|
Author Topic:   A question for the TreadMarks Pros
Cobra
posted October 24, 2002 09:01 PM         
I love playing Treadmarks but don't know how to even begin designing my own weapons and tanks. I would appreciate any input from the experts out there on building modified weapons. Do I need specialized software? I really don't know anything about this at all except that I really want to learn how. I enjoy all the new, cool weapons and great tanks and I'd love to learn to do the same. Thank you in advance for all your help!!

IP:

coaxs
posted October 25, 2002 12:52 AM            
To make novel weapons you will need special software freely available. Same goes for maps.

But I would suggest to start playing around with just entitities to begin with which can be found in your TM folder. For instance make an airstrike drop nukes instead of theirstock weapons and then move up from their. If you need specific related question try asking in the MOD forum here

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted October 25, 2002 01:23 AM            
dunno bout the rest of us 'pros' but, I started by playing round with the .ent files 1st( lot of the 'seasoned modders' did too) mainly because we didn't have the tools to put new models into the game. I would suggest that you; get ENTegrety to check your mods for errors (they is easy to make, not always easy to find) and remember to put all mods into the AddOns folders(if for no other reason than its easier to remove them if you don't like how they turn out)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 25, 2002 10:28 AM            
Edit entities in a simple text editor like notepad - remember to save you modified ent's in the addon folder using the same file and folder structure.

Maps, get a hold of dreamers TMapper program and a paint prog. Load up in greayscale and make a new pic 512x512 or 1024x1024 white (256) is high, black (0 to 16) is water.

Use BWL Entegrity to check all your ents and TMEDB to manage them.

all this software can be found on the utils section of the DMF website - www.dmf.filetap.com (treadmarks page).

Best of luck

IP:

A2597
posted October 27, 2002 09:14 AM            
to make 3D models you can try Blender. (Freeware, open source)
www.blender.org

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP: