|
Author Topic:   Timing of Fragfest
Niimaur
posted November 04, 2002 10:14 AM         
According to http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=Events/calander.php&group=Events&uid=& on UK time (GMT, no daylight saving), Fragfest is now at 11:00 pm on Saturday but the pop-up window, when I click the event, says 10:00 pm? Our clocks were put back a couple of weekends ago and the page was consistent that the event was at 22:00. I was on for 2 weeks (all on my own!) at 10 o'clock. Then, on Saturday, when I knew that BZP was back and I was going to get my bottom kicked, I went on at 9:30 and played through till 11:00.

Lo, when I look at the stats today, I am not mentioned?? Have your US clocks gone back too?

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

synack
posted November 04, 2002 10:45 AM         
yep.

We set our clocks back an hour to "standard" time over a week ago.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 04, 2002 12:40 PM            
The pop up window shows the description of the event. The time the event takes place that is displayed on the calander itself (not on the pop up box) is the correct time. Also, remember that the system only counts full games. This means for example, the fragfest starts at 11pm your time and it just happens to occur in the middle of a game, that game is not counted.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 04, 2002 12:59 PM            
Wondered where you went. Thought you got scared or something...(j/k)

I was all set to rumble, too. Maybe this coming Saturday I can take...er, frag that crown off yer head. Just remember to bring it along. I'll be waiting.

Bring it on!!!

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 04, 2002 02:31 PM         
D'oh! Sorry to run out on you like that, BZP. I had just got used to playing at a reasonable hour - I have to work the next day, you know - and the clock changes!! I won't be there this coming Sunday - away all weekend in The Highlands - so I'll leave the crown under the mat so you'll know where to find it!

Many congrats on your 60K - roll on 100K!

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Niimaur (edited November 04, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 04, 2002 05:22 PM            
Maybe Killer could roll the event back an hour or so to accomodate you or the others. I wouldn't mind at all. I need someone else to keep the AIs off my back for awhile.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 04, 2002 06:45 PM            
If there are no quams, I'll roll it back 1 hour straight away for saturday.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 04, 2002 09:30 PM            
Just in case anyone was wondering, in the Pacific time zone, we put our clocks forward the first Sunday of April and turn them back the last Sunday in October. Same with most of the country, but there are some states (Like Arizona) that do not follow daylight savings time.

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 05, 2002 09:20 AM         
@ KiLlEr Back 1 hour is good for me.

UK (actually EU) clocks go forward on the last Sunday in March and back on the last Sunday in October, hence the confusion.

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 05, 2002 10:08 AM            
Which is why event times are not automatically updated to handle DST, and must be manually adjusted.

I could take off the DST checkbox from the page, but then I run into a problem with people picking GMT-4 for EDT and GMT-5 for EST instead of just picking GMT-5. :/

I was thinking of replacing the dropdown with a list of literal timezones ( Eastern, Pacific, ETC) But I haven't found a concise list yet.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited November 05, 2002).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 06, 2002 03:01 AM            
And the UK is only different from the US for one week in the Spring, from the last Sunday in March to the first Sunday in April. So how come there was there so much confusion in October/November?

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted November 06, 2002 05:12 AM            
Hi killer.
have a look at the program suggested by Salior it may contain the info you need /forums/archive/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000170.html

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 06, 2002 11:00 AM         
Blue n Gold Sue said:
quote:
So how come there was there so much confusion in October/November?

Well, it was only me confused and I am a bear of litle brain

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Niimaur (edited November 06, 2002).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 06, 2002 02:05 PM            
If you are pooh bear, then I get to be tigger

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 09, 2002 06:36 PM            
Niimaur--where were you? Thought I'd have at least someone to get those dang AI cruise missles off of my back! Did you ferget?

Maybe next Saturday, eh? I'll make you famous...

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 12, 2002 08:39 AM         
BamZipPow asked:
quote:
Niimaur--where were you? Thought I'd have at least someone to get those dang AI cruise missles off of my back! Did you ferget?

Niimaur said, further up this thread:
quote:
I won't be there this coming Sunday - away all weekend in The Highlands - so I'll leave the crown under the mat so you'll know where to find it!

But I'll definitely be there this coming Saturday.

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Niimaur (edited November 12, 2002).]

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 14, 2002 10:08 AM         
Yikes and Lord-a-mercy! Having just seen your stats for last Saturday, BZP, I think I might be washing my hair this coming Saturday Only joking - I'll be there like a lamb to the slaughter.

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP: