This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   The Return of the Wednesday NIght Stock CTF!!!
KiLlEr
posted November 20, 2002 11:28 AM            
I've brought back the wedneday night ctf. It will be a weekly event which runs for 4 games on the Boomstick Stock CTF server. Check out the times here: http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=Events/calander.php&group=Events&uid=&

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 20, 2002 12:24 PM            
aw man! right am gonna try it out, but if my ping stays about 700 ya'll have to not shoot me and let me win out of sympathy!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 20, 2002 08:41 PM            
I'll have to remember that time. I am home every other Wednesday at that hour. I'll try to make it! Today it was too beautiful out. Took a bike ride along the marina and shoreline with the family

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 20, 2002 09:55 PM            
Don't worry, tonight I had server trouble and couldn't get the machine up in time. LOL

There's always next week!

IP:

John B.
posted November 21, 2002 08:55 AM         
Kewl, hopefully some people will turn out. There seems to be a general lack of interest in team play events. Personally, I find them much more interesting as it adds the interactive stategy factor to the game. I find the one on one play gets old after a while.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 22, 2002 12:17 AM            
yeah what DID hapen to wednesday CTF/DM? <=/
and killer, your boomstick servers gime horendouse ping dude seriousely <=/ were talkin 4 digit numbers here

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 22, 2002 01:46 PM            
Hey John, I agree with you whole heartedly. I came over here from a game called Tanarus, which I found to have some real "personalities" that I didn't care for, but I never left until it became a pay to play game. Tanny was a team based tank game which emphasized strategy, though the graphics were not the best and the tanks well lets just say that I never was real comfortable in all of them. The teamwork, when people played that way, made it an exciting game. I would love to see a similar version/aspect in this game, since I prefer TM over Tanny anyway.

G&C, I can sympathize with you on the ping problem, as I have had some 4 digit ping #s myself.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 22, 2002 02:16 PM            
And that is exactly what I intended TeamCTF for. Dunno why there is such a strange division. Seems like eitehr you get pings 170-240 on my servers or 2000+. But nothing really in-between.

The only tidbut that I know about which can cause problems with dialups, is some tanks in TeamCTF generate a lot of entities (missle-based tanks). I have to set the net rate at about 10,000-20,000 in order to eliminate teleportation. But when you have 3 or 4 missle carrying vehicles around, nothing helps much. The 20-20k net rate gives a 56k modem quite a work out, ut if you cannot get a connection of at least 33.6, you will get a horrible ping rate. The only fix I know of is to disallow use of Missle based tanks, and the Eliminator tank. Those are the major culprites of entity generation.

But that dosn't explain why the Stock CTF server has such a bad ping rate. :/

I'll try moving the servers to a different range of ports tonight. Maybe my ISP has routing problems in the 10k range.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 22, 2002).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 23, 2002 02:10 AM            
If you guys with the high ping want to make yourselves feel better, check out the Lord of the Pings stats. You have to do better than 2000 to place

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 23, 2002 11:27 PM            
Sue, if all it takes is a ping of over 2000 I can do that without much trouble, but how do you prove it. I never have been able to get a screen cap to work for me. Maybe I don't know how to do it properly, or maybe I don't have the right program.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 25, 2002 12:39 PM            
Just a reminder. 1st game starts this Wednesday.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 25, 2002 04:50 PM            
Cyber, you can get a demo program like "Snag it" to get screen shots, but if you are just going for ONE screen shot, use your print screen button. by itself, the button doesn't do much . You have to hold the alt key + the Print screen key down to get the shot, but then you have to paste it somewhere. Use whatever program you like for that (Word, powerpoint, paint. . . ) and then hit ctrl + V (paste) to put the picture in the second program. Easy as pie (make mine pumpkin with a dallop of whipped cream).

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 26, 2002 12:43 AM            
Thank you Queen. I would offer to send you one but I don't think it would handle the post very well.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Rex R
posted November 26, 2002 02:53 AM            
one could try adding these lines to your config file
#Animation frame saving. (F12)
AnimDir = c:\temp\tmpics
AnimFPS = 15

note the line
AnimDir = c:\temp\tmpics
the tmpics is what the game uses as the prefix for the name, example 'tmpics000.bmp' saved in the c;\temp folder

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 27, 2002 10:28 AM            
BBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 27, 2002 08:11 PM            
Was looking forward to a CTF, but emergency production problem at work held me up so I will not be there, maybe next week if it is still around.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 27, 2002 09:47 PM            
I know how that feels like.

It was just Me and BZP. got pretty boring.

But we kicked nobody's ass big time. 6 to zip. LOL

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 27, 2002 10:15 PM            
Maybe next time, Sailor! I should be there next week to get my butt kicked...if you "can". (yes, pun intended)

Bring it ON!!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 28, 2002 12:02 AM            
I will try to be there next week. I was working at the Fire Department.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 28, 2002 04:02 AM            
I, too, was at work. David and the boys brought me dinner, so they weren't at home, either. Will try for next week. Keep it up Killer!

IP:

John B.
posted December 18, 2002 03:52 PM         
Come on everyone, let's get some peeps out there today. We need at least 6 to get rid of the AIs.

The stupid AIs ruin the quality of the games as they do all the wrong things.

IP:

John B.
posted December 18, 2002 03:57 PM         
Now that I'm back in on the servers, there must be people out there that are dying to frag my @$$..........

I can start to be insulting like some of the fine outstanding posters on this forum if that will help get the blood flowing.

IP:

ping of death
posted December 18, 2002 04:48 PM         
Im down JB

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted December 18, 2002 05:03 PM            
I completely forgot!! OOOOH, I will try to be there.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 18, 2002 10:21 PM            
I think its set for 9pm tonight sue. The site says 12am on thursday that should be 9pm our time.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2