|
Author Topic:   DDM Today?
Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 17, 2002 06:22 PM            
Par, you got your server pieced together again, or will it be LDA?

IP:

coaxs
posted November 18, 2002 04:51 AM            
Had a good turnout at LDA

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

A2597
posted November 18, 2002 11:08 AM            
heh, I got there at 9, only a few peeps left then. (Max, and MealonCracker). Max left for a bit in the second round, so it was really just me an mealon against a bunch of bots.

amazingly...I won by three frags. I can't belive it..(playing alot of GROPOS, entirely different game in the way it handles)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 18, 2002 01:59 PM            
So I heard, Coax. Congrats! I let David have the playing time instead of me

------------------
If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito.
- African Proverb

IP:

Paranor
posted November 18, 2002 06:55 PM            
define a good turnout.

This board is dead.

The servers are nearly dead.

So I thought to myself why go through the hassle when their is a low enough head count now to play on LDA?

IP:

coaxs
posted November 18, 2002 07:03 PM            
Whats the definition of having dead servers? We have more servers than we ever have players online, I find that kind of funny.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

synack
posted November 18, 2002 07:18 PM         
ok, so everyone except LDA shut down.

Will anyone care? I think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

Try an experiment? Turn off your TM servers for a few days and see what BBS noise is generated.

[disclosure: I play mostly on LDA, just looking for anybody online while I'm online.]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 18, 2002 07:42 PM            
Do that I'll kick yer TM butt on the Armageddon server all day...just kidding!! Every game has it's ups and downs. This game is how old? 3 years old and never got marketed correctly? I play to have fun and garner some gaming excitement. DDMs or not, I just want to blow up stuff...

IP:

KONG
posted November 18, 2002 09:48 PM            
OK, I'll shut mine down tonite.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 19, 2002 06:07 AM            
I rarely have the time to play, and when i do i get the usual spawnfrag situation which is frustrating at best. Ive recently found an old zip of an install of bz1.8 which i currently play tue/wed - its an ancient game and some of the ppl are dicks, but the ones i play with, play with honor, so thats cool.

Cant speak for gropos, but i am forced to wonder, if these 2 big mods emerge (bz and gropos), if anyone will be left to play em ?

Or care ! Seems to me ppl are discovering new games..

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 19, 2002 06:12 AM            
for the record, i dont believe that 9 to 15 ppl on one server could be deemed a good turnout, bz has 1 server left and gets about 30 players. and its a dead game that was also poorly marketted, in fact dead from the neck up at launch, even the publishers expected it to fail, but at its busiest it had around 400 ppl on a server at any given time...

Now 400 ppl is nothing compared to quake ! or indeed the whole world community of millions of gamers, yet bz endures and is still faring better than tm, i find this unsettling in many ways.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 19, 2002 07:33 PM            
my point is that it takes me 30-60 minutes every firday AT WORK to prep the DDM server. For what - 5 players? That's waht the turnout lately has been for a DDM. IN A ROUGH NUMBER!

Not the 25-30 we used to have.

So that's kinda my point.

IP:

KONG
posted November 24, 2002 03:49 PM            
changed my mind. Gonna leave the demo server up till LDA gets rid of the demo download.

Par, Dont sweat it. Everyone realizes that you have other things goin on. Thanx for running it as long as you did.

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 25, 2002 02:03 AM            
Gunnery Sergant SuperU will have tons of free time real soon starting next week.Time to crack skulls and drag them kicking and screaming onto the servers again Muahahahahah

How tall are you private?
5'6" sir
5'6"?! I didn't know they stacked $#it that high.Are you trying to squeeze in a inch on me?!

IP:

Paranor
posted November 25, 2002 08:23 AM            
what server does he have that has 30 players on at once matrix?

maybe I just needed a vacation from running the servers. It has been 1+ years. I'm starting to get that itch....no wait that's something else. hehe

IP: