This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Roll call
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 25, 2002 02:25 AM            
Holla if you have a pulse and aren't too busy playing something else besides TM! Most of the biggest games out there boil down to exactly what TM provides.I'd rather play with this community than any other gaming community out there.Lets have a TM revival and get this board/game back to where it was.So put down whatever has been keeping you from taking part in this community and try to play as much as you can this week.I'll try the same even though its finals time at school and I would have a good reason not to.Even though I haven't played much in the last couple months I have still been around to see this place go downhill bigtime.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited November 25, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 25, 2002 03:28 AM            
Mostly been playing on the Armageddon server looking fer someone to have the 120mm/guts to knock me off of my crown! A few have come close but not yet!! Might be able to close in on 100,000 frags soon...

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 25, 2002 03:55 AM            
well, every time something happens to me or my puter, i'm usually off for like a month to 4 months, and every time I return, this place seems quieter and quieter!

I still play TM usually the early hours of hte morn cos noone's on during the day here. And cos I'm working more, I have less time to play it now.

But what happened to the regular posters? and the ones who posted here for a small while who 'loved' the game?

IP:

coaxs
posted November 25, 2002 05:45 AM            
I'm still here, always will be.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

kv
posted November 25, 2002 06:40 AM            
Yo.

Been busy with school, work, etc. When I do have free time, there are other things that I would rather do (TM is fun, but does not get me anywhere).

And I still run my server, if anyone plays on it...

IP:

Paranor
posted November 25, 2002 08:21 AM            
From what limited time I get to play on the puter, I've been playing 50/50 BF1942 and TM. Except DDM, whereas I go to my new church during that time. And I have no motivation to fire up the DDM server due to lack of players at the moment.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 25, 2002 11:40 AM            
had online gaming probs as you may know, PCI communications device i think? its got a ? next to it in device manager, but this is merely the latest suspect in this problem, there have been many others that all failed to fix the prob

bacsicaly i cant connect to online games servers of any kind

so i duno

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 25, 2002 12:10 PM            
Im still kickin, still modding more than playing tho... lack of feedback in general is causing a lack of willingness to try new things since i dont know what ppl use or dont, play or dont, like or dont. I find it hard to have the motivation to learn what else the TM engine can do, when to all intents and purposes only 5 ppl get to use, play with or see your work... kinda an anti climax really. I enjoy it offline, but who to share it with ?

At the moment im in bz1.8 with rad, dx and the guys.. TM has taken a back seat since everytime i check the servers theyre all empty. Bz is a game close to death and still has 8 on thru the day and 30 at night.

In short, there is life there, im bored with shottin ai's either oiline or offline - and my ping still sucks, but bz is an old game and designed for a 33k modem, and as such is kinder to my pingrates.

But the bz mod is still in the works as theres no shortage of ppl wanting it.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited November 25, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 25, 2002 12:24 PM            
I'm still around. I've stopped modding for a bit as I needed a rest. MY servers are still up, but it seems that only Armageddon is drawing any attention. the TeamCTF server is always dead, and very few people turned up for the last TeamCTF challenge. I'll put up the Wedns. Night CTF server, we'll see if there is any players. If not, then I'll only be running the Armageddon server by itself.

The TeamCTF tank builder is also put on hold for the same reasons as Matrix mentioned. Not alot of intrest unfortunatly. :/

IP:

corpse
posted November 25, 2002 02:32 PM            
i've been play with the girlfriend it's
hard to put that down and play TM,
but i'll think about it.
g/f TM g/f TM g/f TM
girlfriend it is SORRY LOL
tell you what I'll play when she is at work.
thats the best i can do
frag you later

IP:

AoDwingsofdeath
posted November 25, 2002 05:04 PM         
i havent been on cause theres been no one on to play with every server i been on is dead would be nice to make an appointment that all can agree on, and play but since that hasnt happened i havent been playin

Ban

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 25, 2002 06:24 PM            
Yer more than welcome to always ask me to frag yah on the Armageddon server anytime. I'm usually on ICQ or AIM.

IP:

swisher
posted November 25, 2002 11:12 PM            
Play about 2-3 times per week. One game per session.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

ARAGON
posted November 25, 2002 11:22 PM            
Three reason:
1) I get pretty busy during July - Oct time frame. I have been playing more TM recently, though.
2) My wife bought me BF1942....yeah!
3) I could have found some time, but
frankly, I couldn't take it anymore after the last round of fighting. It became absurd, childish, whatever. I got the feeling it turned off a lot of people, and by the looks of it, I was right.

Maybe we do a mass email (each clan leader?), and see if we can rev it up again? I know I am over it. Anyone else?

PS: Corpse, you (still) crack me up!

[This message has been edited by ARAGON (edited November 25, 2002).]

IP:

Karldar
posted November 25, 2002 11:43 PM            
Still around and always will be--just always been more of a lurker than a poster. Heh, check my registration date and my # of posts against one another....

Only get to play at night lately and not even then due to chores/errands/sleep. Prolly be better once I get back to night shift in Jan, but then I'll be on in the mornings after work(CST US)--might see more of our friends overseas, I guess.

As for the board, it's never been as important to me as the MP aspect of the game. Plus, I tend to tune out for a while after things like Aragon mentioned. I've got enough drama in RL--don't need it in my recreational activities....

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Vlad
posted November 26, 2002 01:29 AM            
I'm pretty much a constant lurker, but for some reason, I just can't get into the actual game of TM any more. I played it pretty much constantly for over two years, and now I'm just burned out. I tried hopping on the LDA server the other day, and even though there were people there, I found myself bored in a few minutes.

Unfortunately, I've gone from one addiction to another, as Battlefield: 1942 has me completely hooked.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 26, 2002 01:43 AM            
So general apathy all round with everyone doing other things..... what are we waiting for ?

1.6.1 ?
TM 2 on PS2 ?
TM / TM2 on XBOX ?

New Toys ? New Maps ? New Mods ? New Tanks ? New Skins ?

What will revitalise everyones interest ! If ppl are sick of seeing the same old stuff, lets give em sumthin new ! - just a question of what

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 26, 2002 02:08 AM            
I like the idea of a time set up to get together to play some TM, though I guess I ought to get the rest my stuff loaded on my 'puter from reformatting. Right now, I don't have any days that are bad for me, except sundays of course. I try to make sure my ICQ is up when I am online so if anyone wants to page me for a game that is fine by me.

BZP, I would join you on the Armegeddon server but I have trouble controling my tank on it. I never can seem to get my tank aiming in the direction I want it to. Does this come about due to the fact that I am on dial-up?

Matrix & Killer, gentlemen, gentlemen; what would we do with out people like you. I have enjoyed most of the mods that I have tried, and Killer I have been waiting as patiently as possible for your tank builder to be finished as I can. I see that being a "modder" can be a thankless job as being in the emergency services business. I appologize if I have not mentioned my appreciation often enough.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2002 08:33 AM         
I play most every day, usally between 5pm and 7pm EDT. Weekends, I might be found online almost any time from early morning on, unless I'm on the golf course.

Unfortunately, no more golf in my neck of the woods until March or April of next year. Tooooooo cold!

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted November 26, 2002 12:22 PM            
I`m on quite a lot and a lot of the time just frgging bots. Avertising is the way to go i think. Someone mentioned tee shirt`s awhile back, car sticker`s would be good i think. There must be a way to bring more people in because eventually i will be the only one left

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 26, 2002 01:36 PM            
Im the one who mentioned T-Shirts - but again there was so little interest, the topic never got finished... If memory serves, the choice was for me to print and ship them (with LDA's trademark permission of course) which works out pretty expensive..

Or provide the designs online (huge files and not practical) as flat 600 dpi tiff art for you to print as you see fit.

Only reason i didnt design any is only 3 ppl were interested.

quote:
Matrix & Killer, gentlemen, gentlemen; what would we do with out people like you. I have enjoyed most of the mods that I have tried, and Killer I have been waiting as patiently as possible for your tank builder to be finished as I can. I see that being a "modder" can be a thankless job as being in the emergency services business. I appologize if I have not mentioned my appreciation often enough.

Dont fret it CC, i do it for fun, its nice to get feedback of course, encouraging, again minimal feedback to know what to do next, im sure killer feels similar after the amount of work he put into amazing server setups ! The nuts of it is that we dont know if anyone is actually using these mods/maps/servers, and as such, it seems kinda a waste of time making em !

For me its the run upto xmas and its so busy im gettin about 3 hrs sleep a night, so no more maps from me till the bz mod is out - if that doesnt pick things up then ill be abandoning tm altogether and moving to breed. So many ppl having fun here 2 years ago - and now its starting to look like a desolate wasteland.

I tried settin stuff up and again zero interest, no interaction no need for ladders or tournies as everyone is happy with sunday DDM - and who am i to fly in the face of public opinion, if ppl are bored, theyre bored ! perhaps even busy - but what i do know is that this game needs a serious kick up the rump if its going to survive.

Sunday at a certain hour is not the way to expand a game... thats why news on DMF is stood still on the tm page, no point updating it because the few that do play post here and here is where the news is !

Ill get the bz mod out by xmas, with luck that will refresh interest and server population, from there on in ill be converting the mod to work in breed which dmf will assume as its main supported format - i think it would be awful for it to go like Storm, hardly hear of it these days and such a good mod too... no wonder JV went quiet after its release.

Sorry im just rambling on.... prey continue the thread.....

IP:

corpse
posted November 26, 2002 02:54 PM            
aragon thank you

computer took a #%*& last night. had to reformate. reloaded TM 1.0.1 v from cd ,
d/l the updates but cant get them to install.
will be playing again after i get it fixed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 26, 2002 05:48 PM            
and as if by magic, my tech issues are fixed,

im back in business =D!

so im operational! and willing!

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2002 06:32 PM         
Laddie!!!!!

Bring it!! *belch*

IP:

wolfman
posted November 26, 2002 08:02 PM            
hiya- still love tm - still on alot - though not as much as i used to. Wife was getting annoyed with amount of time lol Can't same that I blame her. Not as many people as there used to be - but we can get the numbers back up. The mod guys - thanks for all that you do - I too am looking forward to the build a tank BZ Mod - can't wait lol (P.S. Can anyone really do the farting weapon for me ) Cya all online and frag ya when I see ya JT

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2