|
Author Topic:   Games on Monday
Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 08, 2002 08:08 PM            
I was hoping we could get a bunch of people to play on-line together on Monday (since it IS a holiday for many of us). I am thinking of 4 pm Pacific time (you figure out your time off-set). An hour of LDA (unless someone wants to put up a server for this) and an hour of team CTF. Get the team CTF mods from www.boomstickjoes.com and follow the links to TM and team CTF. Hope to see you then

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 08, 2002 08:09 PM            
Sounds good to me. Maybe Killer could put it on the calendar? Just wondering...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 08, 2002 08:12 PM            
I was able to put the TeamCTF phase.

I don't have a TMLogScan feed from the LDA server. That makes it a bit difficult to set up an event for it.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 11, 2002 06:39 PM            
personally I kinda like having a server where im not *watched* hehe

IP:

Karldar
posted November 11, 2002 06:58 PM            
LOL Good one, GA!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 11, 2002 08:29 PM            
Oh i dunno, has it's merits - would stop all the twonks and namecopy's and keep track of who said what to whom, why and in what context

Im hoping to have the logscan stuff on the bz server/s as and when anything gets arranged.

IP:

KONG
posted November 11, 2002 08:42 PM            
I dont liked being tracked either. Thats why I rarely play on those servers...

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 11, 2002 09:32 PM            
All I track is your stats, not your conversations. If thats such a big problem, then I can take the site down. I just thought it would be nice to have a ranking system, and to see who's on the servers, so you can pick a server to play on based on the level of difficulty posed by the other players.

If its that much of a problem, I can pull the plug on my website.

IP:

KONG
posted November 11, 2002 10:52 PM            
Keep it up. Alot of ppls really like it...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 11, 2002 11:26 PM            
Yeah, I like it KiLlEr. If I don't want to be tracked, I play under another name

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 12, 2002 08:01 AM            
Quid-Pro-Quo ! great service keep it rockin

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 12, 2002 10:22 AM            
Thanks, but if it keeps people from playing on some the servers then its not so good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting offended. I'm just concerned as GoldenAnt_#1 and Kong are not the only ones that complained about this. Stopping people from playing on servers was not my intent.

The only otehr way I can fix this is to have players register themselves on my website and allow them to elect not to have thier names displayed on the server status page. The names will still show up on the event results page, and the server ops control panel. Thier stats will still be recorded to compute the server totals.

I was playing with the idea of a custom "my Boomstick" page, with everything the player wants on one page. Its just alot of work and I don't know if people will use it to make it worth while.

IP:

Karldar
posted November 12, 2002 10:06 PM            
Hmm...well, I really like checkin' my Armageddon! stats every day or so. Don't think I could keep up with my frags and stuff otherwise, Killer. Besides, I think there are more people who play on logged servers and use your site than those that choose not to. Just my 2 schnitzel...

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 12, 2002 11:20 PM            
The only reason I don't play on Killer's servers is cos I can't! My ping on them is usually quite monstrous (700-900+). I'll stick to Robo an LDA!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted November 13, 2002 12:20 AM            
Killer, I enjoy looking at my stats on your page. I'll admit that I haven't been on many servers lately, other than the occasional forays onto LDA.

IP: