|
Author Topic:   just my opinion on low participation now
mr.BIG
posted November 27, 2002 10:05 PM         
This is only MY opinion as to what is wrong with participation in the game and BB . From past perusal of the postings here , I have surmised that it's gone from a place where adults can play and post to a place where adults and their opinions are very much looked down upon if they differ from those who regulate this board . Seems that prior to all the editing and boots ( or thretend boots from the bb ) the bb and servers were thriving . May be time to change a few things around here !!! For those who are busy with other life activities , that's understandable , we all have that . for those who have been driven away by so-called leaders it is totally another . We all have paid for this game and have the right to participate in all aspects of it , including this bb . for those who may be offended by adult conversation during server play I say make a server for kids and there parents to play on , but otherwise keep the kids off of the main publis tm servers , as adult use them , have paid for the right to use them , and should not be subjected to the objections of a very small minority as to what is appropriate language on them . mr. BIG !!!!

------------------
if u keep an open mind ...... people will throw trash in it

IP:

kv
posted November 27, 2002 11:50 PM            
ahem, you didn't pay for the right to play on _any_ servers. The servers are provided for everyone to play on, kids and adults. Server admins are not being compensated in any way for running a server.

You do not have a right to say whatever you want on the servers. This is a community with people of all ages, and it has rules.

If you want "adult" language, run your own server.

IP:

corpse
posted November 27, 2002 11:56 PM            
your not in kansas no more,welcome to the real world mr.BIG.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:00 AM         
you may have a valid point , and i believe its up to the hosts of the server(s) to relay this information to those who logon . so are you affiliated in anyway with lda ??? do you speak for them , or just yoursef ??????? this as i surmise is an ongoing issue that really needs resolution or , without such a quiet backing off of those who wish to make all severs there own little right wing world . its funny .... those who oppose the so called tyranny and the rantings of a so called right winger like hitler , are the ones that see the wisdom of the same fascist ways. mr. BIG.

------------------

IP:

kv
posted November 28, 2002 12:08 AM            
(thinks about citing "godwin's law", but doubts that anyone would get the reference, oh well)

what does my affiliation or non-affiliation with LDA have to do with anything?

I speak for myself, but I know that I have the backing of most of the community when I say what I say.

And this is not an "ongoing" issue. It was decided long ago that foul language is not to be used.

Grow up and learn some respect.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:15 AM         
me thinks kv that the so called community for which u say u speak is damn near non existent . seems to me the object of a community bb is to speak out and air differences , not to stifle any different ponts of view . u sound more of a bolshevic than a fascist , but mine is not to make judgement , only to make my humble observations . been on a few weeks and haven't run accross you . are you just a wanna be here or are u a player !!!! mr. BIG .

------------------

IP:

corpse
posted November 28, 2002 12:22 AM            
i got the foulest mouth around,but not around kids.
kv you right the TM community WILL back you.
got to go mr BIGs moms at the door again.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2002 12:31 AM            
People who swear for no apparent reason have no respect for others who are sharing the server.

Names dont reflect ppls ages, i dare say if your 9 year old son or daughter was playing, you would not like then reading such verbage. I further suspect as a responsible parent, you would stop your child playing, ie: being exposed to such words.

Generally, if ppl are offended, and they know minors are on the game server they will say and ask if you would mind stopping.
Nobody is forcing you, but you would find that the offended ones would simply goto another server leaving you on your own; or with ppl who dont mind the swearing.

The Treadmarks community is tollerant of many things, but they also realise that certain things are a no-go-zone, there are many professional adults here and quite a few children.

And before its said, any dnx will tell you, i dont "lead" them, i "provide & guide" with each member having an equal say in all internal matters.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:32 AM         
please try to restrain yourself corpse one old dog to another Verstandse

------------------

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:36 AM         
matrix u are a real piece of work . not withstanding some of the sites u put up for perusal . did u let the kiddies see those ahhh mate ????? bet not . ur one of the worst presbyterrians ive seen . go to chapel mate !!!!! cast not the first stone . mr. BIG .

------------------

IP:

corpse
posted November 28, 2002 12:39 AM            
whats-up guido ?
long time no see

[This message has been edited by corpse (edited November 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by corpse (edited November 28, 2002).]

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 12:41 AM         
what the hell is guido , some whap i reckon . mr. BIG

------------------

IP:

corpse
posted November 28, 2002 12:49 AM            
LMMFAO
speaking of old dog
mrBIG be nice i was allmost your daddy,
but the dog beat me up stairs.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 28, 2002 01:12 AM         
please corpse try not to assosciate me with any old associates you may now or in the past associate with . my job outside of any or all gaming communities deals solely with company efficiency as relate to profitibility . what works stays in place what doesnt is iced . i think i sleep as well as coax ( a perpetual student ) superunknown ( a virtual student ) and the rest of the superimposed virtual realty personifications of this game. make no mistake , those who are on top now will fall , it's already starting . the funny part is im 50 and their only in their 20's says somethin about perserverance and stayin power ahhhhhh .mr. BIG.

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 28, 2002 03:59 AM            
TM Players,
I have been playing for about 6 months now. I have frequented many servers. I rarely find that foul language is a problem. Perhaps it is because many of the players know that I have kids who play on the servers, and also know that I am female (amazing how those mouths clean up when a woman is present), that the use of language that is not fit for mixed company is not used around me. I appreciate it that I don't have to listen to a whole lot of foul-mouthed jabs when I play. I don't mind an occasional cuss word now and again, but using extremely descriptive language is not in your best interest (can get booted off of individual servers, if the server operator is around or reports of bad behaviour get back to the person running that server). You can also get booted off of the BB. If you want to cuss during a game, please do it out loud, to yourself, so I don't have to leave a game with you in it, or consider using only the team chat - if the members of your team are willing to put up with the language. Or cuss in German. Whatever floats your boat.
I have played on a server with mr.BIG. Mr BIG is a good player - at least he gets a good frag count. Now you just have to learn the "unwritten rules" of the game. You are free to post your opinions on the BB. You are expected to use decent language. Most TM players frown upon spawn fragging, but understand that "anything goes" in a battle for standing. In most other TM games for fun, we give each other a chance to grab a weapon first. Sniping is okay. If you have killed someone with "the Shadow"/chaotic evil, try going for other targets the next few goes. Not too many rules. Most of them are for a sense of fair play and for a pleasant gaming experience. Enjoy the game and I hope to see more of you on line soon.

IP:

coaxs
posted November 28, 2002 07:08 PM            
I have noticed your implications that some people on this board have Hitler, fascist, communist ideals.

I have always found in my short existence on this planet that those who call others foul and despicable things are more often then not the same thing themselves.

IP:

wolfman
posted November 28, 2002 09:01 PM            
Think you hit it dead on target Corpse. Style of play, commentary style, wording, etc - he's back. You are definitely a challenge to play - thought that was who you were from the get go
(PS Don't protest too much lol

IP:

Paranor
posted November 29, 2002 01:18 PM            
gee, i wonder who mr. big is.

IP:

mr.BIG
posted November 29, 2002 05:44 PM         
who i used to play as for a few months was Thor . now i go by mr.BIG , stole the name from rocky and bullwinkle show .

------------------

IP:

wolfman
posted November 29, 2002 05:52 PM            
I stand corrected - must of confused myself -not that hard lately lol Welcome Thor / Mr. Big. JT

IP: