This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   clan wars and all that means to some
mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 10:20 PM         
just my opinion on clans " they should be dis-banded " yep u can quote me on that opine . they tend to keep players who like each other from inter-reacting in ddm's . why shoudln't adults be free to unite in a ddm ????? clans mean a political or social alignment , whitch in itself is restrictive and totally confining , leadership is a perceived position , not annoainted . this is in my opinion the only way to put principle above personality in this game . as a game ( which it most assuradly is ) the only fair way is to take all aspects of so called leadership and all that implies out of it period . mr.BIG !!!!

------------------
if u keep an open mind ...... people will throw trash in it

IP:

kv
posted November 27, 2002 11:42 PM            
if you don't want to be in a clan and deal with what you refer to as "politics", then don't join a clan. Is it really that hard?

No one is holding a gun to your head to force you to join a clan. Just don't expect to be able to participate in clan events.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 11:52 PM         
can u be more specific as to clan events ???? hell u can hardly raise any players for any events . clans are outdated and totally irrelavent in todays online gaming . i really don't mind events called clan events , even tho it's only 3 or 4 times a year ( which in itself should point to the irrelevencie of such events ) but clans in and of themselves have a connotation of segregation and racism dont u think ??????? mr. BIG.

------------------

IP:

kv
posted November 28, 2002 12:12 AM            
clans are outdated? wow, so out of touch with todays online game world... I feel sorry for you.

if you don't want to be in a clan, then don't join one and leave the rest of us alone. Is that really so hard to do?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 28, 2002 12:12 AM            
In a word, No. I am as likely to team up with a DOG or DNX... as with a Golden Ant.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2002 12:20 AM            
Yup, same here, id play alongside BWL Paranor just as quickly as Teulk, Kv and Cybercannon... Clans dont really come into it until you talk about:

Team Practices
Team vs Team Competitions

The rest of the time most folks act like lonewolves anyway

If you have a closed mind, useful info cant get in

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:22 AM         
hitler youth went out long before the concept of clans , ok that i admit . what if someone came up with a clan here called KKK would that be ok ????? even tho they could say it means krist king killers ??? clans are outdated and irrellevant , and unless u want to be perceived as a racist you should get out . mr. BIG .

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2002 01:44 AM            
MrBIIIIIIIG, you are clearly pushing for an argument on this forum. I "suggest" that ppl do not respond to your posts. The TM community knows it's place and is happy with things how they are.

As far as players go, were working on that one too. Youre perfectly entitled to your view on clans, but I doubt your words will sway anyone here.

By all means start a KKK clan. How it will be received is a matter of TM global community views. some will welcome it, some will not. Admin here will guard the forums integrity, and most everyone here is happy with the choices for who should be in that role. But if you try and enforce your views upon people here, you will quickly find the cold shoulder situation in effect. Just my 2p.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 06:42 PM         
hmmmmm well this has been informative to say the least . so if my information is correct all i need do is register at the DMF site and i can then participate in ranked ddm's even tho i'm not intrested in being affiliated with a clan ? what a relief . I'm heartened that i can participate without havin to join a gang .

------------------

IP:

coaxs
posted November 28, 2002 06:54 PM            
Just need to jump in for one second.

DNX is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse organizations I have ever been in and saying that clans have a connotation of racism only elucidates your ignorance.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 28, 2002 07:37 PM            
Apparently, This guy associates a clan as a "gang". This is not true. A clan is equivalent to a team. Such as in Baseball, Hockey, Paintball, etc. Certain events are team oriented and the group of people that compose a team who practice playing together will easily win the match against a group of people who just joined together. Can you just show up at a Nicks game and play? I think not.

As for politics, that always comes about when you have a large group of people and is absolutly necessary. What would the USA be without a governing body? There must be a chain of command in order to maintain an organized group.

When events are schedualed as being 'Clan' events it is because they are team oriented in nature. This gives the teams a chance to compete against each other. Not because there is an evil empire bent to control the minds of people nor is it an exclusive country club.

I think it is very funny how you tout yourself as a well-educated older man, but yet show through your comments that you donot understand the need for these basic principles, and jumping in with guns blazing waving a banner: "clan's are oppressing the masses and is the root of all evil".

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2002 11:15 PM            
quote:
hmmmmm well this has been informative to say the least . so if my information is correct all i need do is register at the DMF site and i can then participate in ranked ddm's even tho i'm not intrested in being affiliated with a clan ? what a relief . I'm heartened that i can participate without havin to join a gang . - Mr Ego

DMF no longer runs the TM ladders, and it has never run the DDM's - Registering at DMF as a lonewolf will enable you to play for a ladder placing in any events we run in Treadmarks, nothing more.

Coax looks after the ladder details
Paranor runs the DDM server (or used to, i dont know the current arrangement).

I will say this however, with such a mouth, your application to DMF will be refused.

As for clan / Lonewolf affiliation - have a look at LWA, a clan of otherwise lonewolves who treat their affiliation as a temporary one in order to act as a team in ranked DDM's

Any links you need for TM can be found on Coax's site, DMF site or several other TM Fan / Clan sites on the net.

It is my sincere hope that youre not who i think you are, its also my hope that you clean up your act a little, sure enough Ive had my moments, but I can tell you this - regardless of what I say, others here have also shown their negative feelings of your post content; and that speaks volumes.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 29, 2002 01:22 PM            
lol. see what happens when a BB gets quiet too long?

yes i'm doing DDM servers but I'm on a hiatus for a few weeks/months. will be back soon....very soon...

IP:

Rex R
posted November 29, 2002 01:40 PM            
par let me know if you want some sort of server package put together (for your return to running a server, heh I'm still running the ctf pak. find it great fun in single player,gotta love the 240mm)

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 29, 2002 05:52 PM         
why not just call them teams then , unless everyone is from Scotland and has ties to what are termed clans . In the states clan has a much different connotation . No difference to me , as , i'm not a joiner in any event . My perception of tm is that it is almost exclusively a game for individuals rather than a team effort , excluding quite obviously ctf events , which don't seem to generate much of a turnout on the servers from what i've seen posted .

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 30, 2002 12:56 AM            
quote:
My perception of tm is that it is almost exclusively a game for individuals rather than a team effort

Take a close look at screens that load up next time you play, you will see one that clealy defines 6 teams by colour

quote:
Im not a joiner

Not a builder either huh - if you dont join such events, how the heck would you know weather or not clans are a good or bad thing ? imho you should get educated and informed before coming into a forum and spouting blabber about which you freely atmit to knowing nothing because you dont join in to partake in the experience !

Sorry if im waffling - hey, wasnt that a really long last sentence

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 30, 2002 07:25 AM         
yes , yes it was . Now for the shortest complete sentence in the English language " I am " I understand the team flags and all , but after all unless it's a clan vs. clan event there is ultimatly only one player per game who wins , irregardless of who or how many are on the team . 2 vs. 2 events would be an exception . Do you play online at all Matrix ???

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 30, 2002 10:35 AM            
When i get the time, yes i do... if ping rates are low, pings are a big deal for me being on 56k as im often over 400+

As far as 1 player winngin, no, in a team game its a team win, its a combined effort, the detail that shows at the top as the best player is indeed the one who got the most frags, however, he may be a great fragger, the other (say 4) players may have been covering his butt thats the strategy that comes out of teamplay as opposed to a loner - some1 watching your back as much as you watch theirs...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 30, 2002 01:23 PM            
quote:
Now for the shortest complete sentence in the English language " I am "

And the longest sentence in the English language is "I do"

IP:

synack
posted November 30, 2002 03:58 PM         
HA!!!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 30, 2002 06:12 PM            
Y?

IP:

synack
posted November 30, 2002 06:25 PM         
You're single, aren't you?

You must be.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 01, 2002 12:45 AM            
LOL, Sue! Good one!

IP:

mr.BIG
posted December 01, 2002 09:48 AM         
So what's wrong with being single ???? Soooo many women ......Soooo little time haha.

------------------
" TEAMWORK " ....hide out in a group ...... and they'll never see your faults !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 01, 2002 01:13 PM            
Lol, theres nothing wrong with being little... err i mean lonely... err alone.... i mean single

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2