This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Fragfest tonight - See you there?
Niimaur
posted October 19, 2002 03:18 PM         
11 pm GMT+1 is the time ... Armageddon is the place.
If it wasn't for the 20 enemy tanks, it could get kinda lonely

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

Niimaur
posted October 20, 2002 06:49 AM         
Another pyrrhic victory in the Fragfest

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 20, 2002 08:19 AM            
Don't ask why but I like you. =D

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 20, 2002 08:16 PM            
Unless someone else shows up for the 26th...looks like you'll get to walk away with that one, too. But I can guarantee that November 2nd it won't be that easy... I'll be back from Puerto Rico by then.

IP:

coaxs
posted October 21, 2002 02:53 PM            
What are you doing in Puerto Rico?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 21, 2002 02:58 PM            
Going to help out some friends at a professional hair show. They're flying me out to help them setup/evaluate their setup and make some suggestions on how to make their lives a little bit easier.

Does that mean yer going to show on November 2nd and try to make my fragging a little bit easier? I should be recovered by then or at least have enough energy to do some serious fragging...

IP:

Niimaur
posted October 26, 2002 04:18 PM         
OK. Tonight's the last chance for me to shine before BZP get's back and shows me how it should be done.

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

coaxs
posted October 26, 2002 05:27 PM            
What time would that be in EST?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 26, 2002 08:16 PM            
Coax, that would be 3 pm Pacific time. Just in the middle of our SUNNY afternoons! Darn, too busy working on my tan. LOL. (j/k, I dont' have a tan)

IP:

glomund
posted October 26, 2002 08:52 PM            
damn, another event that i missed...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 27, 2002 12:50 AM            
Keep your eye on this page on my website:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=Events/calander.php&group=Events&uid=&

Make sure you set your GMT offset and Daylight savings time correctly and click on the refresh button. THis page will show you all up coming events on servers that are listed with TM Server Stats (Server Admins are encouraged to add thier events) all shown in your timezone. Use the next/previous buttons on the calaner header to veiw other months.

IP:

Niimaur
posted October 28, 2002 08:24 AM         
Not sunny here (23:00) but it was warmish in Armageddon! It is tiring as you can see by the way my deaths figure increases. (My suicides are coming down nicely ... got it down to a steady 1 every 3 minutes!)

Is it really necessary to have those lurid gridlined maps on the Armageddon server? As if it wasn't hard enough!!

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 28, 2002 09:24 AM            
As always, I'm open to any map suggestions for any of my servers. Just give me a list and I will gladly change them.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 29, 2002 01:06 AM            
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that has trouble with those maps.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 01, 2002 07:59 PM            
I'm baaaaack....

Who's up for some fraggin?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 02, 2002 04:11 PM            
Less than 2 hrs before you get a whuppin!! Come on guys/gals...bring it on!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 02, 2002 07:20 PM            
Wow...got my highest F/D ratio for a game: 8.19! Guess the rest of y'all got too scared and ran away.

Niimaur gave me some good warmups with the pre-match games and left before right before it started. Hope I didn't scare him away, too...

Guess I'll be sitting on top of the pile for awhile...unless one of you "chickens" want to come and knock me off of my spot. I'll be waiting. :0

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 08, 2002 08:06 PM            
So who's up fer tomorrow afternoon? Who wants to be chicken feed for about 1.5 hrs? I'll be there...

Oh, 1 more thing.

BRING IT ON!!!

Thanks...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 09, 2002 06:14 PM            
Guess you chickens didn't want to have fun, eh?

My highest frag/death ratio to date!! 8.95!! Almost hit 400 frags on game 2. If only I got those last few nukes off when the AIs were chasing me. And darn those cruise missles!! Without any more players on...those things go up into the atmosphere and then come back seeking you on a real accurate heading!!

Anytime y'all!! Anytime...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 16, 2002 03:12 PM            
Okay...less than 2 hrs to go before you get yer chicken whacked!! BRING IT ON!!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 16, 2002 06:31 PM            
You all almost pulled it off! Congrats for joining the game! Thanks for stopping by and absorbing some of those dang cruise missles!!

Overall game results:

1st =DNX=BZP F/D ratio=5.55 Total Frags=583
2nd [D.O.G.]Teulk F/D ratio=3.55 Total Frags=423
3rd Irascible F/D ratio=4.13 Total Frags=272
4th Niimaur F/D ratio=2.89 Total Frags=263
5th =DNX=coaxs F/D ratio=2.36 Total Frags=76

Who's next...?

IP:

Niimaur
posted November 18, 2002 04:58 AM         
Awesome fragging, BZP.

It was most odd - at the end of each game, I did not get the "Level Restart" msg; it just stuck on the final stats screen. So I had to <Esc> <Stop Game> and restart manually and at the end of Game 1, TM crashed on me, just for good measure Of course, at the end of Game 3, everything returned to normal and I've had no problems since!!

See you next Saturday ...

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

coaxs
posted November 18, 2002 05:04 AM            
I didn't even know, I just randomly showed up.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted November 18, 2002 02:01 PM            
Nim, I have had that problem, too, with KiLlEr's team CTF. Last time I played I had to exit each game and restart. Since my cpu has been acting oddish, I didn't think anything of it, but if you ever find out what caused it, I would love to know

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 18, 2002 02:58 PM            
Well, for Armageddon, I honestly think that TM may have problems with so much action (read: too much data coming down the connection), that eventually it dies. It happens to me on Armageddon after a game or 2. Sometimes I sit at the results screen until I get a timeout, othertimes it hoses the machine (doesn't happen too often, maybe about once every dozen games if I'm on that long. I only had a timeout happen once on the TeamCTF servers a while ago, but no problems in general with those servers. But as I'm on a LAN, I may have the ping advantage that prevents it from happening.

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3