This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   i would like to have treadmarks, but...
little dude
posted November 21, 2002 03:29 PM         
i havent fount the game on the shelvs, i even checked stapels and nuthing i tried askin meh parents if they would buy it off the net, them knowing there was stargate maps and they still said no if you send treadmarks full version compressed in a ZIP file i will send you back a few names of the things i have and you can have 3 of the things i show you by your choice

email to michaelm@syd.Eastlink.ca

do not attempt to del what i have wrote

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 21, 2002 03:55 PM            
Welcome to the forums, little dude!

You can contact LDA by mail and I'm sure they would work something out to get the game. You can also buy it via snail mail by sending them the amount in a money order or cashier's check. But I would check with them first.

As far as someone sending you the game, that would be stealing from LDA. These guys are a small company so your approach to getting the game illegally is just WRONG! Besides that did you know that the game developers own/read these forums? That's like going to the bank without a mask and asking one of the bank tellers to just give you some money for free.

If you like a game, then buy it. Simple as that. If you can't trust LDA then send me the money and I'll order it for you and have it shipped directly to your house.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 21, 2002 05:11 PM            
We should have our new store up and running by the beginning of next week and this will include Tread Marks 1.6 as a downloadable.

Our plan (as of this minute) is to replace the current demo with the full game...but limit play time before a Registration Key is required...."Demo" players will have all the features to check out. (I was thinking of 2-3 hours of time before Registration....comments? ...)

This method will save on shipping and leave us with a single exe in circulation.

Not wanting to use credit cards is a different issue. We'll start accepting payment by $US money order again at our Toronto office address:

Longbow Digital Arts
Box 15
40 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C2
Canada

...but that comes with the usual snail delays.

Jim

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 21, 2002 05:20 PM            
That sounds cool!!

Can't wait to try out the "new" demo and see what happens after the time limit. It won't mess with my standard install of TM will it? Just wondering...

IP:

little dude
posted November 21, 2002 06:18 PM         
thats the problem, i cant do it thru snial mail cause the **** head who stole 100$ when i was doing something like this will probly strike again

IP:

little dude
posted November 21, 2002 06:23 PM         
oh yea, forgot to mention that i have no idea what the price is cdn$ so the only way i can think of that i coild buy this it thru walmart at the sidney river area, ns

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 21, 2002 09:28 PM            
Little Dude...

If you send a money order, keep the receipt. If LDA doesn't get the MO, you can get it traced via the receipt. Make sure you give LDA an email address so they can email you the activation number if you download the "NEW" 1.6 demo and decide to activate it.

LDA won't rip you off...I can assure you of that. And the prices that they list are in US $ as that's kind of a standard here in North America and the internet.

I don't think TM is carried in stock by any of the stores anymore. You'd be lucky to find a commercial box of it on the shelves. I got lucky last year and found it in the PX here at Ft Bliss even though I paid $30 for it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 22, 2002 11:01 AM            
He's right little dude. LDA wont rip you off, we like to look on them less as a publisher and more as friends & family.

AAA Game / Akaei screwed up the initial distribution of the game which is why its tough to find - theres still some doing the rounds but they are very few and far between.

The online download should help grow the community a lot, personally a very good move from LDA imho.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 22, 2002 02:37 PM            
Matrix, last I knew Akaei still listed TM but they never did return my e-mails or fill the order, I finally had to cancel it and I got it from ebay, if I remember right I beat you out of it.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

little dude
posted November 22, 2002 07:26 PM         
yea i knew lda wouldent rip me off when they had demos and didnt represent a larger company, and im really sry for being a complete asshole in the above my bro said that when he got his cred card he might consider it, but when will he get it?
as 4 snail mail, i cant do that, those post ppl might steal the check or take the money out, as said above as well damn bastards took meh 100$ and that new demo idea, if u want to protect your self from piricy then i suggest dont do it, or make sure the game never gets world wide popular,they tried that with gta2, i found 18 bomb hacks so u wouldent blow up in 7 mins thx i like your game

IP:

wolfman
posted November 22, 2002 07:57 PM            
Hi little dude. Sounds like you have been screwed over in the past. Which is unfortunate but there are ways to protect yourself. Do the money order thing, or if you are worried of someone changing it, go one better and get "bank certified check" made payable only to LDA and send certified mail return receipt. Only LDA can cash it and they are easy to trace. Good Luck JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 23, 2002 10:05 AM            
quote:
Matrix, last I knew Akaei still listed TM but they never did return my e-mails or fill the order, I finally had to cancel it and I got it from ebay, if I remember right I beat you out of it.

Quite right CC, was a close one alright, i was gonna offer it as a prize on DMF to try and encourage some entries.. but some1 got it who wanted it anyway so no biggie - it went to a good home

@little dude, umm, not to be rude or anything, i mean i swear on my own forums, but generally not here unless some1 seriously looses their temper, and some younger players view this board too like GA~1 and Jon. See i have repect for lda and THIER forums, i dont give a rats about my own cos its not intended for young children. LDA has many games which are for young children so it goes without saying they will read the forums too.Check out Vortiball and Tigers Bane and the Childrens Books at www.longbowdigitalarts.com (in case you came here via treadmark.com or one of the fan sites).

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 23, 2002 10:26 PM            
pfft Down with Swearing up with "An Artificial Thanksgiving" Right Ras? hehe

IP:

A2597
posted November 23, 2002 11:03 PM            
I was in a simuler situation...
parents would NOT order online, sooo...

I asked LDA if I could send a check, they said yes I could. I convinced my parents to write a check out to LDA, and sent that, NOT Cash.

I had Treadmarks about a week later.

LDA won't rip you off, from my experience they are one of the best software groups around!

good luck!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

little dude
posted November 24, 2002 06:16 PM         
thx a2597 ill try that also u ppl should try fixing that 1.6 demo dload all this time i thought i had 1.6 but i only had 1.5, least the patch werks :P

IP:

A2597
posted November 24, 2002 08:00 PM            
Wow....

He got my name right...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

little dude
posted November 25, 2002 03:12 PM         
i need to know a few things befor i start saveing my money, how much is treadmarks in cdn$ where do i send the cheque(spelling) and did u guys know that if u go in to a fullversion internet game (notice that the map dosent work, then leave the internet game and start a normal single game, u get all the weapons and isignas from the full version, sadley, the new isignas dont work, and your still stuck with 1 map, the ramp and the 2 tanks...

[This message has been edited by little dude (edited November 25, 2002).]

IP:

little dude
posted November 25, 2002 03:47 PM         
i also forgot to ask if you can temprarly edit out a weapon, the craitors from the gravity bang are deep and annoying to get out of...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 25, 2002 03:48 PM            
Look for a currency converter on the web.

Remember, the exchange rate varies on a daily basis.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 25, 2002 04:44 PM            
Yep, the demo only work with a limited number of tanks/weapons. You gotta get the full version to have access to all of the maps/tanks/weapons.
You can delete weapons from a single player game. Just check out the .ent files and remove (rename) what you don't want to play with. Some weapons get called upon by the SERVER, however, so if you play in a multiplayer game and you have deleted THAT weapon, you will still have that weapon in the game, you just won't have the artwork for it, so you will pick up invisible weapons and get shot with invisible weapons. It can be kinda' fun and annoying at the same time

IP:

Rex R
posted November 26, 2002 02:45 AM            
heh is someone hosting a server with the grav bang? that 1 could lag a horse. if the weapon is one you have installed then yes you can remove it temporarily, go to the tread marks sub folder entities/weapon and look for the appropriatly named .ent file (you can sort by date, generally the newer files are mods) you may have to open them with note pad to see which one is which( 1st 3 or 4 lines, look for weapon name = xxxx). when you have found the right one(s) move them to a different folder (temp\tm mods will work) and you're done. if however as Sue suggested you picked up a mod from a server then no you can't remove just one. you'll have to quit the game and restart tm to get rid of them.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 26, 2002 11:09 PM            
Wow.Sorry for just reading this now.Must have missed it.
Great idea LDA.Glad to see you guys finally got that idea off the ground.Do you think 2-3 hours is enough?I would think 2-3 days would be more better.That might give the person a chance to actually see humans on the server and talk to them/play against them.Just what I think.Anyone else got a thought?The only bad thing I see for LDA doing this is obviously the game getting cracked and becoming totally free unless there are some security features?Otherwise I'm sure this will bring the masses.Good move LDA.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 26, 2002 11:38 PM            
We'll be doing the code changes tomorrow... Thanks for the comment as we can set the clock quite high... 2-3 days sounds ok...

I'm looking things over and planning to trim some of the fat and release the download at roughly 60-70 megs... 20-25 maps, 3 songs, sky boxes at 256 color... and post the remaining content for free download.

The current demo exe can't play the remaining maps, so passing around the content won't really matter if we have the exe on a registration key...(nothing too fancy as I'm more interested in getting it out at this stage).

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 27, 2002 01:11 AM            
Ok this is a radical idea... feel free to slap me for it ok..

Americas Army got thousands of players cos its free right...

Do a MAJOR upgrade with 1.6.1 and charge for it (unless ppl have the orig cd of course) have it test the cd for a certain file so u must have the cd for it to install; you could also use a registry check for this function which again could use a key.

Have 1.01 or 1.50 completely FREE download for say..... 3 months as a XMAS SPECIAL. Us lot can go mad on every other forum and newsgroup telling folks about it.

We amass hundreds of NEW players here then show em whats in the upgrade patch 1.6.1 via a web page - set the free funtionality to 6 months (this lets em really dig into the community and get settled); almost a surefire way to guarentee the upgrade payment.

Those who DONT buy 161 straight away, will have to in 6 months time - this means shared bandwidth for LDA's server and a more or less really good year of income from TMers upgrading

All you need to do is omit some stupidly odd file from the download which we all know is on the retail CD this will stop hackers copying it and trying to mount it like a cd image / iso

This method you achieve several key things:

1) more players on servers
2) more custom servers
3) more cash for LDA
4) spread bandwidth & guarenteed sales
5) no advertising cost
6) free games press release to major mags & sites

So ulimately LDA gets 6 months of pain but ultimately refils the player base and ensures a long life for TM prepping ppl for the PS2 version which by then should see sales SOAR !

opinions ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 27, 2002 01:38 AM            
Ive setup a poll to guage everyones reaction. You can find it here

I believe this will help guide LDA as well, please spare a moment or two to cast your vote for either method and show LDA some support.

Cheers guys.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2