|
Author Topic:   DMF Forums Up & Running
=DNX= Matrix
posted October 16, 2002 03:39 PM            
http://rixy.catalyst2.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Click in, make yourself a member and off ya go
Will be adding lots of stuff to it in the coming weeks, calendar facility, chat, additional smiles and much much more

Im also hosting Clan boards for clans that dont yet have one - but this option is only available with membership. If you would like a forum for your clan, just ask.

Enjoy

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 16, 2002 11:42 PM            
Quite frankly I do not like forums that you cannot browse to see what discussions are taking place and then login to reply if something is of interest. I suggest that if it is not secret then why force a login to see what the discussions are about.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
U Got Da Nuke

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 17, 2002 12:09 AM            
Sailor - a lot of forums require you to log in to read...I don't have a problem with that. The way YABB works, its not strait forward to log in if you are viewing the bbs. Its quite round about and you lose whatever you were trying to post to do it. I think its better (at least for YaBB) to log in first...

And if you really have a problem with submitting your e-mail address to Matrix...well...thats up to you. There is nothing else YaBB requires besides an e-mail addy.

--RC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 17, 2002 12:58 AM            
*nods*

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 17, 2002 04:17 PM            
You misunderstand RC. It has nothing to with registering it has to do with the convenience of just looking at what is in the forum and deciding if there is something I would want to reply to or to start a new post. At that point logging in is not a problem. Paranor's forum worked that way and did it quite nicely. It is just inconvenient to login if I do not want to post something. I like to look at the posts and read them without the requirement to login to do it. If the idea is to make it simple then that is simpler than the way it is. This is supposed to be convenient to use and logging in first does not satisfy that requirement. So from that perspective my objection stands. I think the requirement to login first should be removed.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 17, 2002 06:37 PM            
I agree with Sailor. Even though I will register, it is nice that it's not required to view the board. Sometimes I want to read at work and not reply since I am on a public computer.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted October 17, 2002 09:34 PM            
Ok, so matrix want me to change the forum link at www.goldants.2ya.com to the new one you posted? And it would be nice if you allowed people to view forum without having to log in, but of course they'll have to log in to post rofl Personally, I don't even bother when I have to log in each time.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 18, 2002 01:37 AM            
That from the guy who seems to type faster than most people I know can talk.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 18, 2002 01:46 AM            
Ok Paranor & GA, login to read has been removed, mainly to satisfy the nosy's who like to read and not identify themselves... Personally i found the login system useful for tracking activity - but hey whatever works best for everyone i guess, far be it from me to fly in the face of public opinion and paranoids.

GA, if i understand you right you want an ants forum on the DMF ? please clarify ..

Sailor, youre quite welcome to use the forums, but for someone who skits at me for occasionally posting here, objecting here wasn,t a smart move, emailing me or icq'ing me would have made more sense. If you use the forums, please do so with respect and do not presume to make a big deal out of telling me how to run my own forums. I have a suggestions forum, if you have anything to add, please do and i will take it under consideration.

Cheers
/)a /2ixter

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 18, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 18, 2002 01:28 PM            
btw - your avatars rule. where did you get those?

IP:

posted October 18, 2002 02:24 PM            
Good job Matrix...it will good to read the post of the old clan agian...

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 18, 2002 04:51 PM            
Thanks for opening the forum Matrix, but do not presume ever that you can tell me where or what I can say about anything.
I mentioned this here because you posted it here and it is a forum of public opinion.
My opinion was public and remains so. Your paranoid attitude about being private with such simple things is way out of line. So please keep to the subject, which was the forum, and leave your opinions about where I can do things to yourself - THANK YOU.

------------------

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 18, 2002 04:53 PM            
Matrix, What GA was asking I believe is whether or not he needed to change the link to your forum at his. Registered now.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 19, 2002 12:20 AM            
Im sure you have your own little room where you go an do things - thats not my concern. My interest is why you cared so much to make the reply in the first place; your feelings toward me are obvious and you dont give a sod about the dmf - so why bother trying to annoy me with these stupid piddly little things in the first place. I mean you dont use it, you dont post there, youre not likly to so why give a monkeys ?

Nevermind - im away from the likes of you, i dont have to read nor reply to your aged rantings. As it happens everyone is happy for the open viewing so i shall leave it that way, but i would appreciate your not addressing me again or trying to initiate public opinion to make me change something i run just because it doesnt suit you.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 19, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted October 19, 2002 12:33 AM            
I believe it was his way of giving a suggestion. You run a public site, why have a private board? Sailor was one of the few ppl who did post regularly on your other forums... as well as a few other players.

Why not give the benifit of the doubt to an old salt?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 19, 2002 02:35 AM            
I have no pity left in my bones - ive been trodden on enough. Anyone is welcome to post - if the forum was private it would be passworded, it isnt.

If ppl are curious about reading it typing about 16 characters shouldnt offend their fingers imho lol.... i mean if ya want to post ya have to make a login anyway ! so it still has to be done. I set it up because i like to know who "Guest1" is... can that be such a crime ?

Anyway its done, debate over, use it if yall like, its there and its open. Ok so im being sharp and snappy, maybe even a bast, but theres only so many times you get kicked in the head b4 u start snapping back.

Ive no doubt a witty retort will come to this like "thought u didnt post here anymore" or sumthin more constructive like "the colours dont suit my eyes"; sorry, but thats what ive come to expect here. I darent even praise another player without being jumped on - so like, whats the point !

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 19, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 19, 2002 05:03 PM            
I guess the point is grow up. The world is not out to get you. You seem to do that well enough yourself. I suggested the open forum because many liked it including myself at Paranor's as well as here. You just cannot seem to see that comments or suggestions are just that and not personal attacks. So when you can respond with just thoughts and suggestions and not attacks then maybe others will enjoy your work more.
Again as I said before thanks for opening it up. I am sure all will benefit from it and enjoy it more. Now remember YOU were on the attack here not me or anyone else. So drop your crying towel and accept our thanks for doing what was suggested. THANK YOU.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 19, 2002 09:23 PM            
Your absolutely right sailor, ive been stood on that many times perhaps im seeing attacks that arent there, reading in too deep when all i want is to provide something that people can enjoy using, and continue using in the future. You have my sincere appologies, this feuding is getting us nowhere. Lets just get on with the job at hand and do what we do best, what were all here for.... to have fun

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 19, 2002 10:59 PM            
Apology accepted.
Oh yes per your request I deleted the duplicates also.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited October 19, 2002).]

IP: