherwise hobnob with in a republic founded on rights delegated in a higher spiritual being beyond our comprehension ( at least mine anyway ) . If ur higher being is a rock by all means go sit by it , if its a cross then go hang by it . if ur a human and will die bye human means then don't wait it will find you . unlike the game there really is no place to hide . treads is no place to fight internally , its a place to fight where no one else will let us in a civilized world . what the hell is that anyway ??????

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted November 28, 2002 03:25 AM            
the fact that I am reading your messages and threads would tend to refute your position that the admin.s stiffle free speech. language and behaviour on the bbs
since this board is hosted on lda's comp.s that gives them the right to set standards of conduct on the bbs( which we (supposedly) all agreed to when we registared) foul language on the servers
I am on record as being against it not so much as it offends me as for the fact that I find it shows a lack of imagination (not to mention BORRING) an occasional cussword or 2 (per game)might not raise an eyebrow...alas ppl who use them seldom stop there. as others have stated, families do play tm online. we have a responsibility to respect our fellow players desires as per language and conduct. I seem to recall that someone who calls themselves mr.big on the servers is big on spawn fragging and other cheap frags...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 28, 2002 06:45 PM            
The funny thing is that you assume what the admins do is outside what LDA would do. You complain that LDA should monitor the board and manage it. But, LDA does watch the board and have decided in their infinite wisdom that they want TM community members to help manage them.

If you feel stifled here in expressing your emotions and feelings, so what, it's not meant for that. This is a board for Tread Marks related content and oriented to a family environment. All views in this vain are openly valid for this board all others are meant to be placed somewhere else. This is a game developer's board, not an open forum; please understand where you are posting.

If you continue to tell productive long-term posters to "shut the hell up" then you will be asked to calm down or leave.

IP:

wolfman
posted November 28, 2002 09:06 PM            
Still think it is Guido - is there a way bud for him to route and reroute so it appears as an Aussie isp Style of play identical, great player from the get go, commentary and quotes way too similar to ones in the past, etc etc Just curious. As for ? on KONG - u Mr. Big were the one starting the dissing and name calling the other night when you, I, Kong, and I believe another player or two were all on Pinnacle on LDA evening time EST. Cya all later and frag ya JT

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 28, 2002 09:11 PM            
I only listen to self-proclaimed 'politicians' (why pick a gaming forum whom you may have a grudge for, for some estranged reason) who can spell, punctuate their sentences and apply an at least feasible structure to their argument.

Please make this your homepage for starting your browser.
www.dictionary.com

I've only heard about you recently and feel further acknowledgement, from me, of you ain't necessary. Play the game, talk about the game, worship the thesaurus!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 28, 2002 09:12 PM            
PS. I don't think it's Guido either

IP:

wolfman
posted November 28, 2002 09:35 PM            
Okayyyyyyyyyyyy Maybe it's not - but could be a twin or clone. JT

IP:

Teulk
posted November 29, 2002 03:49 PM            
I thought cloning was still illegal!!??

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited November 29, 2002).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 29, 2002 06:01 PM         
why would anyone go to the trouble of horribly reducing their throughput by all this routing and re-routing nonsense ? I feel a little paranoia creepin in this thread . I made a definite mistake in opening a can of worms as it were concerning admins . It's just that some regular players of tm on occasion expressed feelings on the appropriateness of it , and i regret even mentioning it now ! I must in future remember not to step on the wrong toes , even tho it will take me awhile to realize exactly who the toes belong to .

------------------

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 30, 2002 10:35 PM            
Just think of it this way (assuming you had a good family upbringing) - Speak with respect as you would to your parents to others you wish to converse with. Keep your tongue in check with respect to the words you let pass over it and out into the world. Keep non-TM related subjects to ICQ or AIM and post away on this board as you like with TM related discussions.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 01, 2002 12:57 AM            
Wise words Sailor...

See MrBig... we've had our dissagreements, but respect remains.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 01, 2002 09:44 AM         
Indeed , I haven't delved too far in this bb's archives , but i see it can get pretty hairy here ..... I did notice Matrix , that some months ago you had some mods for ww2 skins , but were shut down because of the nazi connotation ! Too bad they should at least have been made available on one server for people to try out . After all anyone offended wouldn't have to download the mod , or play on the server . Just shows true democracy doesn't work !

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 01, 2002 01:18 PM            
On the contrary mr.Big... the skins still exist and we be an optional additional download when i release my mod - this will cater for those who are offended and not.

The main idea was supported, once the pic appeared attitudes changed and in essence if it was changed to an iron cross it would be ok - however, i dont think a black '+' sign really gets under the skin of how bloody evil these units are suposed to be.

The Swastica was the issue, thats all.... interestingly some cultures use the same design in their religeous patterning of cloths - go figure ! Its just a shape, its fame preceede's it. some servers will run it, some wont - its all down to personal choice. I could make some devil tanks, but any christian or cathoclic or other relegous group out could be offended... you cant brush off or simply ignore certain things in life simply because you dont like them.... much like top shelf magazines and fur traders ! but as long as such things arent forced down your throat, and you have the option to use, view or not, then you have achieved your goal and been fair to all sides.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited December 01, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted December 01, 2002 01:23 PM            
hey....you have wwii skins? cool!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted December 01, 2002 08:03 PM            
man why does some guy always have to come and stirr cr4p up for no reason, no Mods on this board has an agenda in that vain of any sort

jeez at least wait for an instance before fireing away!

but then i did say you had no reason except to stirr, yeah its you whos got an agenda

IP:

synack
posted December 01, 2002 08:20 PM         
Laddie, I choose to ignore it.

Try it.

[synack has his fingers stuck in his ears]

Blah, blah blah!!!! I can't hear you!!

I just play the game, and have some fun.

IP: