|
Author Topic:   New Tank.
=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 14, 2002 03:40 PM            
I made my own tank. Check it out. =D http://www.geocities.com/synthetic_fang/treadmarks.html

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 14, 2002 04:45 PM            
so what did you use to render the tank?

IP:

Sage
posted October 14, 2002 05:14 PM            
Actually the Sherman tank has already been made but its still a pretty good model.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 14, 2002 05:30 PM            
I want one. Nice job Dal.

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited October 14, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 14, 2002 07:10 PM            
I used Adobe Photoshop 5.0 to render that tank. The 3D tank model was made by another person. I cut it out of it's original frame and put it over the actual tank in use on a Treadmarks screen shot. And with Photoshop, I blended it into the shot. It does stand out due to the fact that it's alot more detailed than the actual TreadMarks models. =D

IP:

KiLlEr
posted October 14, 2002 08:52 PM            
And the lighting is all wrong

IP:

Paranor
posted October 15, 2002 01:32 PM            
huh?

I DONT GET GRAPHICS!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted October 16, 2002 10:57 PM            
the pic looks like the treads move. do they or does it just slide along like some kind of freaky ghost?

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 17, 2002 02:20 AM            
TreadMarks movie? I do not know much information about a movie based on Tread Marks. This screen shot didn't even happen. That highly graphical model of the Sherman tank was never there. I basicly cut it out of it's original frame and stuck it into the screen shot. Originaly there was a Nemesis tank in there I think. Or a Balabor.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 17, 2002 05:43 AM            
So are you looking to make a Sherman tank for Tread Marks? It would make a nice target for my King Tiger tank!

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 17, 2002 07:50 AM            
Honestly, I don't have the know how to make a tank for Tread Marks to begin with. =D I didn't even make that tank. That belongs to somebody else. =D

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted October 17, 2002 09:45 PM            
Nice to know the level of honesty we have here eh Dal?

IP:

VorDesigns
posted October 19, 2002 01:21 PM            
Besides, if it were to spec, it wouldn't last much longer than a Mite against a Panzer or an M1

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 20, 2002 08:14 AM            
Well, none of the tanks that were inspired by actual military machines are up to specs. The M101 and M102 Abrams can't do donuts like I was able to make the M1turbo do. And it wasn't on a ice level either. =D Plus the only way you would get a M1 tank to go over a hundred miles per hour is if you max the engine out while going down a large slope. =D This game isn't exactly on par with the physics of the actual machines.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 20, 2002 01:25 PM            
Guess I'll have to see what I can do about finding you a Sherman tank then. You'll have to paint it though...

IP: